[Renewal] Lord knight setup help

Started by Yourstyle, May 16, 2012, 09:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Yourstyle

Hey everyone, I have not played RO in a few years. I was hoping someone could help me with some setups / area's for my spear knight?

The things I know I want would be Lord Knight / spear build, No swords.

Questions:
For weapons +10 pike's [4] are best weapon correct? for card modifiers, and hunting specific areas?

Can Knight / Lord knight do Thor dungeon or go to Thor dungeon with a priest and a devotion crusader with some basic gear? *friends will be on the server* low populated.
Also what gears and armors would I need? I know I need a pasana card and peco peco egg cards right? I am not sure of the full setup for a knight. I know a little for the Sniper class.

I want to do undead leveling and hunting as well. Mostly mobbing raydrics and then sometimes Evil druids to farm cards for zenny.
What would be a good weapon setup, Spear and card combinations? for my Spear knight. My girlfriends priest is going as well to heal me.

Also what is everyone's thoughts on Mavka farming as well? I am on a generally lower populated server. Would I be able to mob those as well with a good weapon setup on my spear knight? I never been there other than with a Hunter.

Last question, What does renewal mean? Does that mean with the 3rd classes? Like rune knight, warlock, etc?

Gene

This is for mavka, 1 hit using spiral pierce provided you have a slave sage for endowing or fire converters.
http://calcx.wushuang.ws/?cavbLbiababbBbDababHfaapmeaqaaaaaae5aaaaaaaaacsaad5aaeueFaafbaafhaafqaafqaaaaaaamaaakagafaaaabkkaaaaaaelfaaah3aaaakaaaa
Yes you don't need that much dex, feel free to customize and add str/int for weight bonus or sp.

Renewal means changes on RO, includes how some skills, mobs works etc. 3rd Classes would fit in renewal because of how their skills work.

+10 Pike[4] is good if you need to use a shield, otherwise there's Battle Fork[4] from naga if you don't need shield for grinding/farming.

I never tried lord knight on thors before, I used a Shield Boomerang paladin to farm guardians there though.

Triper

Thors is doable with a Priest. SW/Pneuma is most of the time all you need if both have the proper gear to handle the dungeon by killing monsters 1 by 1. sp is the only thing that will suck since it's too short at lks :s

Yourstyle

Thanks guys, one last thing.. What weapon should I make for farming raydrics? AoE mobbing with my spear skills.

Triper

Any BG weapon that suits your style should be fine.

Yourstyle

Hey guys, I been just started back playing RO a while ago. I am currently a 89 Lord knight.

I wanted to give you all some info though. I am on a 30/30/15 with Renewal mechanics. Btw no 3rd jobs either! I almost forgot.

I have some questions, with PvE and MvP in mind please, I don't do woe or BG's.

I have a Hunting spear [1] what card should go in this? Also this spear is used mainly for spiral pierce correct?

Whats the ideal weapon for spiral pierce on a renewal server?
Would it be the "Cardo"? I just found people trying to sell that in the main.

Whats the ideal shields of choice?

What are some 90+ areas of special interest? For making money or finding good rares *be it loot, or cards, gears, etc* that are highly desired to me or others.
I had in mind, I wanted to do Thor, and Mavka so far. I really don't know what other places I should be gearing up for. I have no idea what to do once I am 99.

What would be some do-able MVP's for a LK that I should be hunting, with desirable drops for the community? *another cash opportunity*
I only had in mind Atroce so far because of the Ulle's cap.

Last question: Whats the ideal PvE, Spiral pierce stat/skill setup? Maybe even what gears I should use as well please?

I am sorry for all the questions, I just been mislead in the past by trying to copy others setups. or using outdated information.  /wah

Buckyx

the best weapon would be overupped cardo or krasnaya... dont know if archer skeleton card work with all ranged skills on your server ... havent played RO/renewal for a long time so i cant answer the other

Sarin

Renewal mechanics without 3rd job. Interesting, but helova problematic. Is it rA or custom implementation?

Anyway. Cardo or Gigantic Lance (if obtainable) are best spiral weapons. If you don't want to compromise shield for that, Hunting spear, it will lower your damage, but you'll be better protected, so it's worth using against some MvPs.

Shields...you'll use them only with Hunting spear, so I'd recommend Tournament Shield for a bit better damage, or alternatively Valkyrie for better protection against some elements. Alice card for MvP, hodremlin for PvM.

Good places to hunt...hmm. You'll spend some time farming bapho jrs for berries and stem worms for seeds to use when MvPing so you might as well grab more for selling. These places alone are reason for getting Bowling Bash, it's been quite messed up by Renewal but enough for these monsters. From MvPs, well, PvP oriented LKs might buy Krasnayas from you if you farm Drake. Atroce is not good, he's got defender so most of the time you'll be doing low damage.

I'd put skills like this:
Sword Mastery   Level    1   
Two-Handed Sword Mastery   Level    10   
Increase Recuperative Power   Level    10   
Bash   Level    10   
Provoke   Level    5   
Magnum Break   Level    5   
Endure   Level    10   
Moving HP Recovery   Level    1   Quest Skill
Fatal Blow   Level    1   Quest Skill
Auto Berserk   Level    1   Quest Skill
Spear Mastery   Level    10   
Pierce   Level    5   
Spear Stab   Level    5   
Two-Hand Quicken   Level    10   
Auto Counter   Level    5   
Bowling Bash   Level    10   
Riding   Level    1   
Cavalry Mastery   Level    5   
Aura Blade   Level    5   
Concentration   Level    5   
Tension Relax   Level    1   
Spiral Pierce   Level    5   
One-Hand Quicken   Level    1   Soul Linked
Charge Attack   Level    1   Quest Skill

Stat setup: 90ish base DEX and VIT for sure, rest STR. You'll need a lot of hit since there will be mobs with much higher level than you, and VIT because they'll be balanced for 3rd classes with their higher HP.

Gear, you're focusing mostly on protection and HP. Depending on what's available.

Yourstyle

Alright thanks very much guys.

Should I put a minorous card in the hunting spear? since I will use it for MvP alot? Also is it worth putting and AK in the spear in the future *card remover* they sell for like 25 mill. I am sure I could save that much up in the future.

Yourstyle

Quote from: Sarin on Oct 31, 2012, 04:47 AM
Renewal mechanics without 3rd job. Interesting, but helova problematic. Is it rA or custom implementation?

I am sorry, I am just talking out of my a$$ i guess. It says on the website "Renewal client, Episode 13.3 Pre-renewal."

Sarin

That means just client is updated to renewal interface. Game mechanics are still pre-renewal, and it changes a lot...

Bowling Bash is still a great skill then, and definitely worth getting. Spiral is...well, much worse on pre-renewal, I'd recommend going BB/pierce build instead. Also means you need a bit less VIT, total of 97 (that is base VIT+job bonus+gear and buffs effect). Krasnayas aren't worth that much then, maybe for some PvP LKs.