Seeking No dual-client servers.

Started by Xynklon, May 02, 2021, 10:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Xynklon

Hi all,

I'm seeking a low-rate pre-renewal server with NO Dual-client allowed (low rates are for me max 20x)

I dislike dual client and I love playing the game with a party of random people.

Sincerly
Xynklon

Neffletics

Try SolaceRO! We don't have dual logging and our rates are at 7/7/1.

We're stable since December 2019, with average daily players of 2,500.

You can find the complete details here: https://forum.ratemyserver.net/low-rates/solacero-classic-ragnarok-with-2-500-players
solacero rip

Desryu

Hello Xynklon!

RöstalgiA will be a Pre-Renewal (Episode 9.0) Low-Rates server (5/5/5) and follows a no multi-client policy as you ask for, which opens up on May 29, 2021. We strongly encourage you to join us!

RostalgiA.com
Discord Server

If you have any questions, feel free to reach us out!

Xynklon

How do you enforce the anti -dual clienting ?

What if It use 2 pc's for example.

Neffletics

Quote from: Xynklon on May 02, 2021, 12:49 PM
How do you enforce the anti -dual clienting ?

What if It use 2 pc's for example.

We have no way to check that without violating their privacy. So we just trust that they don't.
solacero rip

Imperial Regalia

Edit: Not relevant. Sentence char limit.

Wosi2

Hi there.

Check out retRO online on the low rate list here on RMS:

https://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=21441&itv=6&url_sname=retRO%20Online

Rates are 1/1/1, the server is modeled after the classic euRO server and it really revives the good old times :)

There is absolitly no dual clienting.

At the moment it is Episode 5 with episodic skills, quests, Monster stats/ spawns and a official episodic release. Tomorrow Episode 6 will be released.

No donation what so ever, so no pay to win.

Come join us :)

Insomnia2000

Why not give a server a try that doesn't attempt to ban dual-clienting, but rather attempts to address the reason dual-clienting feels necessary in the first place?

Asgard Legend's goal is to revisit RO and address issues at their core rather than taking a quick-n-easy approach that doesn't actually address the issue nor work. Sure, you can slap a ban on multi-clienting and be done with it, but as anyone who has played on these servers knows, people just whip out a second old PC to bypass it. Instead, actually take a look at why people want to dual-client in the first place and alleviate that need. You don't need to ineffectively try to ban dual-clienting if there's no benefits to running dual-clients.

For just one example of many ways this is accomplished, players don't need to dual-client for Increase AGI's faster movement speed if all players have an inherently faster movement speed and Increase AGI's effect is changed so that it doesn't increase movement further.

I know this isn't a discussion topic, but based on this response here...
Quote from: Neffletics on May 02, 2021, 01:34 PM
We have no way to check that without violating their privacy. So we just trust that they don't.
You have no way of checking if someone has two PCs or not and it's not uncommon for people to have multiple PCs. In my opinion, it's futile to try to ban multi-clienting because there are tons of ways around it, let alone a decent chunk of people just having access to 2+ PCs anyway.

I can tell you that at Asgard Legend, we don't ban dual-clienting; however, most players just run one client when they play because we've addressed issues at their core such that there's no need to run multiple clients in the first place. Give it a shot and see!

Lai

Like the ^reply, that's why in new Limit Ragnarok server, we have 1 PC = 1 Client restriction by Gepard :D

Makes it much easier and more clear.

Tbh, many server rules of many servers are quite conflicted practically.