BaphometRO - 10 Reviews has been removed?

Started by CrossMarian, Apr 20, 2010, 03:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CrossMarian

Hi I am a very old player of BaphometRO and a friend of the GM in this server. I don't understand why 10 reviews had been removed from bRO's review listings, and from what the GM told me this is not the first time RMS removed bRO's reviews. Previously, another 10 reviews had been removed before as well. So in all, a total of 20 reviews had been removed. From what I know, we have followed all the review guidelines. I hope an explanation could be given. Thanks.

Cyric

Chances are great they are either removing bogus/fake reviews or you have people making multiple reviews by using proxied URLs. If that is the case the server you speak of is lucky to still have its listing at all. RMS will usually suspend any accounts that use these methods to garner better reviews and higher ratings. Another reason could be that the Owner/Admin requested to have them removed. Then there is also the possibility that the reviewers themselves are getting rid of their own reviews as they move on to other servers.
From Alexander the grammarian; To refrain from fault-finding, and not in a reproachful way to chide those who uttered any barbarous or solecistic or strange-sounding expression; but dexterously to introduce the very expression which ought to have been used, and in the way of answer or giving confirmation, or joining in an inquiry about the thing itself, not about the word, or by some other fit suggestion.

yC

The account holder was sent notification on the issue.  You should ask the account holder first.

CrossMarian

Ok i asked the GM and he said that the following is what he had received from RMS.

QuoteThis is a message from ratemyserver.net regarding the recent review activities on your server listing.

We have just completed an audit to your listing and found a number of reviews were made as a result of fraud. That includes but not limited to people making multiple accounts to inflate the number of reviews and ratings. You will notice a number of reviews missing due to them being caught.  If this is acontinuous problem on your server listing, we may have to take down your server listing for further investigation.  There is no action you need to take at this point.  However, if it is found that you are behind the fraud, your listing will be suspended.

Thank you for your attention.

It is mentioned that a number of reviews were fraud which includes multiple reviews from an individual. Okay, if that is true... then by all means go ahead, you are not wrong to remove them. But it was also stated that besides multiple reviews, there were also other complications. May I know what they are? There could be one or two multiple reviews but all the 10 reviews being removed for the same reason is highly unlikely.
Why? Because i can recognize most of the review writer's UserNames being InGameNames of different players. What were the other complications besides multiple reviews?
Pardon me if you think im being nosy as I am not the GM, but he asked me to find out what had happened. He is too busy with worklife so I am here in his place.

yC

What other complication?  The email mean exactly what we want to say.

We didn't say they are 10 reviews from one person.  You should imagine they are from at least 5 different people each making 2 reviews or a combination of people each making 2 or more reviews.

It is likely, and it is pretty much a daily basis that we take action on multiple accounts when caught.

You see some of the writer's username being in-game-name isn't a surprise.  But you don't have to assume it is their only account with us.

Cyric

Shouldn't sweat it. You are lucky they simply removed them and did not totally delist your review account.
From Alexander the grammarian; To refrain from fault-finding, and not in a reproachful way to chide those who uttered any barbarous or solecistic or strange-sounding expression; but dexterously to introduce the very expression which ought to have been used, and in the way of answer or giving confirmation, or joining in an inquiry about the thing itself, not about the word, or by some other fit suggestion.