Bunch of oldschool RO players LF Lowrate server, no anti-cheat.

Started by Reyna, Jan 06, 2021, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyna

Yo, I'm Reyna.

So me and my buds (prob a group of around 6-7?) are thinking of playing some RO again, played a ton between 2005 - 2011 but not really anymore after that.

What we're looking for:

Pre-renewal
Desired rates:10x10x10 - 25x25x25
No custom towns please.
Job changer/Warp agent is a plus.
And here's the killer, I'm looking for a server without an invasive anti-cheat that blocks all third party programs. Reason being is that I play with Xpadder emulating my mouse and keyboard movement due to a disability and it's usually never whitelisted so it's game-over for me and my friends the moment it's a thing.
I literally cannot play without xpadder so this is a must.

Upcoming / new server suggestions are very welcome! We're not in a rush to get our RO fix.

Edit: It's October 2022 and we're in need of a new server once again  /ok
Nothing is Completely Useless

Styll

i really REALLY understand you, i have to use autohotkey to emulate the click for movement or skill confirmation (i have Repetitive Stress Injury) and that f*** gepard make impossible to play any good server.
Origins ro dont have the stupid gepard, is a 5/5/3 server, BUT have ZERO QoL changes, no warper, no grapes, no nothing thats the reason i dont play in that server because i dont have the time i had in 2004, but i dont know may be its good for you. Thats the only one that i know with that caracteristics.

Make impossible to bot, impossible to inject the client, impossible to modify the delays...........but let the people use macros or programas to use virtual imputs, the RO crowd dont live in 2004, our hands are old, and hurt xD

Reyna

Same tbh. I also have RSI, and use a controller profile to play RO. Out of principle I never used any macros and purely used 1 button is 1 action myself, but even that isn't allowed. =/ ever since Gepard became commonly used I have dropped RO forcefully, friends(old-time RO friends) keep asking me to look for a server for us all, but it always ends empty handed since I literally cannot play 99.5% of the servers out there.

Thank you for the suggestion of Origins RO, however we're looking for a bit higher rates and some QoL additions cause the group exists out of 30+ year oldfags that don't have to time to grind a private server char for weeks on end anymore x').. also playing FFXIV and other games on the side, so while midrate/highrate is getting a tad too boring, super low rate is a bit too low. Will keep it in mind though.

Styll

you can try ragnaroyal.com, its 100/100/30, the lvl up rates may a bit high but the important part, the gearing its kinda slow (30x), they allow autohotkey, so its possible your software too.
i dont play it because low population (100 like) and my friends dont play ro, so as a solo player its very low, but with a group of friends may be a cool place for your mates.

Neffletics

Try SolaceRO. Although the rates are lower than 10x, our server doesn't have custom towns and we have warper NPCs for basic dungeons. Our anti-cheat software allows gaming keyboards and mice.

www.solaceragnarok.com
solacero rip

Imperial Regalia

Edit: Not relevant. Sentence char limit.

distilled1

Yeah I very much recommend both SolaceRO, and Ragnarok Travels for the best oldschool RO experiences available.
They're both run by individuals who are genuinely passionate about Ragnarok Online with a lot of RO experience. Both SolaceRO and Ragnarok Travels ban multi-clienting which creates an authentic Ragnarok experience where finding people to play and socialize with is natural.

SolaceRO is hosted in Singapore, and Ragnarok Travels is hosted in United States of America, so I suggest you play on which ever provides better ping for you.

Despite neither of them having the high job and base exp you're looking for, I cannot suggest them enough for their great quality, authenticity, friendly community, and non-pay to win qualities.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Reyna

Is the ban on multi-clienting IP based? If so that'd be an issue considering I live together with other folks that'd be playing.

distilled1

Quote from: Reyna on Jan 09, 2021, 10:23 AM
Is the ban on multi-clienting IP based? If so that'd be an issue considering I live together with other folks that'd be playing.
Unfortunately I cannot answer that question as I am not the one who decides how things are moderated, but I would assume both servers do it through detection of identical IP addresses, and mac addresses(same device with multiple clients).

