Thread deleted?

Started by shanero89, Oct 25, 2011, 12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shanero89

I had a thread in the recruitment section of forums, showing some of my work that is for sale, as well as my resume for any large servers needing a web dev. It was removed and I'm interested in why so I wont make the same mistake again. Is it common practice to not notify users when their threads are closed? I assume a mod decided it should have been in paid services, but it wasn't a purely paid service, so I put it under recruitment, if this is the case, could it not have simply been moved, rather than deleted?

yC

Anything that has to do with money need to get an approval in the paid section.  The recruitment section cannot have sales or paid services, while the paid section cannot have free stuff. 

Looking at your topic in the recycling bin I see all it contain are two unfinished project for sell.  It obviously shouldn't be in the recruitment section if the rules are read and followed.  If the violation is obvious and you can read on the rules to find out why, we may or may not feel the need to send a notification.  Because the reason is written clearly out there.

For it not being moved to the paid section.  It is because the first thing you are selling, as I can see from only one screenshot, it looks to be a pre-made software package which is a disallowed service/product under the paid section guidelines.  So the topic cannot be in the paid section neither thus the removal.

Now, we should not fall into discussion on if your products are allowed under the paid section guidelines.  You can do that be opening a topic in the paid section and we will ask for clarification to make sure everything is fine before your topic get approved.

Ask Me

yC, I have a question since my thread was deleted too,
I just registered for these forums earlier today, and posted a thread advertising SSRO.
I had put it in the topic Server Discussion because I thought since I was talking about a new private server, I'd be able to.
Where are the rules to read? Because I don't know what to put as the title or anything.
I didn't include the rates because it's different. I put the website so people can go look at the rates, but straight from the website they're:

Base Experience: 50x, Job Experience: 50x

Normal Drop Rates: Common 25x, Healing 25x, Usable 25x, Equipment 25x, Card 100x

Boss Drop Rates: Common 10x, Healing 10x, Usable 10x, Equipment 10x, Card 1x

I don't know what I would put this as /=

and you sent me a message saying:
"there is no place for you in this forum if you are not ready to follow the rules."
I just registered today, and I don't even know what the rules are, or where to find them.

If you could help me, that would be awesome.

Ask Me

also, what does hijacked thread mean?

yC

Ask Me, there is obviously a section for server advertisement and there are few sub-sections under server advertisement for server with different rate ranges.  Topics in the advertisement section need to follow a specific format and it is stated in the sub-section rules.

We are not in a hurry, you should take the time to read some of the rules people need to follow in here otherwise this isn't the place for you.

In addition to having your advertisement topic at whatever section you want it to be, you went into the NeuRO discussion topic and advertise your server there.

I was about to delete your account under under the spam / waste of time standard after I sent you the private message but I gave you a warning instead. 

Now if you want to do some learning.  The advertisement section is here:  http://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-advertisement/

The rules for advertisement section is here:  http://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-advertisement/server-advertisement-rules/

According to the rates you provided your server should be in the mid-rate category.