Looking For A Server With These Specifications:

Started by HobbesWasRight, Dec 05, 2014, 09:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

HobbesWasRight

-The server must be English-only, universally.  As well, the userbase must consist of people who can type as if they have passed an elementary school level of education.

-The GMs all must be above the age of 17, with a post-secondary education of some sort, or trying to obtain a post-secondary degree.

-The population must have 50+ users at a given time if the server has been alive for more than 3 months.  If less than 3 months, I do not care about the population amount, so long as it is a small yet budding community.

-A warper, a healer, and a stat/skill reset NPC must be available.

-The rates must be 5x or higher.

-A voice chat server for a client such as Teamspeak, Raidcall, Ventrilo or Mumble must be available for users to access.

As you can see, I'm quite liberal when it comes to what I desire out of a server.

Zeal

Why not give ZealRO a try? we are a new server, just over a month old and the community is great.

Quote-The server must be English-only, universally.  As well, the userbase must consist of people who can type as if they have passed an elementary school level of education. - Yes, we are an international server but enforce the rule of English only in the global chats.

-The GMs all must be above the age of 17, with a post-secondary education of some sort, or trying to obtain a post-secondary degree. - Yes, all over the age of 18

-The population must be either between 20-100 users at a given time if the server has been alive for more than 3 months.  If less than 3 months, I do not care about the population amount, so long as it is a small yet budding community. - Yes, we are almost at 400 peak after just 1 month of opening and growing.

-A warper, a healer, and a stat/skill reset NPC must be available. - Yes

-The rates must be 5x or higher. - Yes, 50x ~ 80x floating.

-A voice chat server for a client such as Teamspeak, Raidcall, Ventrilo or Mumble must be available for users to access. - Yes we have a Raidcall

Hope to see you ingame some time.

www.zealro.com

Zeal Ragnarok Online | Coming Soon | Join Our Community
www.zealro.com

heRO-GM

Hello, HobbesWasRight!

I want to tell you about heRO!

Quote from: HobbesWasRight on Dec 05, 2014, 09:53 PM
-The server must be English-only, universally.  As well, the userbase must consist of people who can type as if they have passed an elementary school level of education.
We're an international server with people from around the globe, but the main language is definitely English, it's actually part of the rule to be able to communicate in basic English to play on the server. The @main channel, which is enabled by default, is English only.

-The GMs all must be above the age of 17, with a post-secondary education of some sort, or trying to obtain a post-secondary degree.
All of our GMs are above age 17, either working or in the process of finishing college/university, but we still try to keep up with our community. If GMs are not available ingame, there's always a support ticket system, that will let us know of your problem/question, and react accordingly.

-The population must be either between 20-100 users at a given time if the server has been alive for more than 3 months.  If less than 3 months, I do not care about the population amount, so long as it is a small yet budding community.
Our server has been there for over 9 years now, so we're quite stable. Our population varies throughout the day, but you can find enough people to chat or have fun with almost any time of day~ Our online count is usually around 150~200, but that includes merchants, so I'd say it's around 30~40 at average.

-A warper, a healer, and a stat/skill reset NPC must be available.
We have all of the above mentioned. But be warned, warper will need a small fee for a dungeon/town to be opened, and that requires you to visit the place at least once on your own! There's a quest available that will open main towns and some dungeons for free, so don't be afraid that you'll be kafra-locked at the start~ Healer is free until level 50, but then she will take a fee for every time you use her services. Resetter is available as well, but as you might've guessed he takes a toll for his services~

-The rates must be 5x or higher.
We are pre-renewal with official max level of 99/70 and stats maxed at 99. Our rates are 5/5/3 and we sometimes go higher during seasonal events such as Christmas, the Server's Birthday and such. Quest exp is 5x, homunculus is 2x.

-A voice chat server for a client such as Teamspeak, Raidcall, Ventrilo or Mumble must be available for users to access.
Sadly, we don't have such a feature. I can't promise that it will appear, but I'll certainly raise the question to the GM team about it.

Some other fun things you'll find on heRO:

Light VS Dark Allegiance System
Bulletin Board NPC with player-entered missions
Mr. Hatter NPC (lots of official quest-less hats available)
Nobility System
Fishing
Mining
Styla the Stylist with 100+ custom hairstyles
Several Custom Quests
50+ Custom Mobs, some included in our 4 Unique Dungeons(Fairy Paradise, Thanatos Basement, True Poring Island, Neko Island)
Automated Events such as Poring Smash, Zombie Run, Fabre Tame, Wordzzle and Mystic Tower
GM Hosted Events such as the monthly Trials of Heroes and Fairy Auctions
Retro WoE (for non-trans only, on top of regular WoE)
Last but not least, a very nice community!

Useful Links:
Registration: http://www.pandoraonline.net/cp/?module=account&action=create
Forum: http://pandoraonline.net/forum/
Wiki: www.pandoraonline.net/heRO_wiki/

If you have any questions feel free to leave them here for us to find, or fill in a support ticket to let us know even faster!
heRO is a friendly, sociable, unique and fun server of 5/5/3 rates with a great community, give it a try!

Click here to find out more about heRO!

HobbesWasRight

First server is not an English server at all, bar the GMs, who are less than tolerable.

Second server was practically dead, with users complaining in Prontera about such.  It was about 5 of them and 50 vendors.

Anyone else want to chime in?

Reality

Uh, well, I literally just opened the forums up to the public (and it's 8am so the people who I know that are joining aren't even really awake yet) but I can't see why it'd hurt to at least let you know. I'm opening a midrate (30/30/20) on the 9th of January.  You can see all of the specifications in the spoiler tags below.

Yeah, I do take age seriously with staff. It's currently only me and my coder right now, as well. I'll have a server voice channel up prior to opening.

Since I'm not opening for a few weeks, definitely take your time to look around for now. But check in on Aeon-RO a bit later. Perhaps it'd be a good fit.

Aeon-RO Forums

[ad copy removed, too much repetitive content, include a link to your ad post instead]

HobbesWasRight

So recently, I left SimpleRO, due to being outright bored with the way things were progressing. I encourage everyone with a half-decent server to post in this thread so I can find somewhere else to hang out.  The prerequisites in the original post still apply.

Smilax

I'm in the same boat as hobbes, so if anyone has a half decent server, i'm also completely open to joining or atleast trying one..