Combating Expert Champions as LK

Started by freshmasa, Dec 09, 2009, 10:48 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mahawirasd

yeah sorry for my fudgestickle there guys... to be honest i was thinking shield boom rather than spear boom... got the knight-crus skills mixed up there...

and yeah edge is better as it is a sword (so you can keep your one-hand quicken if you were using it), but if i read the scripts correctly edge gives 10% chance while guillotine gives 30% chance...
but if you're spamming bash without one-hand quicken, perhaps the slight Aspd reduction is offset by the increased chances...

-w-

fluidin

Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.

mahawirasd

ah yes 1% to 3%...

so yeah anyone got enough spare time to corroborate whether the difference in Aspd is comparable to a 200% increase in chances?

-w-

freshmasa

There is also the fact that you can also use a shield while using Edge, where as with Guillotine you cannot. 2h Without Cloak/Parrying/Defensive Skill is just asking for trouble. Guillotine is more effective when you think about things in...oh say a 255/120 setting, where you'll have the points for high ASPD with a weapon as slow as Guillotine. But in 99/70, you'll have maybe...15x tops as an LK with a 2 Handed Axe. Maybe nearing 16x With a Zerk Pot AND Frenzy.

Where as Edge, you can easily hit about 17x with just a Zerk pot and a bit of Agi. Probably nearing the 190 mark when you frenzy. Not to mention damage reduction with the shield.

mahawirasd

you're right about that, but my point is basically try to bash 4-5 times to see if it works and if it doesn't then it's best you revert to some other strategy ASAP...

if the champ's really that hard to kill then yeah you just have ta try and status him somehow... so yeah get a status pike and spear boom perhaps if bashing with a status MG is not easy to do...

-w-

fluidin

if the champ is hard to kill i bet you're going to have a hard time statusing him anw.

since champ has many recovery options, and LK isn't exactly a burst dmg class, that already reduces the effectivity of using status weapons. overpowering the champ with DPS seems to be a more viable choice.
Quote from: Jeon on Jun 04, 2009, 12:02 PM
XileRo is the only HR I know that has a reasonable PvP system. I did watch the RWC like you said, all I see is people spamming the room like every other gang fight there is in RO.