LFS - Low-Midrate w/ Decent population/economy

Started by Fluorite, Mar 31, 2015, 08:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fluorite

Hi All!

I'm an old school RO player looking for a home. I am currently on TalonRO; but certain things are irking me in the wrong way.

One of them being multi-level up being turned off. That's kind of a pointless move for a dying game. I don't have the time or energy to mindlessly grind the low novice levels once I get a decent tank character like a Priest to mooch off of. The other annoying thing is not having @aloot. It's really difficult to make zeny already as a newbie, add to the fact you need to pick up everything after you kill.. Yuck.

I don't mind doing quests, but it gets boring after you've done it 50 times for each server. Especially Abbey entrance quests. It's just not something I want to do again. I like the balanced feel of a low-midrate, so leveling up actually means something than just clicking on a few monsters to turn 99. That's something else I would want in my new home as well.

Donations are fine, as long as it doesn't convert the server into Pay-2-Win.

Not a big fan of WoE, but I love a good MvP/PvM battle with friends.

- Rates: 10x - 50x
- Maximum Level / Job Level / Stats: Trans: 99/70/99
- Population range: 500 - 2000?
- Server geographical location: USA (East Coast)
- The main language of the server and any secondary languages you would like to see: English
- Customs, episodes, apsd, specific map, WoE time or other miscellaneous features: Pre-Renewal

If you folks have any suggestions to improve this post to help me get situated faster, please let me know!

Cheers!
Fluorite

Neffletics

Quote from: Fluorite on Mar 31, 2015, 08:38 AM
Hi All!

I'm an old school RO player looking for a home. I am currently on TalonRO; but certain things are irking me in the wrong way.

One of them being multi-level up being turned off. That's kind of a pointless move for a dying game. I don't have the time or energy to mindlessly grind the low novice levels once I get a decent tank character like a Priest to mooch off of. The other annoying thing is not having @aloot. It's really difficult to make zeny already as a newbie, add to the fact you need to pick up everything after you kill.. Yuck.

I don't mind doing quests, but it gets boring after you've done it 50 times for each server. Especially Abbey entrance quests. It's just not something I want to do again. I like the balanced feel of a low-midrate, so leveling up actually means something than just clicking on a few monsters to turn 99. That's something else I would want in my new home as well.

Donations are fine, as long as it doesn't convert the server into Pay-2-Win.

Not a big fan of WoE, but I love a good MvP/PvM battle with friends.

- Rates: 10x - 50x
- Maximum Level / Job Level / Stats: Trans: 99/70/99
- Population range: 500 - 2000?
- Server geographical location: USA (East Coast)
- The main language of the server and any secondary languages you would like to see: English
- Customs, episodes, apsd, specific map, WoE time or other miscellaneous features: Pre-Renewal

If you folks have any suggestions to improve this post to help me get situated faster, please let me know!

Cheers!
Fluorite

There are only 2 large p.servers at the moment (500-200). TalonRO (7 years) or GGRO (last year). Then there are servers with decent population like AevaRO (newly opened) and LifeRO (last year) (200-500).

If you want a server with warper and multi-leveling. You can try TrueRO, it's renewal but the features that you're looking for are there. Good luck on finding a server.
solacero rip

OnceRO

Hey !! I thought I'd suggest OnceRO to you.

Quote from: Fluorite on Mar 31, 2015, 08:38 AM
We have a relatively medium sized community, so leveling should be easy. We've nerfed certain loots.. So perhaps zeny may be difficult to obtain but there are always parties and guilds out there to help you!

Quote from: Fluorite on Mar 31, 2015, 08:38 AMI don't mind doing quests, but it gets boring after you've done it 50 times for each server. Especially Abbey entrance quests. It's just not something I want to do again. I like the balanced feel of a low-midrate, so leveling up actually means something than just clicking on a few monsters to turn 99. That's something else I would want in my new home as well.
We're a mid-rate server with the rates 50x 50x 20x, so it'll take a while to level. But likewise mentioned before, there are also parties out there.

Quote from: Fluorite on Mar 31, 2015, 08:38 AMDonations are fine, as long as it doesn't convert the server into Pay-2-Win.
Many of the donations are costume based or to purchase items such as bubble gum.

Quote from: Fluorite on Mar 31, 2015, 08:38 AMNot a big fan of WoE, but I love a good MvP/PvM battle with friends.
/no1 we've recently started WoE, a lot of competition for MvP too.

Quote from: Fluorite on Mar 31, 2015, 08:38 AM- Rates: 10x - 50x  again, 50x 50x 20x :D
- Maximum Level / Job Level / Stats: Trans: 99/70/99 Yup, 99/70
- Population range: 500 - 2000? Average around.. 350~450, 500 on exciting days!
- Server geographical location: USA (East Coast) We're located in the West Coast. /sob
- The main language of the server and any secondary languages you would like to see: English /no1
Yup, we're pre-renewal. There aren't custom items. Episode 13.2! More can be found out on our forums / website!

Hopefully you'd join us!

Fluorite

Quote from: OnceRO on Apr 04, 2015, 09:33 PM
Hey !! I thought I'd suggest OnceRO to you.
We have a relatively medium sized community, so leveling should be easy. We've nerfed certain loots.. So perhaps zeny may be difficult to obtain but there are always parties and guilds out there to help you!
We're a mid-rate server with the rates 50x 50x 20x, so it'll take a while to level. But likewise mentioned before, there are also parties out there.
Many of the donations are costume based or to purchase items such as bubble gum.
/no1 we've recently started WoE, a lot of competition for MvP too.

Hopefully you'd join us!

Yep, already on your server. My thoughts so far:

The people in Prontera could be a little friendlier. I walked around trying to talk to people, but most of them didn't even respond. I'm still exploring the server. I love the music, artwork and all the efforts you've put in the server. It shows :) Love the placement of the NPCs and cleaning up unnecessary crap around.

Just hope you guys are able to maintain this and not change stuff too much to maintain 'balance'. Saw some negativity on the forums by players about the buffer/warper, etc. But that's the whole reason that server is setup that way! It's supposed to ease the grinding process and not be a pain in the butt..

Hopefully this turns into my new home :)

Thanks!
Fluorite ~

Noble

Hello, I am glad to introduce you Vivid-RO , our server seems to accomplish all the requirements you are expecting from a server.

Vivid RO is a soon to be open Mid-Rate and pre renewal server (40/40/30).
Our main aim is to build a well balanced and free of exploits server with real unique features.
We decided to keep the server with mid-low rates to keep it the most balanced as possible and, in the meantime, this can allow us to introduce new aspects for the "common" Ragnarok Online game play without the risk of falling in the "mindless grinding and pay to win". What I am referring to is the new features such as our unique leveling system, new events, re-renewal system, new maps and storylines and many others you can check at our forums: http://vivid-ro.com/forums/index.php?/topic/4-general-server-information/

what else?

- Vivid-RO has also an interesting background with a solid and friendly community, our GMs clearly work hard to keep the balance and frequently involve the players in some decisions.
- Donations are all available in game, via quest or in battleground.
- PvP and PvM are both considered equally important, that's why we decided to introduce "new" dungeons with unique drops and facilities for our Guilds and BG players
- For some extra fun and entertainment we have several mini games with the usual coin system, but we also offer new GM-hosted events both in game and on forums

You can find more detailed information about Vivid-Ro here: http://vivid-ro.com/forums
Feel free to PM me for any question