I can't speak on behalf of SolaceRO, because I have little experience there, but with regards to Ragnarok Travels, I believe you can get multiple accounts which are using the same IP whitelisted somehow.
I recommend asking  Lord J(also known as Imperial Regalia here) on the Ragnarok Travels discord, or one of the moderators on the SolaceRO discord about having your accounts whitelisted.

Or hopefully one of them can address your question here in this thread.

Alice~

I know you said pre-renewal, but everything else fits so maybe it works for you and your friends:
http://www.leika-ro.net

The server is heavily balanced towards a pre-renewal experience, so there's no power creep or class imbalance. Also high end-game PvE difficulty, you'll need a party for instances and bosses.
Our community is happy to help with any questions about renewal classes and mechanics.

Cajuzzinho

Hello Reyna.

If you and your friends are interested in a more PvM-centered experience and accept a lower-population server I can recommend my server CardCaptorRO.

We have a unique feature where all cards that you collect goes to your "album" instead of your inventory, giving a permanent account-wide small bonus for each card collected.
So it's a server focused on eventually grinding every mob in RO to reach end-game stats.

We are pre-re "classic", have rates and QoL that somewhat match your criteria, and altough we have Gepard-shield to block botting, we don't have the module for blocking mouse and keyboard emulation (so I'm almost sure it would work for you). We also block multi-client in a single PC, but allow multiple PCs to connect from same IP.

Take a look at our website if you're interested (http://cc-ro.com).
You may also chat with us in our Discord channel for more info.

heRO-GM

Quote from: Reyna on Jan 06, 2021, 11:30 AM
What we're looking for:
Pre-renewal
Desired rates:10x10x10 - 25x25x25
No custom towns please.
Job changer/Warp agent is a plus.
And here's the killer, I'm looking for a server without an invasive anti-cheat that blocks all third party programs. Reason being is that I play with Xpadder emulating my mouse and keyboard movement due to a disability and it's usually never whitelisted so it's game-over for me and my friends the moment it's a thing.
I literally cannot play without xpadder so this is a must.

Upcoming / new server suggestions are very welcome! We're not in a rush to get our RO fix.

Hello! Have you checked out heRO? It's a pre-renewal server which recently turned 15 years old. We don't meet all of your requirements but it might be worth looking into. :)

HeRO's rates are 5/5/3, but these rates increase seasonally. We also have quests and events which provide experience, as well as items and gears which increase the amount of exp you gain. We have no invasive anti-cheats.

We have a job changer, a warper and a healer, the latter of which provides free heals until level 50, and afterward provides experience daily if you bring her certain items. There's several custom areas, carefully crafted and balanced so that it feels like part of the official game. Renewal areas are rebalanced to fit pre-renewal mechanics, so you can continue to enjoy official content without having to deal with renewal mechanics.

If you're interested, stop by and give us a try!

More Info On RMS
Main Website
Forum
Wiki
Download Links
Register an Account
Discord Server
heRO is a friendly, sociable, unique and fun server of 5/5/3 rates with a great community, give it a try!

Click here to find out more about heRO!

Neffletics

Thank you, distilled, for accommodating his answers and recommending us. ^^

To answer his question, we limit the clients you can open per PC (computer). In short, it's okay if you're in the same apartment or network; as long as you have your own separate computers. ~
solacero rip

Bullet

I got "banned" in ragnarok travels. Apparently I was "dual-clienting" with multiple PCs or whatever. Admin  simply blocked my access one day just because my bro Shift-click auto follow most of the time and someone reported. Apparently you will not get any notice or communication on a clear reason and have to initiate an appeal for after the fact with no guarantee of response.
Good luck with the "whitelisting". Random bans on x1 is no fun.

