Server search 2021.

Started by Nekoruchii, Mar 28, 2021, 07:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nekoruchii

Hello. Let's see if a server this year fits what I'm looking for.

Server rate; 15x and up
Server type; any, pre-re/re/4th jobs/classic/zero
Main language; English
Professional and friendly staff

No p2w donation items.
V4P would be nice to have.
Active forums.
Maybe some perks/monthly benefits for boosting your discord server monthly. (Only 1 server has this incentive, so idk about others)
Costumes!  /lv

Customs are okay, as long as it is not breaking the game, ie; 4 slot shield, yes? I hope you're okay.
I like new instances, dungeons, they spice up things.

Additional unwanted comments: Spoiler because why not?
Spoiler

I am on hiatus on my main server since mid December 2020 because I'm lazy again and want to find something new.
We know what is p2w and not.
I want to play for fun to release stress from work, not to freaking compete with people who has no IRL sht to do or ragnarok is life lmfao. We're adults, not babies.
Facebook group is not a forum nor discord.
Main language is different from sub/supported language.
I have friends willing to play with me once I consider playing again, they're just waiting for me.
[close]

If my standards are too high, that's the standards that I've been holding on to since I joined RMS almost 12 years ago.
Thank you and stay safe.

akosikevin

https://best.gaming-ro.net/

This one fits.
1month old
1.8k peak players

Your problem will be the main language... This server is tagalog. You can still communicate because if you speak english, they will reply in english.

Events are in english

Pandora

Hello Nekoruchii :)

Is there a chance you might consider a server with lower rates if you were to find the rest appealing? Lower as in 5x regular, but often boosted to 8x (for holidays, such as for Easter).
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

jacque

Hi Nekoruchii,

Would love to invite you to give ExperienceRO a try... We are fairly new... started 1st week of March? There is much room and opportunity to grow!

Discord: https://discord.gg/nPnf43sZ

vohoangquan1996

You can try Shining Moon RO.
https://www.shining-moon.com/

They are running 2 renewal servers having EP17.2 with 4th classes almost completed and waiting for release ( adding custom content so 4th class can't just oneshot everything? )

Number of staffs is low but professionalism and friendliness are through the roof.

Yes. They have forum for patchnotes and stuff. Polls also are hosted there. People still  use the forum asking for guide, selling stuffs. but for instant reply Discord still favored by lots of players.
https://www.shining-moon.com/ipb/

Helheim: kRO oriented. content stick close to kRO experience with some SQL changes.
Nifheim: mixture of kRO, iRO, jRO and custom contents.

Both of them share  following similarities:

• Exp rate can be adjusted to suit your taste ( 1x-100x ). The lower rate you use the better reward you get to max level.
  • In-game currency whether it is World Boss Coins, Instance Coins, Event Coins, or just Moonlight Coins and Moon Coins which is inter-exchangeable to cash point. And of course these coins can
    obtain through login rewards or just simply play the game. And NO. There is no limit of how many coin you can get a days.
  • While cash shop does sell equipment, all of them are for easier start of your journey. However, everything in the cash shop is obtainable in-game by questing or the mean of custom contents. Lunar goes ahead and code several maps and monster for this particular reason.

Of course these contents are more challenging compare to normal kRO content cause of the power creep of renewal itself ( this is why 4th class is delayed for custom content )
  • World Boss. Random custom world boss are spawn after an amount of monsters kills. They rewards World Boss Coins, Moonlight Coins, Moon Coins. These rewards vary by your damage ranking.
    You can look up for more detail on their wiki page regarding world boss https://www.shining-moon.com/w/index.php/World_Boss ( the link is for Nifheim. Removed the iRO and jRO items and you get what Helheim has ).
  • V4P. Rewards are given at the from of voter scroll. these scroll can exchange for various headgears
  • Daily Login. Moonlight Coins, Valor Badges, Loyalties Certificates are given out each days with additional rewards depend on your login counts.

• Class Master. Allow you to use 2nd and 3rd class on the same character.

