LF> Classic Server

Started by zatiel, Apr 01, 2021, 12:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

zatiel

/gg

I'm a returnee, pretty old as many of us are already  /pif but still just looking to get back into a fun and simple RO experience I can turn back to every now and then.

I'll get straight to the point with bullet points of what I'm looking for:

• 99/50 non-trans, classic episodes (prefer for it to stay classic, but if it eventually progresses through episodes, I'll still consider it)
  • classic 2-1, 2-2 non-rebirth/trans classes; I'm okay if extended classes are available already
  • preferably low rates (3x++), to keep it interesting
  • preferably no multi-clienting (why play an "MMO" with just yourself? i hate 'power gaming')
  • limited / controlled / no auto-trading
  • NO DUNGEON WARPER
  • no pay2win, no donates (cosmetics ok), and please no "it's balanced" or "you can earn it in-game" if they have stats
  • I'm open to 'custom mechanics' if they seem decent or add additional things to do / variety in the experience --- however I hope the custom content doesn't transform the game into "custom gear = best gear"
  • preferably with decent population (e.g. at least 50 real non-multi clienting, non autorader population) --- more to show
  • not much preference on WoE / PVP / BG since I'm not much into that, I enjoy partying and planning for MVP raids

time to see if server owners still check RMS forums  /heh

Wosi2

Hi there.

Check out retRO online on the low rate list here on RMS:

https://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=21441&itv=6&url_sname=retRO%20Online

The only thing that dies not fit perfectly are the rates. They are 1/1/1

But it is Episode 5 with episodic skills, quests, Monster stats/ spawns and a official episodic release

Single client.

No donation what so ever, so no pay to win.

Controller auto trading. There is a display on the Website where you can see how many autotraders are online and a limited amount of game accounts per Person.

Yesterday evening (EU) there were 120 real players (single client without autotraders online) and a great community.

Come join us :)

distilled1

Quote from: zatiel on Apr 01, 2021, 12:21 PM
Spoiler
/gg

I'm a returnee, pretty old as many of us are already  /pif but still just looking to get back into a fun and simple RO experience I can turn back to every now and then.

I'll get straight to the point with bullet points of what I'm looking for:

• 99/50 non-trans, classic episodes (prefer for it to stay classic, but if it eventually progresses through episodes, I'll still consider it)
  • classic 2-1, 2-2 non-rebirth/trans classes; I'm okay if extended classes are available already
  • preferably low rates (3x++), to keep it interesting
  • preferably no multi-clienting (why play an "MMO" with just yourself? i hate 'power gaming')
  • limited / controlled / no auto-trading
  • NO DUNGEON WARPER
  • no pay2win, no donates (cosmetics ok), and please no "it's balanced" or "you can earn it in-game" if they have stats
  • I'm open to 'custom mechanics' if they seem decent or add additional things to do / variety in the experience --- however I hope the custom content doesn't transform the game into "custom gear = best gear"
  • preferably with decent population (e.g. at least 50 real non-multi clienting, non autorader population) --- more to show
  • not much preference on WoE / PVP / BG since I'm not much into that, I enjoy partying and planning for MVP raids

time to see if server owners still check RMS forums  /heh
[close]

Other than the 3x++ rates, and "non-trans" I'm pretty sure the Ragnarok Travels and RetRO servers fit all those points. (They will both eventually have transcendent classes, and are 1x rates.)
Both have more than 50 unique players from what I can tell, and steadily growing (More like anywhere from 60 to 100 unique players now).

RetRO is based in Europe, and Ragnarok Travels is based in North America.
RetRO has no donation system what so ever, and Travels has a donation system that rewards name changes, character slot swapping, hair style change including two exclusive hairstyles, alternate clothing dyes, headgear dyes (applicable to Mage Hat, Beanie, Drooping Cat, Deviruchi Hat, and Ribbon), and gender changes, while promising to never providing anything that gives players an advantage over others.

Both RetRO and Ragnarok Travels have an auto-trading custom feature.
On Travels, you can only have one game account per person, and on RetRO you can have three accounts per person but you can only be logged into one of them at a time.
Effectively this means that on RetRO, the "online character" count can include multiple characters who are owned by the same person because one person could have two auto-traders technically online while they're logged in on their third account actually playing. (The RetRO website clarifies how many of their total online count are auto-traders though).
On Travels, each "online character" count equals one real player because if you try to log in again on your one account, your auto-trader will get logged out.

On Ragnarok Travels, you must register for your one account by receiving a text message to your mobile phone as an extra step in preventing multi-clienting.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

zatiel

Quote from: Wosi2 on Apr 01, 2021, 02:00 PM
Hi there.

Check out retRO online on the low rate list here on RMS:

https://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=21441&itv=6&url_sname=retRO%20Online

The only thing that dies not fit perfectly are the rates. They are 1/1/1

But it is Episode 5 with episodic skills, quests, Monster stats/ spawns and a official episodic release

Single client.

No donation what so ever, so no pay to win.

Controller auto trading. There is a display on the Website where you can see how many autotraders are online and a limited amount of game accounts per Person.

Yesterday evening (EU) there were 120 real players (single client without autotraders online) and a great community.

Come join us :)

Thanks for letting me know about this! I'll check it out. TBH the 1x is a bit too much for me, it might be too much of a grind though, let's see.

Quote from: distilled1 on Apr 01, 2021, 03:37 PM
Other than the 3x++ rates, and "non-trans" I'm pretty sure the Ragnarok Travels and RetRO servers fit all those points. (They will both eventually have transcendent classes, and are 1x rates.)
Both have more than 50 unique players from what I can tell, and steadily growing (More like anywhere from 60 to 100 unique players now).

