Pow.

Started by Lucian, Jul 01, 2010, 10:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lucian

Not sure if this is allowed, but I'll do it anyway.

As everybody here in RMS can see, this place is dying. Now some might say it's because RO in general is dying, but, more say it's because of staff. While I was looking around, I noticed this topic. http://www.ratemyserver.net/forum/index.php/topic,9283.0.html
Not many reviews, but the few Pow had no complaints, but all the other staff members had many. Which is why I'm requesting that Pow be promoted to Administrator of RMS. I believe 1000000000% that Pow could save RMS from dying if he put in some time and effort. I'm sure most of you would support this, but please post and put in your 2 cents.

Green

Unfortunately, Pow is currently without computer access, and has been for a bit. =(

Lucian

Quote from: Green on Jul 01, 2010, 10:25 PM
Unfortunately, Pow is currently without computer access, and has been for a bit. =(
Just our luck. Hopefully he gets it back soon.

yC

He was on msn with eBuddy.  I too hope he can come back to help as soon as possible.  I was just talking to him on what I am doing.

Lucian, the sad think is Riotblade was the admin here in the forum when we started the site.  I was admin too but I leave all the forum admin work to him when he was here.  He left and then I have no choose but to get my hands dirty, putting an extra few hours a day here rather than spending the time to develop the site.  The rest are hired as helpers.  

So you tell me how we can get a different admin.  Simply put, the structure of RMS does not allow a different admin.  There is no way to your suggestion except maybe you can contact Pow to have him make a different forum for you specifically.  Or those that can't bear to see the "destruction" leave this place alone.

On a side note if you want to listen to me at all.  I tried to ignore all the other sections other than support, suggestion and report sections so I could concentrate on my work with the site. It was good for a while until the suggestion board was used as a tool to stir up conflict between the staff and certain members in the forum.  This is not the first time my suggestion board were used to get me out of my peaceful daily work.  Like I said Zone, Silverstream, LostDream had done it.  I am just not going to tolerate the trouble maker anymore.  We are simply sick of the troll -> warn -> more warn -> temp ban -> come back and troll more cycle.  We are putting an end to it.

Well if you are determined I am the bad guy here then nothing I say will defend myself.  Read again Green.

Green

Not all of RMS, yC.
Just the forums.
Which does allow room for switching.

yC

Green, it doesn't work.

Many suggestions require above admin access.  I will still be the one to have to implement or decline them.  That will not solve the problem because history tells me some crazy lunatic might got angry when their suggestion got declined.  Then calls the staff out for a fight.  I can't see I can be left alone at any situation.

Yukino

Well, it is hard to give someone many powers and commands (Administrator position) regardless of what they did. It is difficult to completely trust someone else, so I understand yC's doubts. There is a difference between making someone a global moderator or an administrator (similar to making an individual a Police/Event/Support GM or an Admin in-game).
I know Pow did a lot, but that isn't to say the other moderators did just as much or even more (well, I see more of Relics posts, but that's probably because of Pow's computer problem; I don't really see much of Xarale anymore unless I'm behind the times again). If Pow didn't get criticized as much, it's because 1) He didn't post as much. 2) What he posted was right, and the person could not retaliate. 3) He posted and locked the thread to prevent further spam/flaming. 4) What he posted was irrevalant and did not provoke anyone anyways. (Not in any specific order)
I don't know what powers Pow has as a Global Moderator, but he should have enough to make RMS forums more successful if he wanted to. I don't know if he can create new boards and such (that's up to yC to decide on the permissions), but maybe... more can be offerred to the Global Moderator position (not all permissions if the Admins feel uneasy but just enough to allow Pow to help out RMS forums). Though I think Pow still can help out with the powers he have now.

Just wondering, what changes were you looking for to better RMS's forums? What do you expect Pow to do to make the forums better (specify)? Maybe then, yC can consider?

Also, I think there should be another moderator if yC is spending more time than she have before. I mean, Pow is away and Xarale is not on as much (correct me if I am wrong, sorry D:). Anyways, not trying to start a fight here XD, just posting what I thought about all of this.
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

PETER09

Promote me to administrator. I have the determination and drive to turn this forum around.

MeowyMeow

DarkDevine

Quote from: PETER09 on Jul 04, 2010, 05:39 AM
Promote me to administrator. I have the determination and drive to turn this forum around.

How is that possible?
and how did you get the +3?
TotalRO - 10x/10x

MeowyMeow

Quote from: DarkDevine on Jul 06, 2010, 05:01 AM
Quote from: PETER09 on Jul 04, 2010, 05:39 AM

How is that possible?
and how did you get the +3?
^ dat.

Yukino

Someone used the steal zeny thing too many times D< (like Final lol).

PETER09

Quote from: Yukino on Jul 06, 2010, 05:34 PM
Someone used the steal zeny thing too many times D< (like Final lol).

No, I actually only used it once.

Karma points don't mean a thing.

Yukino

Lol, that was me trying to be funny/sarcastic XD.
Nice image though.

Anyways, we can wait until the first poster expands on his ideas ^^.