Optional Items Displayed Per Page Feature

Started by FantajiFan, Sep 17, 2006, 08:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

FantajiFan

Hey, I was wondering if there was any way you guys could implement a feature that lets you choose under members (provided that you've registered) to set the max number of items displayed per page.  Personally I think it'd make it easier to look up some information that way.  Though I'm not sure how much trouble it'd be for you guys to implement it, if it's not possible oh well, but I just wanted to throw the idea out there ^^.  Also I think another really great feature would be an option to turn off animations/pictures (like on monster searches) to make pages load faster and lag less when I alt tab out of RO.  Again just tossing ideas out there if it's possible for you guys to do it.  This place'll be my favorite RO Information source regardless  ;).

Thanks for all your hard work,
~FantajiFan

yC

i'll think about the picture/animation on/off, i think that's a good idea, it also save bandwidth :D

for the result limit display, are you thinking of more or less?  because i limit it to a number to make the script dont take too long to load, i tend to think ppl are usually looking for 1 or 2 items ... even if i show them 50 items per page the other 48-49 items info will be wasted, hehe maybe i try to avoid ppl doing that to me lol... i know for mob info it may be another story ... it's just mob pics are moving gifs it uses more bandwidth than items pics and i think there's more queries involved with each monster info (drops, maps, mvp, etc) so i just limit the page result to minimize the load.

FantajiFan

ah ok, well option to turn off animation would still be cool ^^.  How about only allowing more items per page when animation is turned off?  I think that'd really help for mob info, just a thought.

Thanks again,
FantajiFan

yC

seems like i haven't forget about this topic, just did the suggestion...or did i?