Item Search function

Started by Astraliche, Mar 28, 2010, 01:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Astraliche

there's something that I don't find right in the item search function.

and with those settings, the search ended in a "No Match Found".

so... is that on purpose or it needs a fix?

Majinken Souga

Item type: Armor
Item class: Weapon

I didn't know weapons were considered armor. :P Might need a small fix, since a weapon cannot be a piece of armor.
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

yC

The class list is based on the item location/view class in eAthena.  I can only think of, that 'Weapon' is armor class item that wear on the right hand (which we have none at the moment).  If it doesn't bother people I'll leave that in to be safe in case there is a future purpose.

Majinken Souga

Now that I think about it, Royal Guards might get two-handed shields according to Doddler. That would explain the weapon in armor.
The only way to save Modern TV: burn it in a pile, then burn the ashes, then compress and burn those ashes, then sprinkle it with holy water, then send the result into a black hole and never see it again.

DarkDevine

Weapon and Armor are two different Types of items.

While in e.g. Headgears the ViewID contains the Sprite to show above the character,
the ViewID in a Weapon contains the Type of the Weapon (One-Handed Sword, Two-handed Sword etc.)

Type:
   0   Healing item.
   2   Usable item.
   3   Etc item
   4   Weapon
   5   Armor/Garment/Boots/Headgear
   6   Card
   7   Pet egg
   8   Pet equipment
   10   Ammo (Arrows/Bullets/etc)
   11   Usable with delayed consumption (item is lost from inventory
      after selecting a target, for use with skills and pet lures)

The place on which it will be equipped is told by the Loc field, this can be any slot and totally different slots mixed together.

So actually, there can't be an item that has type Armor -> Weapon, Armor is Footgear, Robe, Chest, Headgear and Accessory while Weapon is the weapon type, one-handed sword, axe, mace, staff etc.
TotalRO - 10x/10x