Please Help And Please Read

Started by Invincible, Mar 01, 2009, 09:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Invincible

Okay, First of, it is not my server i am simply posting this for my admin.

Basicly she has been running a low rate server for about 6 months but 2 days ago some one "hacked" It.  She says all server date and all back ups where wiped.  can any one please tell me what she should do, if u think you know post here and i will get her to contact you or add you on msn if you have. please this is realy important there is about 30-50 players there and we all realy want it back. please help. 

Also a little insentive, if you do manage to fix the server i would bet there might be a nice reward =]

please some one help fast!

Greed

A couple things I need to know before I can give you a definitive action to take.

1. Was it an inside job, or did someone hack the computer she was hosting it from?

2. Does your Admin have any knowledge using hacking tools.

3. Is the server being hosted from a home computer, or have you guys paid for a dedicated host yet?

*And on a side note. This section of the forums is for website support. If you needed client help, the Ragnarok Online section is for you. No doubt a Moderator will move it soon.

QuoteKorii says:
Except for the small fact that you are crazy
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.

Invincible

Number 3, it had a host,   if you post your msn in a private msg to me it might be easyer

Greed

My best guess is that your host lost the information. You might not have been hacked at all. Tell your Admin to talk to whichever host you use, and simply ask them. If they say it wasn't their fault, we'll take their word and move on from there.

My Msn is: [email protected]

QuoteKorii says:
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.

Pandora

Sorry I can't help, but an advice for future situation, always keep some backup outside of the computer. Let's say the computer had fried, your admin would have ended up with the same problem. Save some backup either on another computer or burn it on a cd/dvd.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Zone

Greed

His Admin isn't responding to anyone. She was afk all of yesterday, and all of today. I offered to help, and he told her that, I even figured out how to recover some of it. But she never got around to anyone.

QuoteKorii says:
Keena says:
;__;
SILENCE, MORTAL.