RetRO is based in Europe, and Ragnarok Travels is based in North America.
RetRO has no donation system what so ever, and Travels has a donation system that rewards name changes, character slot swapping, hair style change including two exclusive hairstyles, alternate clothing dyes, headgear dyes (applicable to Mage Hat, Beanie, Drooping Cat, Deviruchi Hat, and Ribbon), and gender changes, while promising to never providing anything that gives players an advantage over others.

Both RetRO and Ragnarok Travels have an auto-trading custom feature.
On Travels, you can only have one game account per person, and on RetRO you can have three accounts per person but you can only be logged into one of them at a time.
Effectively this means that on RetRO, the "online character" count can include multiple characters who are owned by the same person because one person could have two auto-traders technically online while they're logged in on their third account actually playing. (The RetRO website clarifies how many of their total online count are auto-traders though).
On Travels, each "online character" count equals one real player because if you try to log in again on your one account, your auto-trader will get logged out.

On Ragnarok Travels, you must register for your one account by receiving a text message to your mobile phone as an extra step in preventing multi-clienting.

Cool I'll check both out. Again yeah the 1x is a bit toooo slow imo, but let's see.

Imperial Regalia

Edit: Not relevant. Sentence char limit.

neethree

Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Apr 02, 2021, 01:35 PM
we are the only low rate server with a true multi-clienting ban. Similar servers allow multiple accounts per player, double count venders, and allow shared guild accounts full of support characters.

Really misleading statements here! RetRO has a strict multi-clienting ban and is single client only.  It sounds like you've bought into rumours - it seems scary to read "multiple accounts" or "shared accounts" so let me clear things up.

"Multiple Accounts" means you can have up to 3 game accounts, but you can only ever log in one at a time. This allows you to set an autotrader on a sub-account and then play your main, or to have a character of the opposite gender with seperate male/female accounts. Other than that there's no functional difference to only having one account.

Shared guild accounts full of support characters is entirely untrue. Guilds may request, if they meet the criteria, one shared account for an alchemist/blacksmith ONLY, so that guild members may have access to a communal brewer/forger. Again, this can't be multi-cliented.  It's just a safer alternative to giving your guildies your personal account details to use the brewer and risking getting all your gear stolen :)
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

Imperial Regalia

Edit: Not relevant. Sentence char limit.

zatiel

Thanks for the replies so far. For RetRO and Travels, unfortunately I'm really not feeling the "1x" rates, since I won't have much time to really progress.

Any other suggestions?

Playtester

I will say that in my opinion RetRO is still your best option, even if you think 1x rates are a bit low. They aren't too many successful RO servers anymore after all, so gotta be a bit less picky.

But if you really insist on higher rates, the only classic server I know that even looks remotely well-done is "2004 Classic Ragnarok", the Singaporean classic server: https://classicro.net/?module=main&action=info

If you look at it in detail, it isn't really true "classic". Like all monster stats and skill behaviors are straight from 13.2 pre-renewal emulator state. But they did remove trans jobs and extended classes, so it's "kinda" classic.

Cajuzzinho

Hello zatiel.

If you are interested in a more PvM-centered experience and accept a lower-population server (~30 unique players at same time peak) I can recommend my server CardCaptorRO.

We have a unique feature where all cards that you collect goes to your "album" instead of your inventory, giving a permanent account-wide small bonus for each card collected.
So it's a server focused on eventually grinding every mob in RO to reach end-game stats. Check video

We are pre-re "classic", have rates and QoL that somewhat match your criteria, with Gepard-shield to block botting and multi-client in a single PC (but allow multiple PCs to connect from same IP).

Our new Season is starting tomorrow, so a lot of players will be starting fresh if you join now!

Take a look at our website if you're interested (http://cc-ro.com).
You may also chat with us in our Discord channel for more info.

zatiel

Quote from: Playtester on Apr 04, 2021, 09:12 AM
I will say that in my opinion RetRO is still your best option, even if you think 1x rates are a bit low. They aren't too many successful RO servers anymore after all, so gotta be a bit less picky.

But if you really insist on higher rates, the only classic server I know that even looks remotely well-done is "2004 Classic Ragnarok", the Singaporean classic server: https://classicro.net/?module=main&action=info

If you look at it in detail, it isn't really true "classic". Like all monster stats and skill behaviors are straight from 13.2 pre-renewal emulator state. But they did remove trans jobs and extended classes, so it's "kinda" classic.

Oh I haven't checked this one in detail. Would you be able to share more about the state of that server?

Quote from: Cajuzzinho on Apr 04, 2021, 10:09 AM
Hello zatiel.

If you are interested in a more PvM-centered experience and accept a lower-population server (~30 unique players at same time peak) I can recommend my server CardCaptorRO.

We have a unique feature where all cards that you collect goes to your "album" instead of your inventory, giving a permanent account-wide small bonus for each card collected.
So it's a server focused on eventually grinding every mob in RO to reach end-game stats. Check video

We are pre-re "classic", have rates and QoL that somewhat match your criteria, with Gepard-shield to block botting and multi-client in a single PC (but allow multiple PCs to connect from same IP).

Our new Season is starting tomorrow, so a lot of players will be starting fresh if you join now!

Take a look at our website if you're interested (http://cc-ro.com).
You may also chat with us in our Discord channel for more info.

I'll check it out, but I'm not so sure I'm sold on having all card buffs registering permanently  /hmm