I understand youre looking for higher rates,
But if you're old timer up for REAL official server experience, ragnarok travels is for you. Leveling will be slow of 50+ but if journey is more important than destination, you will have fun. Careful with whom you friend with, community is good except for a derp there. Sadly there is no other alternative for real official like classic server out there other than RO Travels.

Just don't join if planning to play with multiple players from single network.
Personal advice.

distilled1

Quote from: Bullet on Jan 12, 2021, 01:11 PM
I got "banned" in ragnarok travels. Apparently I was "dual-clienting" with multiple PCs or whatever. Admin  simply blocked my access one day just because my bro Shift-click auto follow most of the time and someone reported. Apparently you will not get any notice or communication on a clear reason and have to initiate an appeal for after the fact with no guarantee of response.
Good luck with the "whitelisting". Random bans on x1 is no fun.

I understand youre looking for higher rates,
But if you're old timer up for REAL official server experience, ragnarok travels is for you. Leveling will be slow of 50+ but if journey is more important than destination, you will have fun. Careful with whom you friend with, community is good except for a derp there. Sadly there is no other alternative for real official like classic server out there other than RO Travels.

Just don't join if planning to play with multiple players from single network.
Personal advice.

To be fair, your "brother's account" was apparently found to have a near identical username, and an identical password as your own account. This was explained on dec 26th by the leader:
Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Dec 26, 2020, 05:22 AM
I haven't gotten a message from you, so I assuming this is concerning the original interaction. As you know, the purpose of account verification is such that there is only one account per person. My initial investigation into this revealed that there are three accounts associated with you (Bullet, Bullet2, and one account I will keep confidential as it differs from your forum handle) and they all have the same password hash, meaning all three have identical passwords. One was registered with an IP from the United States, one with an IP from Malayasia, and one with an IP from Singapore. Two of these three accounts have game accounts and the game accounts also have identical passwords according to the hashes. And, as you mentioned, the characters on one account spend time autofollowing and buffing the characters on the other account.

I don't mind revisiting anything, so you're free to contact me if you want to verify your story.

If I was a server owner, and saw that after investigating, I would totally suspect that as foul play, and have probably banned you too.
That said, yeah maybe the leader could have contacted you about it before banning you, but that's not to be expected on a server with zero tolerance for cheating/exploiting/multi-clienting.

I respect the fact that you're not one of those crybaby types who, after getting banned would dramatically insult the server owner, and the server itself.
If you are honestly not guilty of attempting to multi-clienting, I hope you can prove it somehow, and I hope you can play on Ragnarok Travels again.
If you're are indeed guilty of attempting to multi-client, as it would certainly seem, maybe there is still hope. Maybe, one day, you can play on Ragnarok Travels again if the leader forgave you or something after you admitted past mistakes. Who knows.

sccmindgames

hey reyna, were a new server but i think we have what you're looking for. it is a 255/99 low rate server and it has gepard 3.0 but we allow ahk and things of the sort. if u want to check it out heres the link we don't have any custom towns, but we are very custom in a sense.
https://mirairagnarok.online/?module=pages&action=content&path=Information

Reyna

Thanks everyone for your suggestions, as our group mostly exists out of people with fulltime jobs/RL responsibilities we really didn't want to go lower than 10x10x10, but your suggestions will certainly be great as future reference for like-minded folks  /heh

For anyone interested, our group has settled on MyRO for now, ( https://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=21445&itv=6&url_sname=MyRO ), as it's very new and hits a lot of our boxes! If we end up homeless again I'll be sure to check any of the other suggestions!

Reyna

Can we keep this topic for actual server recommendations etc? I am pretty sure I saw other threads dedicated to this drama already  /hmm Quite frankly I don't care.

Reyna

Update: MyRO added Gepard Shield, didn't enable emulation of mouse and keyboard but Gepard still will kick you out randomly within 2-20 minutes with a 'hacking detected' error message. Just wanted to add this for any server owners thinking they can accommodate players such as myself by allowing emulation. Cause using Gepard Shield at all just means a "No thanks" to anyone that cannot use M+K. Tried multiple programs and anything you can think of but nope.