• Instances . With additional difficutlies. Cooldown reset everyday  at 0:00 server time so you don't need to track it precisely. Instance Coins also issued as reward everytime you complete an instace depend on difficulties.

Looting system has been overhauled to make partying more desirable.
    All prerequisite have been removed for maps and instance access.
    Additional item exchange NPCs for convenience.
  • Global drop is also a thing.

Nifheim goes a bit further and have insane build that you never seen before cause of the mix of contents custom or offical.
There is a lot more SmRO can offer. You can go through their wiki page, forum for patch note and stuffs.

Personally, in the past 5 years, I always find SmRO as a place to return now and then to enjoy the feeling of playing RO. There is little to no drama there. People just chilling with pvm and sitting around in their guild house. That being said. I hope you have a wonderful experience with your stay in SmRO.

yozzyurubuza

Come and join us at SolaceRO

Site: https://www.solaceragnarok.com/
Wiki Site: https://wiki.solaceragnarok.com/
Server Started: December 13, 2019 ( 1 year and 3 months now)
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/qva5CKegWn
Population: Between 2500 - 2800

Server rate; x7 Non-trans / x4 Trans / x1 drop rate
Server type; Pre-renewal
Main language; English
Language Diversity; 60% Tagalog / 40% Others (English, Malaysian, Korean, Indonesian) - Talk to anyone in English, they will automatically reply in English.

Professional and friendly staff. - Yes they are professional, the server has been already through thick and thin with issues, yet it is still running and loved by people up to now.

No p2w donation items. - Only consumables and costume with additional exp.
V4P would be nice to have. - Yes we have, rewards are consumables / rental equips / costumes again - https://panel.solaceragnarok.com/vote
Active forums. - No forum, only facebook group and discord.  /sob
Maybe some perks/monthly benefits for boosting your discord server monthly. (Only 1 server has this incentive, so idk about others) - Not available

Customs are okay, as long as it is not breaking the game, ie; 4 slot shield, yes? I hope you're okay. - Not too much custom items but we have Upgraded Weapons / Armors - Check out this link for more details

https://wiki.solaceragnarok.com/index.php?title=Stojan_%26_Yojan_(UPG_Armor_Set)

I like new instances, dungeons, they spice up things. - As of now, no custom instances except for the original ones (Endless Tower and Thanatos Tower).

Other stuff to feature SolaceRO:

1. VERY active and competitive War of Emperium - There are currently two types of War of Emperium, Casual WoE and Agit Masters
   *Casual WoE
    - One WoE SE Castle to conquer
    - Any Guild can enter, but must have at minimum of 20 players and maximum of 25 players.

*Agit Masters
    - Guild must be registered to GM Team, and must have a minimum of 20 players and maximum of 40 players.
    - One Castle to conquer and changes depending on the time slot (WoE FE 9-10PM / WoE SE 10-11PM GMT+8)

2. Hyper Active Farming Scenarios
    - Many common loots have a good value as an ingredient to sell to people. (This is the only server I played that made Bigfoot a very famous monster, no custom drop.)
    - +50% Increased mob spawn rate and higher to certain maps (Magma / Clock Tower HO)
    - No inflation on items, unlike we encounter on old servers, zeny value drops so common necessities like hydra card price goes up like crazy and becomes not newbie friendly to afford.

Nekoruchii

Quote from: akosikevin on Mar 29, 2021, 05:44 AM
https://best.gaming-ro.net/

This one fits.
1month old
1.8k peak players

Your problem will be the main language... This server is tagalog. You can still communicate because if you speak english, they will reply in english.

Events are in english

How can you say it fits haha? Pass to servers that has a main language and trying to put English just to attract international players.

Quote from: Pandora on Mar 29, 2021, 08:15 PM
Hello Nekoruchii :)

Is there a chance you might consider a server with lower rates if you were to find the rest appealing? Lower as in 5x regular, but often boosted to 8x (for holidays, such as for Easter).

Would re-consider but its kinda low for me at this rate. The rest is really appealing.

