RMS Simulator

Started by Ressy, Mar 01, 2008, 12:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ressy

I removed the 2 I had and still no changes.

Im trying to find this filter. :(

Rbread

Hey, I didn't tell you to remove them.  I just asked what they were :(.  I have about 15 of them installed and no problems have ever arised.  You can always DL another browser such as Opera.  If it doesn't work on opera then it MUST have something to do with your windows configuration.

Ressy

Quote from: Riotblade on Mar 21, 2008, 02:38 PM
Hey, I didn't tell you to remove them.  I just asked what they were :(.  I have about 15 of them installed and no problems have ever arised.  You can always DL another browser such as Opera.  If it doesn't work on opera then it MUST have something to do with your windows configuration.
Only had 2 things that I chose, weren't anything important. I'll try the Opera browser.

Opera browser works, thanks.

That ones screwed up too... I can't put a upper and mid headgear or turn them with a headgear...

Rbread

I can do all that fine.  Works on Opera, Safari, Firefox

Ressy

Im having that problem I mencioned before. That the hat sprite dissapears when I do ANYTHING other than leaving it stand. It wont allow more then 1 type of headgear(out of the 3) in any combinacion, as in R. Flower+Beret n such. Any way to fix it? I cleared cookies and it didn't change.

Also can you tell me what episode unlocks the other 4## dyes? I play on Anthem and were on 11.2 Beta testing atm. So would like to hope the dyes come on a sooner to be episode and the new hairstyles.

animetenshi

I just started having the same problems. Clearing cache and cookies does not fix the issue. Neither does upgrading to Firefox3 or upgrading java, (which I have done). The only add-on I have is the google toolbar.

This is what came up in my Error Console:

*1 of this error:
Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'filter'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://ratemyserver.net/ro-character-simulator/charsim.css
Line: 210

*4 of these errors:
Error: Permission denied to call method Location.toString

*9 of these errors:
Warning: Error in parsing value for property 'border-style'.  Declaration dropped.
Source File: http://ratemyserver.net/ro-character-simulator/index.php
Line: 0

*1 of this error:
Error: [Exception... "'JavaScript component does not have a method named: "onRefreshAttempted"' when calling method: [nsIWebProgressListener2::onRefreshAttempted]"  nsresult: "0x80570030 (NS_ERROR_XPC_JSOBJECT_HAS_NO_FUNCTION_NAMED)"  location: "<unknown>"  data: no]

*1 of this error:
Error: uncaught exception: [Exception... "Node cannot be used in a document other than the one in which it was created"  code: "4" nsresult: "0x80530004 (NS_ERROR_DOM_WRONG_DOCUMENT_ERR)"  location: "file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0al6709n.default/extensions/%7B3112ca9c-de6d-4884-a869-9855de68056c%7D/components/bootstrap.js -> file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Owner/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/0al6709n.default/extensions/%7B3112ca9c-de6d-4884-a869-9855de68056c%7D/lib/toolbar.js Line: 1"]

So yeh... I have no clue what the problem is, I do not know how to fix it, and I'm rather frustrated.  /an
Does anyone know how to alleviate this issue?  /wah

Posted on: Jun 24, 2008, 11:41 pm
Well I found out why some people are having this issue. This is related to a Flash security policy update:
http://willperone.net/Code/as3error.php
The above link explain that:
-"If you're running FireFox, you are getting this cryptic message in the error console: "Uncaught exception: Permission denied to call method to Location.toString". Only some users are getting this error and others aren't."
-"There was a Flash security update between version Flash 9.0.115.0 and 9.0.124.0 that changed the behavior of the crossdomain security policy file"

This goes beyond my computer literacy...  /swt

Rbread

Okay, to anybody who is still having this issue:

Somebody on IRC (sorry I don't remember your nick) has told me using any other encode than Western encode would screw up the file names of bodies and heads.  So, if you still have those issues, please change your encoding to a western encoding.  I have modified the file to automatically point you to a western encoding if available.

Raúl

The last hair style of Gravity's does not change the hair dye color when I clicked on it. Hair dyes which have problem are 1 to 9. Other custom colors are ok.

Please fix this, thank you.

yC

Quote from: Raúl on Aug 27, 2010, 06:08 AM
The last hair style of Gravity's does not change the hair dye color when I clicked on it. Hair dyes which have problem are 1 to 9. Other custom colors are ok.

Please fix this, thank you.

That should be because for some hairstyle gravity only made 1 color for it. Using number of 10+ will give you the custom made dyes.  Dyes 1-9 are made by gravity and in their cases there are no alternative official colors.

Raúl

I see. But I like those colors by Gravity.

==

No more character simulator could me help out.

KawaiiOverdose

I've been getting "Unable to load the image" error on the dyes for the clothes, hair and stances when will it be fixed?

yC

Quote from: KawaiiOverdose on Dec 18, 2010, 11:51 AM
I've been getting "Unable to load the image" error on the dyes for the clothes, hair and stances when will it be fixed?

A few solution were mentioned by Riotblade in this topic I believe.  It is a client problem and will nothing we do will 'fix' it on your end.  You could try clear all the cookies the sim (or ratemyserver.net in general) put in your browser and restart the broswer to start fresh.

KawaiiOverdose

Quote from: yC on Dec 18, 2010, 09:49 PM
Quote from: KawaiiOverdose on Dec 18, 2010, 11:51 AM

A few solution were mentioned by Riotblade in this topic I believe.  It is a client problem and will nothing we do will 'fix' it on your end.  You could try clear all the cookies the sim (or ratemyserver.net in general) put in your browser and restart the broswer to start fresh.
I tried that before and I still got that error >< I wish they put back the old version

yC

It was just an update to existing code as far as I know.  There shouldn't be a huge difference.  Not sure what else would help if you tried all the other suggested solution  :-\ and do you get the same result when you use a browser or computer that never was on the sim page before?

KawaiiOverdose

I tried chrome, IE and FF might try using safari and opera
Its still screwed no matter what browser I use.