LF> Heavily Customized Mid rate

Started by RaptureRO, Mar 27, 2013, 11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RaptureRO

1.Must NOT follow this path of shame.
http://forum.ratemyserver.net/server-discussion/how-to-make-a-failed-ro-pserver/

2. Changelog is MANDATORY.

3. Highly limited or NO donation/voting cash shop system.

4. Custom CLASSES, GAMEPLAY and STYLE - this may be tough, but I would REALLY LIKE to play a server with custom classes. I know xray is dead and meruru quit the project or whatever but still I mean...that was 2009 . It's 2013, guys! There's got to be something! Gameplay also has to also feel a little different whether it be factions, races or something insanely crazy that's thrown into the mix. Lastly, style. The server has to have a feel of a mod or mod project, but not feel too crazy.

5. SOUL - the server has to feel alive. iRO these days keeps a logged in population of over 2200+, but everyone is sitting town semi-afk or mindlessly playing and ignoring everyone around them. No one cares about community anymore and what is an mmorpg without community, really?

6. Understandable (English) - The server population has to be understandable as I am a native of USA.

7. I said midrate because generally anything over 150 rates/levels/stats (btw you shouldn't have all three of those equal that would be bad) but somewhere around 120~150 in rates....I guess past servers I've played were mouRO, corrosive games, !UnlimitedRO, my own servers uhhhh MesaRO, Ether Chronicles...etc They're all very similar in style. EssenceRO was alright, but it's just old at this point + I've never got my accounts back from them after all these years so no. I have played countless other servers, but I'm just listing the ones I can think of in the past that might give an idea what I'm looking for NOW.

/no1

Astraeos

Hey RaptureRO,

Come check out DivinityRO, we're a 100x/100x/25x non-Renewal server. Path of shame? Well, we already dropped the ball on that one. Sorry. (jk)

We have changelogs posted on our forums in it's own section regularly as well as there are links to the changelogs in the server's patcher. Our donation shop is very balanced and we apply a headgear rotation where certain items can only be purchased for a short time and won't re-enter the rotation for a long time. Now, we don't have custom classes, but we have a have a highly customized interface with the game's command and convenience systems. From our restocking feature to our build manager and many other features to ease the tedious limitations of game play you may find on other servers. We have about 150 players on at any given time, ignoring WoE where even more players are active. Automated events happen about once every hour and a half. Battlegrounds is very active with usually at least 20 people on each team. Our server is an English server and our GMs are required to speak English as well as the server is based in California.

If you want to know anything else about the server you can look here: Server Information
If you have any questions about the server, feel free to PM me here or on our forums
You can also register for an in game account here at www.divinityro.com

Enjoy,
Astraeos

RaptureRO

Ooooh...someone knows how to write a wiki! I'll check it out, thanks. I think I've been there once before several years ago /hmm. I appreciate your reply. /no1

[EDIT] After a look at the changelog I was bothered by something that's kept me off the server:
"MvP Cards: Enabled in PvM and PvP settings. Disabled in WoE and BG.
Miniboss Cards: Enabled in all settings except for Angeling, Deviling, Ghostring and Arc-Angeling which are disabled on WoE and BG."

I can't imagine playing a server without any good neutral reduction(GR/DR) or mvp cards during WoE...bg MAYBE...but not WoE. Wouldn't that make champs and creators overpowered? Anyway...It may seem like a small complaint but it's a big enough one to me that I'd like to look elsewhere. I'll keep you in mind tho if nothing else pops up. /no1

Astraeos

Understandable, though our GvG meta is actually isn't really ruled by Champions and Creators. Lots of High Wizards and Snipers are also incorporated into it since a lot of players use 100% stun resist and low VIT to mitigate the damage from Acid Bomb. We appreciate the feedback as to what some players are looking for.

Good luck in your search.

RaptureRO

I looked around and it seems to be a popular addition and request so I don't blame you at this point. Maybe I'm just oldskool yo.

violet

hii check out www.tietra-ro.com although 99/70 mid rate. donations and voting stuffs is 80% same headgears foods usable items only no customized.

RaptureRO

TietraRO looks like a vanilla 99/70 woe server. Why did you post it here?  /hmm

violet

woe is still not activate atm. im still on polls if you/they dont like everyday woe we can talk about it. there's no problem if you suggest something. =)

Sarin

Well, the only server I can think of that gets close is Heavenly Maiden RO http://heavenlymaidenro.com/.

Server is non-renewal, max level 150/99, max stat 130, max ASPD 191, rates 20/20/20/50 for normal cards/10 for boss cards. Some skills have been adjusted so they won't be gamebreaking (like Asura now has 5 second fixed cast time, reduceable only by some modified items), but most important customization is done via items. It started as attempt to bring more variety to game by improving the useless items and cards snowballed into huge list so virtually every card and many items you'll come across are modfied, sometimes very significantly. Overall, it changes the game dynamics, and spawned many new builds...but it is surprisingly balanced and there's still plenty of room for discovering new and unusual builds and gears. I've seen there actually working and powerful unusual builds like crit/autocast hybrid SinX and Snipers, caster (via items) Paladins, and more...

Unfortunately right now the server has low population.

RaptureRO

so my guess is the general RO population doesn't like these servers then? I'm just an oddball  /sob. And uhhh, I thought HMRO was CasualRO O-o. guess not the same thing... /hmm

Sarin

Nope, not related to CasualRO in any way.

Yeah, apparently only a minority likes some overhaul of RO. I like it because renewal is screwed up so far, non-renewal is old and kinda has nothing new for me, and overall it's balanced for larger populations that is common for private servers.

Fruit Pie~

Quote from: violet on Apr 02, 2013, 10:58 AM
woe is still not activate atm. im still on polls if you/they dont like everyday woe we can talk about it. there's no problem if you suggest something. =)
You're missing his point by a country mile. ._. You may wish to invest in DEX or Mummy Cards for your posts.

Anyway, @Rapture, you're not alone in this (though the general RO population DOES hate these XD). I was going to recommend servers - MouRO is still alive, if barely, Essence is still terrible but fits what you want, Corrosive I couldn't even INSTALL but seems to fit perfectly... but you played all of those. The one custom server that I played and you didn't was CortezRO, which had almost completely modified cards (which inevitably changed the whole game around), but that's a Brazilian server so it might not be to your tastes. =P

Honest question about Heavenly Maiden RO : You buffed the GTB card, 100% for real? The change is hilarious and fits, but still, you buffed the GTB card, what the hell.

Sarin

GTB got a few minor other effects, like many cards have. The actual added effect is...well, hard to say if beneficial or harmful, as benefits are very low (low chance autocast mammonite and another low chance, doubtful effect autocast), and it adds toward autocast limit, and if you try to play autocast char (possible and effective there), you'll be needing that.

The "buff"doesn't really enhances the card.