Filter positive/negative reviews

Started by literalwho, Apr 28, 2019, 02:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

literalwho

I'm surprised this hasn't been implemented yet, could we possibly have a method of filtering out reviews based on if they're in the positive or in the negative (Owner can reply to this review) scores?

I've recently begun checking servers again on RMS by checking the most recent reviews, downloading them and playing them for a while, only to find out that the server has gigantic issues or flaws with how it is ran, and then finding out that these issues were pointed out and submitted as a ton of reviews that were buried under a pile of freshly created alternate accounts or people loyal to the server.

Understandably it is very difficult to find out if the reviewers are alts or not, but I feel like a lot of my disappointments could've been avoided if I wasn't forced to go trough 9 pages of reviews just to find the ones that point out the flaws in the server.

yC

Can't say when we will get that implemented but sorting or filtering review is one of the feature that I always have in mind.  We didn't expect the number of reviews to grow that much after years especially for the long life servers.  Initially we expect review content will change as server change so it is important show review of the latest date first.  Having the filter could also brought up another problem where people didn't check the date on the review don't you think?

literalwho

Quote from: yC on Apr 28, 2019, 03:37 PM
Initially we expect review content will change as server change so it is important show review of the latest date first.
I mean it could still just show the negatives/positives based on the date.

Quote from: yC on Apr 28, 2019, 03:37 PM
Having the filter could also brought up another problem where people didn't check the date on the review don't you think?
If you feel like this could be a potential issue, there could be a warning or some sort of expand menu button that says "Show older reviews" if something is a month or two old?