Quote from: jacque on Mar 30, 2021, 12:13 AM
Hi Nekoruchii,

Would love to invite you to give ExperienceRO a try... We are fairly new... started 1st week of March? There is much room and opportunity to grow!

Discord: https://discord.gg/nPnf43sZ

Eh, I know 0 about your server, no info to provide le?

Quote from: vohoangquan1996 on Mar 30, 2021, 10:13 AM
You can try Shining Moon RO.
https://www.shining-moon.com/

They are running 2 renewal servers having EP17.2 with 4th classes almost completed and waiting for release ( adding custom content so 4th class can't just oneshot everything? )

Number of staffs is low but professionalism and friendliness are through the roof.

Yes. They have forum for patchnotes and stuff. Polls also are hosted there. People still  use the forum asking for guide, selling stuffs. but for instant reply Discord still favored by lots of players.
https://www.shining-moon.com/ipb/

Helheim: kRO oriented. content stick close to kRO experience with some SQL changes.
Nifheim: mixture of kRO, iRO, jRO and custom contents.

Both of them share  following similarities:

• Exp rate can be adjusted to suit your taste ( 1x-100x ). The lower rate you use the better reward you get to max level.
  • In-game currency whether it is World Boss Coins, Instance Coins, Event Coins, or just Moonlight Coins and Moon Coins which is inter-exchangeable to cash point. And of course these coins can
    obtain through login rewards or just simply play the game. And NO. There is no limit of how many coin you can get a days.
  • While cash shop does sell equipment, all of them are for easier start of your journey. However, everything in the cash shop is obtainable in-game by questing or the mean of custom contents. Lunar goes ahead and code several maps and monster for this particular reason.

Of course these contents are more challenging compare to normal kRO content cause of the power creep of renewal itself ( this is why 4th class is delayed for custom content )
  • World Boss. Random custom world boss are spawn after an amount of monsters kills. They rewards World Boss Coins, Moonlight Coins, Moon Coins. These rewards vary by your damage ranking.
    You can look up for more detail on their wiki page regarding world boss https://www.shining-moon.com/w/index.php/World_Boss ( the link is for Nifheim. Removed the iRO and jRO items and you get what Helheim has ).
  • V4P. Rewards are given at the from of voter scroll. these scroll can exchange for various headgears
  • Daily Login. Moonlight Coins, Valor Badges, Loyalties Certificates are given out each days with additional rewards depend on your login counts.

• Class Master. Allow you to use 2nd and 3rd class on the same character.

• Instances . With additional difficutlies. Cooldown reset everyday  at 0:00 server time so you don't need to track it precisely. Instance Coins also issued as reward everytime you complete an instace depend on difficulties.

Looting system has been overhauled to make partying more desirable.
    All prerequisite have been removed for maps and instance access.
    Additional item exchange NPCs for convenience.
  • Global drop is also a thing.

Nifheim goes a bit further and have insane build that you never seen before cause of the mix of contents custom or offical.
There is a lot more SmRO can offer. You can go through their wiki page, forum for patch note and stuffs.

Personally, in the past 5 years, I always find SmRO as a place to return now and then to enjoy the feeling of playing RO. There is little to no drama there. People just chilling with pvm and sitting around in their guild house. That being said. I hope you have a wonderful experience with your stay in SmRO.

I'm a former player haha.

Quote from: yozzyurubuza on Mar 30, 2021, 01:38 PM
Come and join us at SolaceRO

Site: https://www.solaceragnarok.com/
Wiki Site: https://wiki.solaceragnarok.com/
Server Started: December 13, 2019 ( 1 year and 3 months now)
Discord Link: https://discord.gg/qva5CKegWn
Population: Between 2500 - 2800

Server rate; x7 Non-trans / x4 Trans / x1 drop rate
Server type; Pre-renewal
Main language; English
Language Diversity; 60% Tagalog / 40% Others (English, Malaysian, Korean, Indonesian) - Talk to anyone in English, they will automatically reply in English.

Professional and friendly staff. - Yes they are professional, the server has been already through thick and thin with issues, yet it is still running and loved by people up to now.

