LF-> Something out of the ordinary

Started by Nako, Oct 25, 2020, 10:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nako

I'll cut to the chase. I want custom stuff. Custom maps, custom mobs, exclusive stuff, you name it. However, I don't want some super high rate stuff where I've got six billion damage and a deck of MVP cards in a day. I've already got a "normal" RO server I play. I want something to toy around with. I'm not really too big on WoE since I don't have time to be competitive.

NON RENEWAL ONLY this is the only part where I am not flexible. Pre-renewal mechanics with 3rd classes is fine. Transcendent only is fine. Everyone is a novice with a gun and a peco is fine. No renewal maps/mechanics though, completely kills it for me.

Rates- Ideally 10x-30x, but I'd be okay with something a bit higher if it's got a lot of content to offer. I'll set hard max at 100/100/50.
Server location- North America, English primary language.
Features- Custom maps/mobs. I've seen servers with over 50 custom maps and dozens of custom enemies thrown in. Mixing it up a little. Most of the other stuff like job changers and platinum skill NPC help take the edge off, but I figure most servers looking to customize will have QoL.

Things to avoid- 10x is my hard limit on low end. I can't play eight hours a day anymore. Not really too big on PvP lately because of that.

Anything out there that fits? I saw some stuff on server search but I'd like to hear a more detailed account of custom stuff from players or GMs.

Gelidus

I would recommend Asgard Legend, it is a revamp of the classic RO. Every skill set is modified, they even added new skills to most jobs. Also, they modified the way you progress on your character: you no longer have to reborn, for example. Just check it out, at their discord channel if possible (website is under maintenance).

heRO-GM

Hello there! Have you considered checking out heRO? We're a pre-renewal server which just turned 15 years old.

More Info On RMS
Main Website
Forum
Wiki
Download Links
Register an Account
Discord Server

QuoteNON RENEWAL ONLY this is the only part where I am not flexible. Pre-renewal mechanics with 3rd classes is fine. Transcendent only is fine. Everyone is a novice with a gun and a peco is fine. No renewal maps/mechanics though, completely kills it for me.

HeRO is pre-renewal. We do have renewal content fitted for pre-renewal mechanics, such as Splendide, Manuk, and Malangdo. We take great care that every release is well-balanced and feels just like the official game, as if RO never went the route of renewal.

QuoteRates- Ideally 10x-30x, but I'd be okay with something a bit higher if it's got a lot of content to offer. I'll set hard max at 100/100/50.

HeRO's rates are 5/5/3 but that doesn't necessarily mean getting to level 75 or so will take days. We have many quests and content such as the daily Healer Quest, Brasilis' Puppies Quest, and Mischievous Fairy Kids that help alleviate the pains of low leveling, as well as a variety of areas so that it doesn't get repetitive leveling in the same spot.

Non-MVP card drop rates are 0.05% instead of 0.03%, but Old Card Albums are rewarded from GM-hosted events fairly commonly which can help move the economy.

QuoteServer location- North America, English primary language.

HeRO's main language is English and the server is located in Montreal Canada. To play the game, it is required to know enough English to communicate.

QuoteFeatures- Custom maps/mobs. I've seen servers with over 50 custom maps and dozens of custom enemies thrown in. Mixing it up a little. Most of the other stuff like job changers and platinum skill NPC help take the edge off, but I figure most servers looking to customize will have QoL.

As far as Quality of Life goes, we have plenty. Healer and resetter provide their services for free until around Lv 50. We have a Warper system, which requires you to reach the town or dungeon to first unlock them by paying a fee (Note: Dungeon warps are only to the entrance). We also have a job changer in Prontera, but if you prefer doing the job quests, you will be rewarded for your efforts. As of a month or two ago, Super Novices can now job change at Lv 15 instead of Lv 45 so that you don't have to mindlessly autoattack mobs for 30+ levels.

As far as gears go, we also have custom gear sets that improve less-than stellar builds such as double dagger assassin, auto-blitz hunter, etc.

HeRO has 2 massive custom regions, all of which are carefully crafted and feel like part of the official game, as claimed by our own players. The Lutia region lies beyond Lutie, with 15+ maps, unique items, quests, headgears and over a dozen monsters monsters. The Faeheim region is home to the Fairies of Midgard, a colorful land with over 12 maps, unique monsters and gears and an expansive lore.

Other features you may be interested in: Automated events, Mr. Hatter (Short quest/game to obtain certain random headgears), Light vs Dark system with monthly GM-hosted events, many customized pets with unique loyalty bonuses, Mining and Fishing for special rocks and fish healing consumables.

If you're interested in any of these, stop by and give us a try! We have one of the friendliest communities around who are always available to answer questions or help out!

heRO is a friendly, sociable, unique and fun server of 5/5/3 rates with a great community, give it a try!

