What kind of features in a low-rates server do you look for?

Started by Rizoku, Apr 01, 2021, 11:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rizoku

Hello guys, I was asking myself what type of rates, features would you look for in a low-rates server? For example, would you rather play in a classic style: no warper, healer, job changer, etc... or yes? What kind of rates, or something specific you would like to see on a server.

Let's talk it through!

zatiel

Hi i'm actually looking for one similar as well, I just posted recently as well.

I prefer classic style with absolutely no custom NPCs, and I'm trying to avoid multiclienting altogether because it proliferates 'power gamers' and reduces the interactions needed in an 'mmorpg'

violet

Quote from: Rizoku on Apr 01, 2021, 11:00 AM
Hello guys, I was asking myself what type of rates, features would you look for in a low-rates server? For example, would you rather play in a classic style: no warper, healer, job changer, etc... or yes? What kind of rates, or something specific you would like to see on a server.

Let's talk it through!

hi there! well its upon your likings.. there's a lot of low rate server out there. if you like here is the server info of mine. well i got warpers healer job changer making you not to waste too much time. 2 guild are now in the game still waiting for more before open the woe.

http://tietra-ro.com/?module=main&action=guide

distilled1

Quote from: zatiel on Apr 01, 2021, 12:27 PM
Hi i'm actually looking for one similar as well, I just posted recently as well.

I prefer classic style with absolutely no custom NPCs, and I'm trying to avoid multiclienting altogether because it proliferates 'power gamers' and reduces the interactions needed in an 'mmorpg'
I agree.

There's many issues that arise with multi-clienting such as players farming insane amounts of zeny which inflates the cost of items vended by players.
If multi-clienting is allowed, many people are going to farm zeny with four, five, six or more clients at a time, and they will value the items they vend to other players at higher prices than a player would who only farms their zeny on one client at a time. This effectively forces everyone to multi-client, even if they don't want to, just so that they can afford to buy items from other players.

Another issue with multi-clienting is having less reliance on other players because you can just level your character the entire way to 99 by yourself with your alternate buffers/fighters/etc. You no longer need to rely on others and it takes the multi-player aspect out of the MMORPG. It's also less of an immersive fantasy world experience when you see many people with their auto-following train of alternate characters.

Personally I like 1x rates because there are class balance issues when the rates go beyond 1x.
I also personally prefer NO custom NPCs such as job changers because, although they're "convenient" they enable a less immersive fantasy world where you're not engaged with the story or quests related to why your character is growing and changing.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

violet

Quote from: distilled1 on Apr 01, 2021, 03:10 PM
I agree.

There's many issues that arise with multi-clienting such as players farming insane amounts of zeny which inflates the cost of items vended by players.
If multi-clienting is allowed, many people are going to farm zeny with four, five, six or more clients at a time, and they will value the items they vend to other players at higher prices than a player would who only farms their zeny on one client at a time. This effectively forces everyone to multi-client, even if they don't want to, just so that they can afford to buy items from other players.

Another issue with multi-clienting is having less reliance on other players because you can just level your character the entire way to 99 by yourself with your alternate buffers/fighters/etc. You no longer need to rely on others and it takes the multi-player aspect out of the MMORPG. It's also less of an immersive fantasy world experience when you see many people with their auto-following train of alternate characters.

Personally I like 1x rates because there are class balance issues when the rates go beyond 1x.
I also personally prefer NO custom NPCs such as job changers because, although they're "convenient" they enable a less immersive fantasy world where you're not engaged with the story or quests related to why your character is growing and changing.

well there's some server like this but after 6 months closed.

distilled1

Quote from: violet on Apr 01, 2021, 02:36 PM
well i got warpers healer job changer making you not to waste too much time. 2 guild are now in the game still waiting for more before open the woe.

http://tietra-ro.com/?module=main&action=guide
well there's some server like this but after 6 months closed.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

violet

sufiasri

When u are saying low rate, so im assuming it must be between 1x - 25x.
My preferred rate is 10x for everything except quest which is 5x.

1) Must enabled official quest such like repeatble exp quest (most of low rate have this i think)
2) official job change quest
3) no healer+agi+bless npc, but prefer more if have npc that selling agi and bless scroll.
4) Warper is preferred to have. at least to entrance of dungeon, since walking is taking too long. most people already grown and working in real life, just like me ( i think so)
5) maximum client is 2

IMO, if there are a low rate server with population 500 people and above (real ppl excluding idle vending meerchant), then i never mind to join a server without any custom NPC. Else, its wasting of time and effort to begging for party when only few people online.

neethree

Healers/Warpers/Resetters change the game flow so drastically that it becomes an instant-no for me with a server with that.
Same with multiclienting, for what distilled said, though 2 clients max would be fine, it can take the edge off a low population without getting into one-man-army territory.
Minor QOL is acceptable for superficial purposes.

As for rates... personally 1x-3x for me. I think 1x exp is fine, for exp is not hard to come by, and I'm not the sort of person that likes rushing to max. But depends on what content you have. If you're pretrans then keep exp rates low... or people will run out of stuff to do very fast.  If you're all the way up to new world sorta thing then it's not so bad more, but I think more than 3x gets a bit too rushed.

But drops... 2x-3x is the sweet spot. After playing a lot of 1x rates recently it's pure torture. 1x drop rates on officials were all supplied by bots... 1x servers have a VERY small target audience. Having to farm all of your own gear on a 1x because there's no market is nothing short of hell hahaha. For the love of god don't do 1x rates unless you're certain you're going to have thousands of players.

I'd really like to see renewal content ported to pre-re, but with no other customisations. I really hate all the convenience custom stuff like listed above, but I also look at alot of the renewal dungeons and mobs and storylines and think "that looks so cool!". It's really oddly specific, but eh.
Current Server(s):
None ;-;