I still want to thank the Admin from MyRO as he tried to make it so I could play, but it's simply a no go.  /sob I understand obviously why using Gepard is a thing, so no need to educate me about it. I've always been a 100% honest player and even after my arm got messed up I never did more than 1 action, 1 button in Xpadder. Cheating sucks.

Honestly me and my friends are looking into making our own private server mostly for personal use so we actually can reliably play together  /pif, though any upcoming servers with rates at or above 10x10x10 + warper,job changer etc will be gladly looked into!

distilled1

Sorry to hear about that, Reyna.
Gepard Shield is like a one size fits all solution to protecting against cheaters, but it doesn't seem to accommodate for special exceptions, eh?
I still think you ought to give Ragnarok Travels a look. People who want to play with their siblings, friends, or partners who share the same IP can get whitelisted by contacting Lord J on the discord.
Not only that, but Ragnarok Travels does not use Gepard Shield. It uses an anti-cheat software designed by Lord J, so it's probably more flexible, and accommodating to special exceptions as he could probably program it that way himself.

Quote from: Reyna on Jan 23, 2021, 11:13 AM
though any upcoming servers with rates at or above 10x10x10 + warper,job changer etc will be gladly looked into!
Yeah Ragnarok Travels is not "upcoming", but it's only been out since September 2020.
It's not at or above 10x rates, but 1x rates are still "Lowrate", no? What's the hurry to level 99?
It does not have a warper, and it does not have a job changer, but those things aren't exactly considered "oldschool".
Why the need to instantly change your job instead of working towards it in the oldschool fashion way?
Why the need to be warped everywhere instantly instead of trekking or being warped the oldschool way with warp portal skills?

Reyna

I understand you love Ragnarok Travels, but as stated before we have no interest in 1x1x1x servers because of the very limited time we have available due to RL responsibilities. Taking my requests and dismissing them with personal opinions is also a bit rude considering I've mentioned already multiple times we're not interested in super low rate for the reasons I listed. All servers that have been recommended have been checked over regardless though.

I wouldn't recommend a 20x20x20 server to someone asking for 1x1x1 either :X..

distilled1

Sorry. I didn't mean to be rude. I was just trying to help by explaining why RagnarokTravels might be worth it for you to accept the 1x rates, and the lack of warper/jobchange NPCs.
Reason being is that most servers out there use Gepard Shield for anti-cheat, which will not even allow you to play considering it blocks your program, and as I mentioned, Ragnarok Travels doesn't use Gepard Shield. I wasn't sure if you knew that or not.
You didn't mentioned checking out Ragnarok Travels before, so I assumed you just skimmed over it, but I'm glad you did look into it then.
Good luck on your search, but you may have to create your own server unfortunately for all those needs to be met.

Now this is just my opinion here, but isn't a MMORPG a waste of time regardless of the rates? What is it about having higher rates that would make you and your friends with RL responsibilities waste less time on it? Do you all plan on quitting as soon as you get to level 99?

Tari

Quote from: distilled1 on Jan 23, 2021, 03:05 PMNow this is just my opinion here, but isn't a MMORPG a waste of time regardless of the rates? What is it about having higher rates that would make you and your friends with RL responsibilities waste less time on it? Do you all plan on quitting as soon as you get to level 99?
Heya!

We're looking for higher rates because of the lack of time, and honestly, who wants to grind Payon Dungeon until the end of days  /heh
As a noob in RO, I'd probably like the low rates, but the others went through so many servers already, so I understand that they don't want to go through all the leveling. Also, people who don't go for classic rates also do it because the game doesn't stop at level 99!

