LF > 3rd jobs rebalanced for pre-renewal stats

Started by Vitriol, Feb 20, 2015, 05:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Vitriol

Do any servers do this? I want to try the new jobs. I'm not too worried about server longevity but it would be nice if they at least attempted to balance the classes.

Low or mid rate

Rider

The codes are written in a manner that only works best in renewal setting. You can still use all 3rd jobs in pre-renewal but they are not fully functional and might result in map server crashing in certain cases.

I'm not saying it can't be made compatible for pre-renewal but it would take a lot of work. I don't think there is any server that has fully functional 3rd jobs in pre-renewal setting but there are servers that have only up to rebirth jobs in renewal setting since that is easier and codes are already available. 

ShadesOfDusk

Hi, you should look into a server called DimensionRO. It's a 4x/9x/10x "renewal" server that's made to feel like pre-renewal. The owner has also attempted to balance things like skills and cast times. I play on and off, so I can't really go into details of exactly what's changed.  /swt

Here's a quote from the website:
QuoteRenewal? Yes and no.
I feel renewal is a step in the right direction but was too rushed. This server aims to be non-renal+. Or what I think would be the next step in the Ragnarok evolution. Think of it as the BEST of both worlds. If you want a number, I'd say about 20% of the renewal features have been left in. The other 80% is vanilla.

RMS page: http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=17823&itv=6&url_sname=Dimension%20RO

Vitriol

That sounds a lot like what I'm looking for, thanks. I'll give that a try when midterms blow over D:
Too bad it doesn't have more players though