No p2w donation items. - Only consumables and costume with additional exp.
V4P would be nice to have. - Yes we have, rewards are consumables / rental equips / costumes again - https://panel.solaceragnarok.com/vote
Active forums. - No forum, only facebook group and discord.  /sob
Maybe some perks/monthly benefits for boosting your discord server monthly. (Only 1 server has this incentive, so idk about others) - Not available

Customs are okay, as long as it is not breaking the game, ie; 4 slot shield, yes? I hope you're okay. - Not too much custom items but we have Upgraded Weapons / Armors - Check out this link for more details

https://wiki.solaceragnarok.com/index.php?title=Stojan_%26_Yojan_(UPG_Armor_Set)

I like new instances, dungeons, they spice up things. - As of now, no custom instances except for the original ones (Endless Tower and Thanatos Tower).

Other stuff to feature SolaceRO:

1. VERY active and competitive War of Emperium - There are currently two types of War of Emperium, Casual WoE and Agit Masters
   *Casual WoE
    - One WoE SE Castle to conquer
    - Any Guild can enter, but must have at minimum of 20 players and maximum of 25 players.

*Agit Masters
    - Guild must be registered to GM Team, and must have a minimum of 20 players and maximum of 40 players.
    - One Castle to conquer and changes depending on the time slot (WoE FE 9-10PM / WoE SE 10-11PM GMT+8)

2. Hyper Active Farming Scenarios
    - Many common loots have a good value as an ingredient to sell to people. (This is the only server I played that made Bigfoot a very famous monster, no custom drop.)
    - +50% Increased mob spawn rate and higher to certain maps (Magma / Clock Tower HO)
    - No inflation on items, unlike we encounter on old servers, zeny value drops so common necessities like hydra card price goes up like crazy and becomes not newbie friendly to afford.

I'm an ex-CM. Ask my name to Lynx. He'll know me. I'm also at the Solace Facebook group haha. Pass to servers that has a main language and trying to put English just to attract international players.

++++

Tho I appreciate everyone with the responses but none really fits what I want haha. heRO was close except for the rates. SMRO is an option but I don't feel like going back to a server that I previously played.

Note: I'm from PH but I am a big fan of international servers. I always see these trash RO servers on my news feed that I know will last short. I used to be a staff so I know what I am really looking for and I am not a fan of WoE related stuff, that doesn't interest me anyways. 90% of what I am looking for existed way back 2008-2012 haha.

Neffletics

Quote from: Nekoruchii on Apr 02, 2021, 04:58 PM
Pass to servers that has a main language and trying to put English just to attract international players.

But but... English is really our main language.  /heh

Hello, Rine!
solacero rip

Nekoruchii

Quote from: Neffletics on Apr 02, 2021, 07:05 PM
But but... English is really our main language.  /heh

Hello, Rine!
But...? Hahaha! Majority of the pop still using Tagalog so needa pass on it aaaand also, hello!  /ho

Pandora

Thanks for your reply, here is more info on heRO!

Quote from: Nekoruchii on Mar 28, 2021, 07:03 AM
Hello. Let's see if a server this year fits what I'm looking for.

Server rate; 15x and up As mentionned before our regular rates are 5x/5x for exp including quest, 3x for items and 5x for non-boss card rate. Our rates often go higher for various events (currently 7/7/4). Additonally, our party bonus is 80%+ per member in share!
Server type; any, pre-re/re/4th jobs/classic/zero We have added several renewal content (dungeons/monsters/item) but refitted to be balanced for pre-re. Scaraba for example was made into a good dungeon for magic users level 70-80.
Main language; English. Yes English is our Main and only official language. Only English is allowed on the @main channel in game.
Professional and friendly staff Indeed. We put a lot of efforts into the content we release. Our quests are polished and our events are hosted by GM with years of experience.