If it wasn't for that, your server seems pretty nice, and I hope you'll be successful with it.  /no1

We also tried running our own Hercules server (I know you say it's evil, but as we just want to play chill with our group, it didn't really matter), but even that was a huge pain to make it work, and wasn't working properly. So if anyone has a a good guide or something ('cause the one on the Hercules forum claim having a pre-re, but it's definitely not pre-re), it would be great!  /lv

neethree

So, I know you want a 10x minimum and already glanced over OriginsRO, but I thought I'd mention that for a low-rate, Origins actually feels really high. They have party exp bonuses (220% exp bonus at a 12-man party), monster of the day (2x exp) and floating rates (2-week cooldown, for 48hours exp fluctuates between 5x and 8x) - all of these really add up and compound together and it actually ends up feeling more like a 10x. (One of the reasons I quit, but that might be a benefit for you).  Public parties you can expect 300k exp/min in basic places like magma, up to 500k in guild dungeon/abyss/thanatos. Solo I used to get around 200k-400k class-depending, if those metrics help ya.

Doesn't have dungeon warper, job changer or resetter though. Kinda meets halfway in having a global town warper and a partial stat resetter (like, 3-5 points a month).  There's re-rebirthing too, so if you mess up your trans char you can start at a 1/1 high novice again. Market is ridiculously healthy for such an old server, prices are super lower which is a great bonus cause you can just buy the stuff you need by playing casually instead of having to farm for it yourself on a server of 50 players where no one's selling the stuff you want.
As the other guy mentioned, Origins is remap friendly, which seems to be your main criteria, and might be pushing 10x rates more than it might seem. But that might be your best bet short of making your own server.
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

Reyna

Quote from: Tenuguu on Jan 24, 2021, 03:35 PM
So, I know you want a 10x minimum and already glanced over OriginsRO, but I thought I'd mention that for a low-rate, Origins actually feels really high. They have party exp bonuses (220% exp bonus at a 12-man party), monster of the day (2x exp) and floating rates (2-week cooldown, for 48hours exp fluctuates between 5x and 8x) - all of these really add up and compound together and it actually ends up feeling more like a 10x. (One of the reasons I quit, but that might be a benefit for you).  Public parties you can expect 300k exp/min in basic places like magma, up to 500k in guild dungeon/abyss/thanatos. Solo I used to get around 200k-400k class-depending, if those metrics help ya.

Doesn't have dungeon warper, job changer or resetter though. Kinda meets halfway in having a global town warper and a partial stat resetter (like, 3-5 points a month).  There's re-rebirthing too, so if you mess up your trans char you can start at a 1/1 high novice again. Market is ridiculously healthy for such an old server, prices are super lower which is a great bonus cause you can just buy the stuff you need by playing casually instead of having to farm for it yourself on a server of 50 players where no one's selling the stuff you want.
As the other guy mentioned, Origins is remap friendly, which seems to be your main criteria, and might be pushing 10x rates more than it might seem. But that might be your best bet short of making your own server.

Thanks a lot for bringing up this server again, looked into it more and tried it out. Actually seems like a legit option for us after discussing it among each other since my controller indeed seems to work without issue. Might give it a go  /ok

neethree

Quote from: Reyna on Jan 24, 2021, 04:52 PM
Thanks a lot for bringing up this server again, looked into it more and tried it out. Actually seems like a legit option for us after discussing it among each other since my controller indeed seems to work without issue. Might give it a go  /ok
Hope you guys find what you're looking for 👍
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

phil

Hey Reyna,

We released BuzzyRO two days ago.  The rates are close but not quite what you're looking for at 20x/20x/5x with boss drops at 2x and a minimum drop rate for everything set to 0.1%.  Everything else should match your requirements.

Our release went well and we actually had quite a few people join us this weekend, I think with a peak of somewhere between 10-15 peoeple online.  Ads are up, we're posting on facebook so I'm hoping for a growing community.

Anyway if you're not set on another server at this point I hope you check it out.

