Bunch of oldschool RO players LF Lowrate server, no anti-cheat.

Started by Reyna, Jan 06, 2021, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sccmindgames

hey reyna, were a new server but i think we have what you're looking for. it is a 255/99 low rate server and it has gepard 3.0 but we allow ahk and things of the sort. if u want to check it out heres the link we don't have any custom towns, but we are very custom in a sense.
https://mirairagnarok.online/?module=pages&action=content&path=Information

Reyna

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, as our group mostly exists out of people with fulltime jobs/RL responsibilities we really didn't want to go lower than 10x10x10, but your suggestions will certainly be great as future reference for like-minded folks  /heh

For anyone interested, our group has settled on MyRO for now, ( https://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=21445&itv=6&url_sname=MyRO ), as it's very new and hits a lot of our boxes! If we end up homeless again I'll be sure to check any of the other suggestions!
Nothing is Completely Useless

Reyna

Can we keep this topic for actual server recommendations etc? I am pretty sure I saw other threads dedicated to this drama already  /hmm Quite frankly I don't care.

Reyna

Update: MyRO added Gepard Shield, didn't enable emulation of mouse and keyboard but Gepard still will kick you out randomly within 2-20 minutes with a 'hacking detected' error message. Just wanted to add this for any server owners thinking they can accommodate players such as myself by allowing emulation. Cause using Gepard Shield at all just means a "No thanks" to anyone that cannot use M+K. Tried multiple programs and anything you can think of but nope.

I still want to thank the Admin from MyRO as he tried to make it so I could play, but it's simply a no go.  /sob I understand obviously why using Gepard is a thing, so no need to educate me about it. I've always been a 100% honest player and even after my arm got messed up I never did more than 1 action, 1 button in Xpadder. Cheating sucks.

Honestly me and my friends are looking into making our own private server mostly for personal use so we actually can reliably play together  /pif, though any upcoming servers with rates at or above 10x10x10 + warper,job changer etc will be gladly looked into!

distilled1

Sorry to hear about that, Reyna.
Gepard Shield is like a one size fits all solution to protecting against cheaters, but it doesn't seem to accommodate for special exceptions, eh?
I still think you ought to give Ragnarok Travels a look. People who want to play with their siblings, friends, or partners who share the same IP can get whitelisted by contacting Lord J on the discord.
Not only that, but Ragnarok Travels does not use Gepard Shield. It uses an anti-cheat software designed by Lord J, so it's probably more flexible, and accommodating to special exceptions as he could probably program it that way himself.

Quote from: Reyna on Jan 23, 2021, 11:13 AM
though any upcoming servers with rates at or above 10x10x10 + warper,job changer etc will be gladly looked into!
Yeah Ragnarok Travels is not "upcoming", but it's only been out since September 2020.
It's not at or above 10x rates, but 1x rates are still "Lowrate", no? What's the hurry to level 99?
It does not have a warper, and it does not have a job changer, but those things aren't exactly considered "oldschool".
Why the need to instantly change your job instead of working towards it in the oldschool fashion way?
Why the need to be warped everywhere instantly instead of trekking or being warped the oldschool way with warp portal skills?
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Reyna

I understand you love Ragnarok Travels, but as stated before we have no interest in 1x1x1x servers because of the very limited time we have available due to RL responsibilities. Taking my requests and dismissing them with personal opinions is also a bit rude considering I've mentioned already multiple times we're not interested in super low rate for the reasons I listed. All servers that have been recommended have been checked over regardless though.

I wouldn't recommend a 20x20x20 server to someone asking for 1x1x1 either :X..

distilled1

Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I was just trying to help by explaining why RagnarokTravels might be worth it for you to accept the 1x rates, and the lack of warper/jobchange NPCs.
Reason being is that most servers out there use Gepard Shield for anti-cheat, which will not even allow you to play considering it blocks your program, and as I mentioned, Ragnarok Travels doesn't use Gepard Shield. I wasn't sure if you knew that or not.
You didn't mentioned checking out Ragnarok Travels before, so I assumed you just skimmed over it, but I'm glad you did look into it then.
Good luck on your search, but you may have to create your own server unfortunately for all those needs to be met.

Now this is just my opinion here, but isn't a MMORPG a waste of time regardless of the rates? What is it about having higher rates that would make you and your friends with RL responsibilities waste less time on it? Do you all plan on quitting as soon as you get to level 99?
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Tari

Quote from: distilled1 on Jan 23, 2021, 03:05 PMNow this is just my opinion here, but isn't a MMORPG a waste of time regardless of the rates? What is it about having higher rates that would make you and your friends with RL responsibilities waste less time on it? Do you all plan on quitting as soon as you get to level 99?
Heya!

We're looking for higher rates because of the lack of time, and honestly, who wants to grind Payon Dungeon until the end of days  /heh
As a noob in RO, I'd probably like the low rates, but the others went through so many servers already, so I understand that they don't want to go through all the leveling. Also, people who don't go for classic rates also do it because the game doesn't stop at level 99!