Click here to find out more about heRO!

Jorunn

Hello! Have you heard about Rise of Valhalla?

We have some skill balances and some custom features really nice to try.

Pre-Trascendental - 5x/5x/3x - 99/50

Website | Forum | Discord | Wiki

We just opened yesterday.

Nako

Thanks for the suggestions. Couldn't find anything on Asgard Legend though.

I'll put HeRO on the list to check out. 5/5/3 definitely comes in under my limit but with custom content and late episodes I know leveling is much less of an issue. A server that old makes me wonder if there's people I know from 15 years ago floating around.

Rise of Valhalla definitely has some neat skill balances there, but it looks really WoE focused and 5/5/3 rates on Juno update is exactly the kind of grind I can't handle for a second server. Thanks and good luck though.

Pandora

On heRO we temporarily upped the rates to 6/6/4 (from 5/5/3) until Christmas, granted it's not a huge difference, but it's slightly faster. Ask on @main or discord and there will usually be players willing to party with their low level alts, to provide tank or to help in various ways.

We have custom areas that are designed for early level characters, such as Neko Island (level 30s) and Poring Island (level 40s). We also have starting gears that are good for the levels under 30.

If you need help in recovering your old account(s) just let me know. See you around!  /ok
[color=darkblue]heRO is a great friendly, pre-renweal, unique and fun server with a great community, give it a try![/color]

[color=darkblue]Click here to find out more about heRO![/color]

Krumpus

Heia Nako!

When I've read the header "something out of the ordinary", I immediately had in my mind EinherjarRO. If you are looking for some custom stuff, oh damn, thats a place to go.

Dont worry it is said to be x3 server, mainly leveling is MUCH faster due to very generous bounty board, exp tomes and other factors (like runes that you can engrave and equip). Your first character might take a while to level and explore all new features (11 new end-game classes? cmon :D ), but as you said you already have a "normal" server you play, so this will be your place to toy around and try some new and spicy stuff. You can login daily to get 1hour buff for exp/drop, have some fun, and then come back next or any other day. Dont forget during weekends server is x7-x8 (+ daily buff up to 50% exp, exp tome 50% exp, inn buff 10%, runes up to 50%, so ending up as x15-x20). EinherjarRO is 99/70 server based on pre-renewal with lots of custom re balanced features.

Community is rather small but active, extremely friendly and always welcoming. Here I drop some links for you to check:

Website (just to navigate between WIKI and Control Panel): http://home.projecteinherjar.com/
Register (Control Panel): http://home.projecteinherjar.com/fluxcp/?module=account&action=create
WIKI (most of custom features explained here): http://home.projecteinherjar.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page
Discord (very recommended if you wanna dig more info or need help): https://discord.gg/ytB4DRGXYp

I have seen people on YT been trying Einherjar and sharing their experience, that what I have found myself:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCtpPPgYBWE
https://youtu.be/E_347a1-hA0
https://youtu.be/6Jcv5Y3bKrM

Hit me up on discord if you need anything (Freja)

Cheers!

candalas

You should absolutely check Project Einherjar. Its a 99/70 server with a lot of new features that blend in with RO very very well.

There are 5 new 1-1 jobs, each with their 2-1 and 2-2 + trans jobs. There is also a new expanded class too. Also a few more jobs are on the making. Possibly 2-3 jobs might also be coming, along with their trans classes as well.

Besides that there are several features like mining, new maps, new mobs with well made cards, enchants, quests and events.
Some things about the game have been changed slightly, like how DEF/MDEF and resistances, so its easier to get to an amount that will actually protect you, but you also wont get to those insane amounts of damage reduction that make all the damage you receive pointless.

The idea is to create what RO renewal should have been, by expanding RO in its mechanics and lore, instead of just adding powercreep.

There is some renewal content being added slowly, but its carefully selected and balanced so to not cause mistakes.

The server owner is actually pretty well known among other RO developers, and i think he also worked in rathena or something like that.

Anyway, some of the things that might take you away from this server tho is that there arent a lot of people playing it yet, so you cant be expecting to come in and have a very well developed and active economy, or to have big GvG or PvP battles anytime too soon. But trust me, there is more than enough to be done.
Its also still in development in a lot of ways, but its an amazing experience in my opinion. I was actually just about to quit playing RO about two years ago when i found out about this server, and been here now since then.

You can join the discord server:
https://discord.gg/7jmTzsM2

This is the server's website.
http://home.projecteinherjar.com/

And the wiki:
http://home.projecteinherjar.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Here is my Dragoon job character. Its a 2-2 job that stems out from the new spearman job.