LF > HR/SHR server with easy player customization?

Started by haririn, Jun 03, 2019, 11:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

haririn

Hello! As the title suggests I'm looking for servers where it's relatively easy to dress up your chara, and where hats/costumes aren't too stress-free to obtain (not locked behind donations, can grind zeny easily to buy them, etc). I love RO but I'm more on the casual side; the main thing I really want to do is to try out different charas and dress them up, because RO has always been a make-cute-characters-simulator for me. /heh

- Pre-re or renewal is ok! If renewal, can use the jRO alt costumes for 3rd
- Lots of hairstyles (though I think most servers have custom ones anyway?)
- Site preferably has an item DB that makes it easier to browse/look up items outside the game
- Not p2w
- I'm personally not too fond of the giant wing-type costumes, so I can do without those
- Headgear to costume converter: not a must, but would be nice

I hope these aren't too weird oops I just want to run around with cute characters ;v; Thanks for reading!

Perry the Platypus

Hi! It sounds like AnomalyRO might be a good fit for what you're looking for. :D

We're a Pre-Renewal super high rate (max level 500/200), though the gameplay is a bit closer to a mid-high rate, as we've tried to give the server a more "traditional" feel than what you'd typically find in a modern SHR.

We currently have 49 female / 40 male hairstyles (we'll be adding more later as well), and we have a fully custom set of hair palettes that allows you to set the colour of any accessories (hairtie, etc) separately. There's a total of 181 hair colours and 27 accessory colours, for a total of 4,887 combinations! (Don't worry, you select the accessory through a separate menu, so you don't need to click through all 4,887 of them.)

The server is not, and never will be, pay to win. All donation items are purely for cosmetics or convenience and never give a competitive advantage over other players. Of course, if you prefer the looks of some donation headgears, you're always free to trade with other players if you'd prefer not to spend real money on them.

As far as the actual headgear selection, there are a few larger headgears, though we try not to add anything too big, so the vast majority of what you'll see isn't very bulky. With recoloured versions included there's currently 1,655 headgears available, all with the same effects so you can choose based on what you think looks best without worrying about which is the strongest. We add new headgears fairly regularly as well and try to cover as many different styles as possible!

Headgears can be obtained via multiple methods, with each shop having its own selection. Newbies usually opt for Zeny or quest headgears (the headgear quests take roughly 30-60 minutes each), while the better looking headgears are typically found in the Battlegrounds and Donation Shops.

We don't have a costume converter, though with all headgears having the same effects (build variety comes from headgear enchantments instead), costumes aren't really necessary.

And lastly, to cover looking up items/headgears outside of the game:
-Item Database for looking up general item info
-Headgear Database for searching and previewing all available headgears
-Custom web-based sprite renderer for creating a character sprite, fully animated!
-Our wiki includes previews of most of our headgears, with a list of those pages here

Of course, I've focused entirely on the cosmetics side of things here but we do have a lot more to offer! We have plenty of PvM content and plans to add a lot more in the near future, and we're always looking for ways to update the server with new content or quality of life changes. This post is getting a little bit long already, so I'd recommend checking out our website & wiki for more information about the server.

If you have any questions about the server, or if you have some suggestions/feedback after trying it out, please feel free to PM me on our forums! Hope to see you around soon!

haririn

Quote from: Perry the Platypus on Jun 04, 2019, 09:43 AM
Hi! It sounds like AnomalyRO might be a good fit for what you're looking for. :D

If you have any questions about the server, or if you have some suggestions/feedback after trying it out, please feel free to PM me on our forums! Hope to see you around soon!

Hi there, thanks for the super detailed req! Checked the server out for myself and it is pretty close to what I'm looking for~ I didn't look through the BG and donation hats at first and was under the impression that the (kRO) hats I was used to were maybe not very popular? not implemented? there but it turns out everything I was looking for fell under those categories in the kRO customs loloops.

The site tools are pretty nifty though, I like them a lot and they're very useful!  /lv Haven't gotten to trying it myself since I haven't done much in-game yet but I think the hat color change feature is really cool too~ And thank you very much for that hair color guide, I was looking for one in the site and forums (as well as one for clothes color) but couldn't seem to find it.

I guess the only downside for me is that BG seems to a be a big part of the game and where a lot of the hats I like are lol, since I was never a PvP person myself aha (though I haven't touched HR/SHR rates in forever and I'm not sure if those are more PvP oriented or not.) I do like what I've seen and experienced so far though, so I'll  be hopping around a bit more  /ok thanks again!

expletive773

I mean if you really just want to test out hats, you can do that on my weird server where all costumes are free and there are absolutely no donations.

It's a Renewal server with jRO sprites that isn't locked down behind anything, but it's just technically treated like a semi-test server since everything is too easy to obtain.

http://forum.ratemyserver.net/high-rate/ragnarok-wintermoon-17560-renewal-3rd-class-with-no-donations/

Just don't stay for too long or you'll go insane.