Character Simulator

Started by Kizaki, Oct 27, 2011, 12:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kizaki

Hello, I make signatures for my guild and when I use the Character Simulator to animate the different jobs, but ultimately gives me a dialog box that says: "Unable to load the image" with various headgears and even colors.

Spoiler

[close]

PS: Sorry for my bad English / swt

yC

I think this is an old problem and always happen to certain people whenever an update came out.  I believe it has to do with mismatch javascript when the php calls to the javascript you have cached but it could be other problems.  The simple fix would be clear cache, refresh, restart browser ... something that will force your browser to get all the updated files to run the sim.

Otherwise you can try what Riotblade suggested here >> http://forum.ratemyserver.net/support/rms-simulator/

Kizaki

I read what he said on that topic, now the specific item that gives me this error is the Rose of crimson,with others I donĀ“t have problem

yC

I got the same for Rose of crimson, don't worry about it (since it's not just you) I think it might be a sprite mix up or missing.  I'll let riot know.

Rbread

A lot of headgears were killed because yC didn't make a backup of the files.  When I have time, I'll add them back and more.  When you have one item that's missing, every other combination of yours is going to be missing as well.

yC

I was naive to think you have those sprites sitting around locally in your hard drive -.- where is your backup :)

Alright, just be patient then.

Rbread

Of course you're naive.

Kizaki

Thanks for clarifying that the problem was not mine alone, then wait to be fixed.

Rbread

I just did a little update where now if the image is missing, it'll just continue loading the image with the parts that exist.

The sprites will be recovered shortly.

Kizaki

Oh! Thanks a lot.

Great! I can choose this item, without affecting the display of other headgears.

Rbread

I've just reuploaded every sprite file that exists from cRO/eRO/jRO.  Most if not all hats should be there.  I've also updated with additional hats that RMS don't have images of yet.  You can probably access them through a browser such as IE that shows image 404s.

Empty images should show up now.

Kizaki

Wow, now there are many more hats, including shields and weapons. Also now the sprite display of crimson rose. I loved this update.