Thanks,
Phil (or 'badmin' on BuzzyRO)

----

Here's some links for convenience.  If this comes across as spam I will delete them - spam is not my intent -.-

RMS Server Listing
RMS Forum Post
BuzzyRO homepage

Reyna

Bump, So eh.. we played on Origins-RO but that isn't a thing anymore  /sob ... so I'll gladly take any new recommendations.

Peanut

Im not sure "no anti cheat" is still a Point, if not you can try out https://adventuresro.com/
10x10x10 rates 99/70 with a Playerbase of 300+ Daily we got a Warper into town and Dungeon entranced that you visited once, and a Jobchanger

Regards
Peanerd

wLink

A lot of players from OriginsRO are playing on OathRO, it's 1/1/1 without multiclient but feels more 3/3/2 in practice because of mob fatiguer removed, exp and drop adjustments. Quite a bit of customisation and rebalancing but it doesn't take away from RO classic feel imo.

brent134

GO try https://www.excelragnarokonline.com/ 60+ players rate is 1/1/1 if i believe the patch is only on e5 atm this is the closest old school ro that u can play anymore without spoon feeding and cash buying for potions buffs etc..

OrcLordDaddy

It's not.

ExcelRO can be alright but it's not close to the original with changes such as "no fade out/in" when using flywings or portals as well as those being instant.

Enigmatic Lake

I can recommend the server I am playing, EinherjarRO. However, it's highly customised (but those changes have a fair amount of thought put behind it). You can always make suggestions to the server if you feel like it would improve things or is necessary.

"Pre-renewal"
While the base is pre-renewal and the general feel of pre-renewal should still be in there (at least I think so), there are only a few mechanics that haven't been touched up yet. These mechanics are Hit/Flee, Movement Speed, Dispel, Spirit Sphere effects and Guilds.
There are a few custom systems and the power ceiling was heightened substantially to accommodate renewal content more easily (less balance changes when doing so). This also allows for more builds to work.
The main focus of the server are the custom classes, which are generally more versatile than the vanilla classes. Vanilla classes still excel in their specialisation though. SinX is one of the best burst DPS classes (unlike in Vanilla this also applies to PvE). Sniper is still the best ranged DPS. Priest is still the best all-round support. Professor is still the best tank support. Custom classes and vanilla classes co-exist pretty well here.

"Desired rates"
While our base rates are only 3x, leveling is much faster than it seems. Firstly, there are floating rates up to 9x and newcomers who know what they are doing can reach max level in a few days work. Most people take much longer though as they grapple with the new systems. Groups of players who can rely on each other generally have the fastest progress. The biggest multiplier on exp is being geared and having people to rely on. What might take nearly a hundred hours when you start out can end up only taking half a day because you can punch above your weight through gear and company.

"No custom towns please."
There are custom towns, but the main hub is still Prontera. The custom towns exist to facilitate some of the new classes, their job change & platinum quests and some of their gear.

"Job changer/Warp agent is a plus."
No job changer, but we do have a Warp agent (Warp Gates).
Warp Gates require you to activate them before you can warp to them, but this activation is account based. This is another reason why the first character is the slowest to level.
Job changes are part of the experience.

"I literally cannot play without xpadder so this is a must."
Normally this shouldn't be a problem, and if it is, the admin is open to finding a solution in my experience.

A few notes: The high level of customisation also means you will encounter some bugs. As it is a one man dev team, it can sometimes take a while to get fixed especially when it is a particularly difficult to track bug. Don't forget to report them so they can be followed up on.

EinherjarRO also just started advertising a few weeks so we have a large influx of new players, relatively speaking of course. I would say this is one of the best times to get started here. But maybe that's because "Now" will always be the best time to start on this server as the improvements to the whole add up. Keep in mind though, improvements may also mean nerfs to a class you are currently enjoying. EinherjarRO is in it's 7th year of active development after all (and 5th year of being quietly open to the public).

If you have already started playing on a different server, keep us in mind if your search begins anew.