Adding Criteria "WoE Times" for Server Search

Started by John Locke, Nov 09, 2008, 04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Locke

Hello.

I tried to find servers using this website and works nicely, yet it could work way better adding the WoE times, days & versions of the servers.

Many servers dont even have clear what they are aiming to on WoE related terms, and it turns hilarious sometimes to find the WoE times of a server.

Thanks in advance
IroOpenBeta->SproAlfa->sproGea->NGRO->UltimaRO->FoxRO->Euphro->EvoRO->XatiyaRo->LegacyRO2->EternityRO1->LegacyRO3->FeelRO-> EternityRO3-> European oficial RO

Pandora

I support this suggestion, specially from a lost fan /lv

A field to write the woe times would be nice.
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

yC

hmm you know ... there are information that are supposed to be found on the server's website and keep up to date by only showing it there.

I try not to include too much information other than the generic stuff, first it could get outdated quite easy ... right now i am seeing oudated rates / features  and don't want to include others because of the outcome as of now.  Second is i am not intended to replace a server's complete website, it's better to look for the info from the server's end.

xD again, i think its going to come to a point where you have to say "how much are we going to allow?" i mean, there's thousands of things we could put on there... but eventually its just gona be too much X.x

John Locke

Im not sure if I understood you fine.

1)I dont think at any point that WoE times can enter on the criteria "too much information" or "thousand things"
Most veteran player plays RO because of WoE, and its times are the definitive fact, along rates, to choose a server.

2)About keeping the information up to date... Im not sure if I understood fine: But you should allow server admins to update it here themselves.
2.1) Idea/Sugestion to keep server list refreshed: Make the server admins to visit this website once each 30-40 days. Delete inactive admin servers from the list.

3)About this website to replace individual server websites: hell! No one ever pretended that!
Yet this website is already listing servers and clasifiying them acording to a lot of criterias. I only asked to add the most important criteria for me and many others: WoE times.

Thank you for having a nice website and I hope you reconsider about this sugestion and implement it.

pd: Indeed adding this info to every server on the list would be a pain. But you could just make it a must for every new server wanting to join the list, as well as letting servers already registered to update and fill that information.
IroOpenBeta->SproAlfa->sproGea->NGRO->UltimaRO->FoxRO->Euphro->EvoRO->XatiyaRo->LegacyRO2->EternityRO1->LegacyRO3->FeelRO-> EternityRO3-> European oficial RO

Quote from: John Locke on Nov 11, 2008, 11:38 AM
1)I dont think at any point that WoE times can enter on the criteria "too much information" or "thousand things"

lol thats not my point, my point is where do we stop?
there are so many thing people want woe times, people want aspd listed, people want so much stuff it comes to a point were its just endless XD

but thats something thats up to yC not me x3
im kinda just pointing it out... ^^;

John Locke

Head Monocle of DOOM

I may not participate in WoE but to be honest I have like a month and a half of RO experience but still whats so hard about visiting the individual server's to find the WoE times?
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Brian

I agree with the suggestion. Sometimes I decide if I join a server if I'm able to participate in WoE or not and of course if it has a descent population.
It would be nice to have it on the server information page instead of having to search for it on the website/forums.
currently playing at raijero

Descent

Quote from: GumdropsGallore on Nov 11, 2008, 09:10 PM
I may not participate in WoE but to be honest I have like a month and a half of RO experience but still whats so hard about visiting the individual server's to find the WoE times?

Seconded...it's a click away, RMS is already detailed enough.

Arasmus

Personally, I think WoE has its own fun (Specially new server's where you are not able to PvP with ables excpet for WoE), so WoE times might be important, also its nto  click away..its much more click away to certain servers, so If new servers are being added then it would be really nice to have a WoE time block :D.

20x/20x/20x, 99/70 Max lvl Trans
Custom {Classes, Items, BGMs, Dungeon, City}

yC

Sorry for the lack of attention, because I am really not planning to do it.

I tend to think, it's just one click away in most cases.

I'd think new server that have planned ahead might not have a WoE time set when starting, or it tend to change around to fit the ppl.  hmm.

John Locke

thats the problem
server shoudlnt be changing their times to "fit the people".
servers should have clear what they are aiming to. When they change to "fit the people" theres other people geting kicked on the *** from the server.

its the old *whatever is called*

What comes first the chicken or the egg?

Anyway thanks for the attention xd

Auroraâ„¢

I personally don't agree, either.

Like JJJ already, there's already plenty of things to choose from when it comes to the details of the servers in question, plus, there is in fact a field you can select that will show whether or not the server has WoE implemented. As already been stated here as well, the times of the servers will vary according to where they are located, so it should be the player's responsibility to check out the times on the individual server's websites. It's really not too hard to that, unless the server owner purposely hid the times in order to frustrate his player, but, most servers I've played on had the WoE times and dates right under the server information on their website.

Even if they don't have it listed, though, you can easily just ask.

Edit//

Also, whether or not the WoE information is important varies on who is running the server, or who is taking care of the information. What may be important, when it comes to game aspects, to you, may not be as important to them.

» Coming Soon! «