If it wasn't for that, your server seems pretty nice, and I hope you'll be successful with it.  /no1

We also tried running our own Hercules server (I know you say it's evil, but as we just want to play chill with our group, it didn't really matter), but even that was a huge pain to make it work, and wasn't working properly. So if anyone has a a good guide or something ('cause the one on the Hercules forum claim having a pre-re, but it's definitely not pre-re), it would be great!  /lv

neethree

So, I know you want a 10x minimum and already glanced over OriginsRO, but I thought I'd mention that for a low-rate, Origins actually feels really high. They have party exp bonuses (220% exp bonus at a 12-man party), monster of the day (2x exp) and floating rates (2-week cooldown, for 48hours exp fluctuates between 5x and 8x) - all of these really add up and compound together and it actually ends up feeling more like a 10x. (One of the reasons I quit, but that might be a benefit for you).  Public parties you can expect 300k exp/min in basic places like magma, up to 500k in guild dungeon/abyss/thanatos. Solo I used to get around 200k-400k class-depending, if those metrics help ya.

Doesn't have dungeon warper, job changer or resetter though. Kinda meets halfway in having a global town warper and a partial stat resetter (like, 3-5 points a month).  There's re-rebirthing too, so if you mess up your trans char you can start at a 1/1 high novice again. Market is ridiculously healthy for such an old server, prices are super lower which is a great bonus cause you can just buy the stuff you need by playing casually instead of having to farm for it yourself on a server of 50 players where no one's selling the stuff you want.
As the other guy mentioned, Origins is remap friendly, which seems to be your main criteria, and might be pushing 10x rates more than it might seem. But that might be your best bet short of making your own server.
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

Reyna

Quote from: Tenuguu on Jan 24, 2021, 03:35 PM
So, I know you want a 10x minimum and already glanced over OriginsRO, but I thought I'd mention that for a low-rate, Origins actually feels really high. They have party exp bonuses (220% exp bonus at a 12-man party), monster of the day (2x exp) and floating rates (2-week cooldown, for 48hours exp fluctuates between 5x and 8x) - all of these really add up and compound together and it actually ends up feeling more like a 10x. (One of the reasons I quit, but that might be a benefit for you).  Public parties you can expect 300k exp/min in basic places like magma, up to 500k in guild dungeon/abyss/thanatos. Solo I used to get around 200k-400k class-depending, if those metrics help ya.

Doesn't have dungeon warper, job changer or resetter though. Kinda meets halfway in having a global town warper and a partial stat resetter (like, 3-5 points a month).  There's re-rebirthing too, so if you mess up your trans char you can start at a 1/1 high novice again. Market is ridiculously healthy for such an old server, prices are super lower which is a great bonus cause you can just buy the stuff you need by playing casually instead of having to farm for it yourself on a server of 50 players where no one's selling the stuff you want.
As the other guy mentioned, Origins is remap friendly, which seems to be your main criteria, and might be pushing 10x rates more than it might seem. But that might be your best bet short of making your own server.

Thanks a lot for bringing up this server again, looked into it more and tried it out. Actually seems like a legit option for us after discussing it among each other since my controller indeed seems to work without issue. Might give it a go  /ok

neethree

Quote from: Reyna on Jan 24, 2021, 04:52 PM
Thanks a lot for bringing up this server again, looked into it more and tried it out. Actually seems like a legit option for us after discussing it among each other since my controller indeed seems to work without issue. Might give it a go  /ok
Hope you guys find what you're looking for 👍
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

phil

Hey Reyna,

We released BuzzyRO two days ago.  The rates are close but not quite what you're looking for at 20x/20x/5x with boss drops at 2x and a minimum drop rate for everything set to 0.1%.  Everything else should match your requirements.

Our release went well and we actually had quite a few people join us this weekend, I think with a peak of somewhere between 10-15 peoeple online.  Ads are up, we're posting on facebook so I'm hoping for a growing community.

Anyway if you're not set on another server at this point I hope you check it out.

Thanks,
Phil (or 'badmin' on BuzzyRO)

----

Here's some links for convenience.  If this comes across as spam I will delete them - spam is not my intent -.-

RMS Server Listing
RMS Forum Post
BuzzyRO homepage

Reyna

Bump, So eh.. we played on Origins-RO but that isn't a thing anymore  /sob ... so I'll gladly take any new recommendations.

Peanut

Im not sure "no anti cheat" is still a Point, if not you can try out https://adventuresro.com/
10x10x10 rates 99/70 with a Playerbase of 300+ Daily we got a Warper into town and Dungeon entranced that you visited once, and a Jobchanger

Regards
Peanerd

wLink

A lot of players from OriginsRO are playing on OathRO, it's 1/1/1 without multiclient but feels more 3/3/2 in practice because of mob fatiguer removed, exp and drop adjustments. Quite a bit of customisation and rebalancing but it doesn't take away from RO classic feel imo.