LF> classic 99/50

Started by pajoder, Dec 13, 2020, 03:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

pajoder

LF> classic 99/50 with bg active.
Any rates.

dartlr

I'm at DragonRO. It's hosted in the Philippines, but BG is pretty active. Give it a try :)

Axis~

Hi Pajoder,

Project Freya just opened yesterday with 3x/3x/3x rates. We offer custom Classes such as Kafra which is available now with our custom Episode 1. Also made super novice can wear bow! You may try hunter using dual dagger with warg. Check out our website for more http://project-freya.com/

Imperial Regalia

Edit: Not relevant. Sentence char limit.

Bullet

Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Dec 20, 2020, 09:27 PM
You may be interested in Ragnarok Travels. With the exception of BG we meet your criteria. Our twist is that unlike the vast majority of servers out there, we have a ban on multi-clienting and an episodic release schedule. On top of that Ragnarok Travels strives to be the most pure rendition of Ragnarok Online ever offered, and we believe that this strict traditionalism is ironically refreshing and new for many players.

Ragnarok Travels avoids many of the common pitfalls that other low rate private servers may have. It features official mechanics, official rates, no donation gear, and as mentioned an episodic release schedule (from Episode 5) that allows you to experience the progression of the game.

English is our official language, and our server location is North America. We will never implement renewal. For more information about how the journey has been lost:

http://www.ragnaroktravels.com
most probably the only "official" server hosted privately. The x1 rate is a real pain but brought back all the memories and nostalgic. dont play alone, find a friend and party out.
the community on discord was very good. but there is a hidden dangerous toxic scum lying around, careful whom you friend with.

definitely should've put up a clear notice and description of what "we have a ban on multi-clienting" meant.
i play with my bro at home (2 different PCs- obviously). and unable to login one day, said incorrect password and went to discord just to find out that i had been caught "dual clienting".
had no idea siblings cant play from same home or network. never got clarification and admin went silent. i never knew what happened and just stopped playing (not that i have account to play with anymore anyway  /heh.

i definitely enjoyed my time here while it lasts. stay away if youre going to play with people from same network. some mysterious dual client rule will haunt you!

Bullet

Quote from: pajoder on Dec 13, 2020, 03:37 PM
LF> classic 99/50 with bg active.
Any rates.
please share if you found any. im looking for stable classic 99/50 as well :)
there isn't any that i like, even if there is, it doesn't like me. just like my love life  /sob

Axis~

Quote from: Bullet on Dec 25, 2020, 03:09 AM
please share if you found any. im looking for stable classic 99/50 as well :)
there isn't any that i like, even if there is, it doesn't like me. just like my love life  /sob

Give us a try, someone was reading this thread and tried our server. Now he can't stop playing :)
www.project-freya.com

distilled1

Quote from: Bullet on Dec 25, 2020, 03:07 AM
most probably the only "official" server hosted privately. The x1 rate is a real pain but brought back all the memories and nostalgic. dont play alone, find a friend and party out.
the community on discord was very good. but there is a hidden dangerous toxic scum lying around, careful whom you friend with.

definitely should've put up a clear notice and description of what "we have a ban on multi-clienting" meant.
i play with my bro at home (2 different PCs- obviously). and unable to login one day, said incorrect password and went to discord just to find out that i had been caught "dual clienting".
had no idea siblings cant play from same home or network. never got clarification and admin went silent. i never knew what happened and just stopped playing (not that i have account to play with anymore anyway  /heh.

i definitely enjoyed my time here while it lasts. stay away if youre going to play with people from same network. some mysterious dual client rule will haunt you!

Damn.. If you were just trying to play with a sibling on the same network and got banned for multi-clienting, I'm really sorry to hear that.
I thought Ragnarok Travels had some kind of white-listing option for people who want to play from the same IP address, although now that I'm looking on the website and discord, I can't really see any info about white-listing.
So you contacted the GM about your ban? No response, or what?
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Bullet

Quote from: distilled1 on Dec 25, 2020, 03:27 PM
Damn.. If you were just trying to play with a sibling on the same network and got banned for multi-clienting, I'm really sorry to hear that.
I thought Ragnarok Travels had some kind of white-listing option for people who want to play from the same IP address, although now that I'm looking on the website and discord, I can't really see any info about white-listing.
So you contacted the GM about your ban? No response, or what?
Tried logging in, incorrect password error.
Messaged admin in discord. Not exact excerpt but something along this line.
Me:hi, unable to login, says incorrect password. We played rise of valhalla recently before quiting and returning. Used same Id and password. Not sure if hacked.
Admin:oh you were caught dual clienting.
Me: sorry, i did had tried using dual clients but not possible. 2nd client won't open and we play with different PCs
Admin: who are "we" give me some details.
Me: i play with my bro, same with different PCs. He's not interested to play. Mostly auto follows and buffs with my aco and I play his mage when were solo as Hes not patient for low rate. Definitely not dual client or afk leech.