No p2w donation items. Our donations rewards consist mostly of chance items (such as oca, opb), costumes (statless) that can be quested in game and mid/lower headgear that can also be voted for. We also offer Monster Boost, players can pay to double the item drop on a specific monster, benefitting the whole server.
V4P would be nice to have. Yes you can vote to earn 2 points per day and spend them on mid/lower headgears.
Active forums. Our forums are not active as they once were, but news and planned events are still announced there and GMs will reply to any posts requiring our attention. Our Discord has taken over the out-of-game discussions that used to occur on forums. Players seem to prefer it. For info, we also have a wiki.
Maybe some perks/monthly benefits for boosting your discord server monthly. (Only 1 server has this incentive, so idk about others) We do not have this, but in the past we have done Facebook / Twitter events that reward with in game items. There are also "Veteran Rewards" handed monthly in game (via npc).

Customs are okay, as long as it is not breaking the game, ie; 4 slot shield, yes? I hope you're okay. We take care that our customs stay balanced, it is of the utmost importance for us.
I like new instances, dungeons, they spice up things. We have several custom dungeons and monsters, as well as quests to accompany them. Below you'll see a small sample.

Thanatos Basement as its name implies is an extra floor of Thanatos Dungeon, home to the MVP Orcus, bio lab also has an extra floor. Muspelheim is a special (automated) quest-event open on mondays (for 24h), Poring Island is as its name implies home to several poring-family monsters.

We also have Lutia and Faeheim that are entire regions of 15+ maps each with towns, dungeons, fields and many many quest that earn you reputation with the locals/fairies.

There's Warzone, an area composed of monsters that are made to look like hero players. Players earn a mob in their image by paying a (substantial) amount of points earned by participating in WoE.

There there is a place called Neko Island, I'll let you guess what you'll find there. ;)

Additional unwanted comments: Spoiler because why not?
Spoiler

I am on hiatus on my main server since mid December 2020 because I'm lazy again and want to find something new.
We know what is p2w and not.
I want to play for fun to release stress from work, not to freaking compete with people who has no IRL sht to do or ragnarok is life lmfao. We're adults, not babies.
Facebook group is not a forum nor discord.
Main language is different from sub/supported language.
I have friends willing to play with me once I consider playing again, they're just waiting for me. I hope you guys consider playing on heRO, we'd love to have you!
[close]

If my standards are too high, that's the standards that I've been holding on to since I joined RMS almost 12 years ago.
Thank you and stay safe.

Additional things worth a mention (imo) we have Fishing, Mining, Nobility, Light VS Dark Allegiance system (quests, events, special gears), the Chronicles of Heroes (special events and lore), the Trials of Heroes (monthly event), lots of pets, permanent quests and special holiday-specific quests.

Most importantly, an awesome comunity, full of welcoming and nice players.  /ok

www.hero-server.net

Registration is done with the _M / _F method temporarily. We're having a slight problem with our host since our recent migration.
Spoiler
In the game client, insert your desired login name along with either _M for a male account or _F for a female account (example Athena_F), enter the password you want to use and connect with those the first time. For subsequent logins, remove the _M or _F. A support ticket can also be created for anyone who needs assitance (account creation or otherwise)
[close]

If you have any questions don't hesitate to ask!
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Nekoruchii

So,
One of my friends gave me a server after we played l4d2 to try and that's what our guild is playing atm and its a complete trash. Meanwhile my other guild is playing at another server which I promised them I'd join them and saw me posting here kek.
I'll be solo trying heRO until then while gardening at Audition/Ayodance.

The doors are open for recommendations.

Essence Ragnarok Online

Hey there!

I'm the owner of EssenceRO (essencero.net) And we've just reopened in late March.  We're one of the only servers out there that has the new Renewal 4th Jobs (Meister, Imperial Guard, Dragon Knight  etc etc) and are growing by leaps and bounds every day.

Our rates are 75/75/50 and we're literally obsessed with Hats. eRO is very widely known as HatRO due to the insurmountable number of hats and costumes. 

Come hang out with us! Our community is super friendly, and there's daily dungeon runs with a bunch of people that offer open invitations.
https://essencero.net
Come Join Us <3

Bonesy

Glad you decided to join us on heRO even if just for a little bit. Also, isn't this like the 4th or 5th time in the last year someone's tried to revive essenceRO? I'd be wary of that.