I was also about to offer our workplace setup and video of us playing, but since no response and my bro is losing interest ive stopped waiting for response. The last time I remember was we were partying hard at soils and I think one of them was very sour and reported. I'm guessing only and have no idea if thats what really happened and who is it. We duo solo'ed before this nothing happened.

Latency was already minor issue connecting from malaysia, wasted that exitlag subscription /heh
Barely manged to convince hm back during the temporary painful week of misssing visibility of monster and npc sprites bug. Added a wrong skill point on monk to be aco during the desync week. I've no intention of begging.
Lost the will to play and I'm not the kind who likes begging.

You will enjoy Ro travels as long as don't play with people from same network and careful with whom you party with.

Imperial Regalia

Quote from: Bullet on Dec 26, 2020, 04:06 AM
Tried logging in, incorrect password error.
Messaged admin in discord. Not exact excerpt but something along this line.
Me:hi, unable to login, says incorrect password. We played rise of valhalla recently before quiting and returning. Used same Id and password. Not sure if hacked.
Admin:oh you were caught dual clienting.
Me: sorry, i did had tried using dual clients but not possible. 2nd client won't open and we play with different PCs
Admin: who are "we" give me some details.
Me: i play with my bro, same with different PCs. He's not interested to play. Mostly auto follows and buffs with my aco and I play his mage when were solo as Hes not patient for low rate. Definitely not dual client or afk leech.

I was also about to offer our workplace setup and video of us playing, but since no response and my bro is losing interest ive stopped waiting for response. The last time I remember was we were partying hard at soils and I think one of them was very sour and reported. I'm guessing only and have no idea if thats what really happened and who is it. We duo solo'ed before this nothing happened.

Latency was already minor issue connecting from malaysia, wasted that exitlag subscription /heh
Barely manged to convince hm back during the temporary painful week of misssing visibility of monster and npc sprites bug. Added a wrong skill point on monk to be aco during the desync week. I've no intention of begging.
Lost the will to play and I'm not the kind who likes begging.

You will enjoy Ro travels as long as don't play with people from same network and careful with whom you party with.
Someone said you have 3 accounts.

I don't mind revisiting anything, so you're free to contact me if you want to verify your story.

distilled1

Quote from: Bullet on Dec 26, 2020, 04:06 AM
i play with my bro, same with different PCs. He's not interested to play. Mostly auto follows and buffs with my aco and I play his mage when were solo as Hes not patient for low rate. Definitely not dual client or afk leech.

That alone seems really suspicious to me. Sounds like someone trying to get away with dual-clienting and auto-following themselves, but trying to cover it up as their brother auto-following them. It should have been obvious that those actions alone would cause an issue on a server where people dislike dual-clienting and want each character to feel like a real person.

But now to have the GM saying you had multiple accounts with similar names and identical passwords? I'm sorry but I just don't think I can believe your story, Bullet.
So many people try to get around the dual-clienting rule, and this sounds like one of those cases.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Bullet

Quote from: distilled1 on Dec 26, 2020, 12:49 PM
That alone seems really suspicious to me. Sounds like someone trying to get away with dual-clienting and auto-following themselves, but trying to cover it up as their brother auto-following them. It should have been obvious that those actions alone would cause an issue on a server where people dislike dual-clienting and want each character to feel like a real person.

But now to have the GM saying you had multiple accounts with similar names and identical passwords? I'm sorry but I just don't think I can believe your story, Bullet.
So many people try to get around the dual-clienting rule, and this sounds like one of those cases.
to @everyone, sorry for dragging the topic title astray, this is my last comment on the offtopic

to @whoever concerned,
I've no intention to bring this up (sorry if sounds like a rant or complain), I was just trying to provide a note of good alternative classic x1 option with possible issues (at least from my experience).

and my final comment on Ragnarok Travels "banning?" accounts unilaterally.(i never got any concrete reply from the admin from the private discord exchange, what exactly happened, looks like a ban without actually stating that)
1.  there is no rule stating 1 account per person anywhere in RO travels.
in fact this is the except all I can find on the page,
QuoteMost Low-rate Private Servers are Terrible
Virtually every low-rate server out there suffers from one of the following problems, which all drastically impact the intended play experience and modify game balance:
Multi-clienting - ruins the game for players who do not partake, harms class diversity by reducing the incidence of support players, provides absurdly fast leveling to classes that were designed around having access to buffs only when sharing exp, and drastically reduces incentive to party. We're bringing the collaborative aspect of Ragnarok Online back kicking and screaming. Ragnarok Online was never intended to be a game where players solo in isolation with a bunch of clients controlling 3-4 slaves. At Ragnarok Travels, we will free the slaves. We pride ourselves on a complete and total multi-clienting ban.
2.I've already re-iterated, my bro is NOT interested with grinding. He's freelancer and I'm a perm accountant WFH. I'm making these accounts and workstation setup on his behalf since i can afford the time to convince him trying this for casual play.
3.Go look into support section of your discord, i've made request how to play this server via ubuntu or cinnamon before we even started, i was trying to get it work on his laptop before actually finding another old PC with windows. (doesnt actually proof 2 humans playing, but this was the purpose.)
4.I actually don't want to do this, but I have to respond this unorganized smearing campaign. and im going to dissect it by how your rules & regulation framework is setup, how you're enforcing it and importantly, how you are going around with (non)communication on this.

Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Dec 26, 2020, 05:22 AM
I haven't gotten a message from you,
so I assuming this is concerning the original interaction.
I made initial complain in support section of the discord. No replies in the support section came from admin, a kind player informed me he would refer to admin.
and Admin opened a private chat (i believe admin got notice from the player?). And so, yes you did receive my following messages, and the communication stopped at your court without further reply. Do you mean you were expecting a new message in another channel besides the ongoing interaction via Discord privately? Sorry I do not know what other channel or forum out there is.

As you know, the purpose of account verification is such that there is only one account per person.
I dont see such regulations/ purpose/ prohibitions during the registration or anywhere in the forum or the web.

My initial investigation into this revealed that there are three accounts associated with you (Bullet, Bullet2, and one account I will keep confidential as it differs from your forum handle) and they all have the same password hash, meaning all three have identical passwords. One was registered with an IP from the United States, one with an IP from Malayasia, and one with an IP from Singapore.
Two of these three accounts have game accounts and the game accounts also have identical passwords according to the hashes.
Thanks for pointing this out only now. since this did not come up during our private messages, in fact, it was only me who declared it to you of all of this ID's to you. I've infact have mentioned these IDs and passwords being same on the other private server I played before it closed down, Rise of Valhalla. and worried if my accounts here got compromised when I returned for the louyang update. this come a little less of non revelation.

And, as you mentioned, the characters on one account spend time autofollowing and buffing the characters on the other account.
I should've made a little more elaboration here, auto-follow here is frequent "shift+right click", not third party software. I think there was an upset swordie with this during the last soil party. there is another human being behind that PC playing games and minding his own stuffs behind.

As you can see, thoughout this episode, I never really get what was the violation?
dual-client? it never was. two organic human being playing from same the same room & wifi from different PC's. please go back to your site and describe dual-client includes multiple account creation with same username variation and password. cream it with "no right click+shift" autofollow allowed. always follow 2 cells away.

All I see is extensive assumption,
That alone seems really suspicious to me. Sounds like someone trying to get away with dual-clienting and auto-following themselves, but trying to cover it up as their brother auto-following them.

more speculation,
It should have been obvious that those actions alone would cause an issue on a server where people dislike dual-clienting and want each character to feel like a real person.

finally, concluding based solely on personal opinion without concrete investigation.

You have no idea how it is to be on the receiving end of when you try to make your disinterested buddy to play with, all along the low ping rate and what felt like week long desync issue. Just to see you being "banned" especially with ZERO communication why this is happening.
I'm sorry that I'm not a beggar to request for consideration. I waited for admin reply and wanted to offer a private video clip of our workstation setup and playing, but with ZERO communication forthcoming over ambiguous rules and enforcement. On top of already cutting access to play, I dont see that opportunity coming.

I don't mind revisiting anything, so you're free to contact me if you want to verify your story.
1. connection was still not smooth with exitlag. playable but not worth given current circumstances of your administration.
2. i can no longer convince my bro to return.
3. primarily interested due to fresh server, would've been able to keep up with population progress with my casual gaming. once im not in touch and feel behind progress among population, im done.
4. i've upped a wrong skill point on my aco, neither do i have the time nor can convince my bro to help me re-start my aco /swt
5. x1 rate definitely brought back memories but the reality hit me late, the reality check of the arduous grinding and time for character growth.

but, all above reasons is outside and beyond your control,

6. radical enforcement especially with lack of communication posed imminent risks of future occurrences. this is the final straw that broke our interest to continue.

Bullet

sorry, forgot to add on that wall of text, promise- this is the last  /heh

stop accusing me of dual client. proof that and make your claim. i know dual client will need adjustment of game client and only we know that never happened. its your server and your call how and whoever you want to ban (or whatever you want to do). I respect that and I've left silently believing in that. I actually promoted your server here with a salt of caution, not a complain and would've like it to still stay that way.

I had a good nostalgic fun run, despite being a short one and leaving with a closed eye on the shortcomings without giving a poor review on RMS.
dont push me with your speculative and unfounded stories of violation on imaginary prohibitions with perverted definition of "dual-client".
And no, im never coming back, no exp manuals, unbans, skill resets, apologies, dunkin donuts, or remodelling the payon old town as how classic RO is supposed to be etc. is going to convince me.
thanks for the time, sorry for the harsh words, im done. wish you, your server and dearest friends i made good luck.
(well wishes not applicable to the toxic scum who reported us).