Bunch of oldschool RO players LF Lowrate server, no anti-cheat.

Started by Reyna, Jan 06, 2021, 11:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Reyna

Yo, I'm Reyna.

So me and my buds (prob a group of around 6-7?) are thinking of playing some RO again, played a ton between 2005 - 2011 but not really anymore after that.

What we're looking for:

Pre-renewal
Desired rates:10x10x10 - 25x25x25
No custom towns please.
Job changer/Warp agent is a plus.
And here's the killer, I'm looking for a server without an invasive anti-cheat that blocks all third party programs. Reason being is that I play with Xpadder emulating my mouse and keyboard movement due to a disability and it's usually never whitelisted so it's game-over for me and my friends the moment it's a thing.
I literally cannot play without xpadder so this is a must.

Upcoming / new server suggestions are very welcome! We're not in a rush to get our RO fix.

Edit: It's October 2022 and we're in need of a new server once again  /ok
Nothing is Completely Useless

Styll

i really REALLY understand you, i have to use autohotkey to emulate the click for movement or skill confirmation (i have Repetitive Stress Injury) and that f*** gepard make impossible to play any good server.
Origins ro dont have the stupid gepard, is a 5/5/3 server, BUT have ZERO QoL changes, no warper, no grapes, no nothing thats the reason i dont play in that server because i dont have the time i had in 2004, but i dont know may be its good for you. Thats the only one that i know with that caracteristics.

Make impossible to bot, impossible to inject the client, impossible to modify the delays...........but let the people use macros or programas to use virtual imputs, the RO crowd dont live in 2004, our hands are old, and hurt xD

Reyna

Same tbh. I also have RSI, and use a controller profile to play RO. Out of principle I never used any macros and purely used 1 button is 1 action myself, but even that isn't allowed. =/ ever since Gepard became commonly used I have dropped RO forcefully, friends(old-time RO friends) keep asking me to look for a server for us all, but it always ends empty handed since I literally cannot play 99.5% of the servers out there.

Thank you for the suggestion of Origins RO, however we're looking for a bit higher rates and some QoL additions cause the group exists out of 30+ year oldfags that don't have to time to grind a private server char for weeks on end anymore x').. also playing FFXIV and other games on the side, so while midrate/highrate is getting a tad too boring, super low rate is a bit too low. Will keep it in mind though.

Styll

you can try ragnaroyal.com, its 100/100/30, the lvl up rates may a bit high but the important part, the gearing its kinda slow (30x), they allow autohotkey, so its possible your software too.
i dont play it because low population (100 like) and my friends dont play ro, so as a solo player its very low, but with a group of friends may be a cool place for your mates.

Neffletics

Try SolaceRO. Although the rates are lower than 10x, our server doesn't have custom towns and we have warper NPCs for basic dungeons. Our anti-cheat software allows gaming keyboards and mice.

www.solaceragnarok.com
solacero rip

Imperial Regalia

Edit: Not relevant. Sentence char limit.

distilled1

Yeah I very much recommend both SolaceRO, and Ragnarok Travels for the best oldschool RO experiences available.
They're both run by individuals who are genuinely passionate about Ragnarok Online with a lot of RO experience. Both SolaceRO and Ragnarok Travels ban multi-clienting which creates an authentic Ragnarok experience where finding people to play and socialize with is natural.

SolaceRO is hosted in Singapore, and Ragnarok Travels is hosted in United States of America, so I suggest you play on which ever provides better ping for you.

Despite neither of them having the high job and base exp you're looking for, I cannot suggest them enough for their great quality, authenticity, friendly community, and non-pay to win qualities.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Reyna

Is the ban on multi-clienting IP based? If so that'd be an issue considering I live together with other folks that'd be playing.

distilled1

Quote from: Reyna on Jan 09, 2021, 10:23 AM
Is the ban on multi-clienting IP based? If so that'd be an issue considering I live together with other folks that'd be playing.
Unfortunately I cannot answer that question as I am not the one who decides how things are moderated, but I would assume both servers do it through detection of identical IP addresses, and mac addresses(same device with multiple clients).

I can't speak on behalf of SolaceRO, because I have little experience there, but with regards to Ragnarok Travels, I believe you can get multiple accounts which are using the same IP whitelisted somehow.
I recommend asking  Lord J(also known as Imperial Regalia here) on the Ragnarok Travels discord, or one of the moderators on the SolaceRO discord about having your accounts whitelisted.

Or hopefully one of them can address your question here in this thread.

Alice~

I know you said pre-renewal, but everything else fits so maybe it works for you and your friends:
http://www.leika-ro.net

The server is heavily balanced towards a pre-renewal experience, so there's no power creep or class imbalance. Also high end-game PvE difficulty, you'll need a party for instances and bosses.
Our community is happy to help with any questions about renewal classes and mechanics.

Cajuzzinho

Hello Reyna.

If you and your friends are interested in a more PvM-centered experience and accept a lower-population server I can recommend my server CardCaptorRO.

We have a unique feature where all cards that you collect goes to your "album" instead of your inventory, giving a permanent account-wide small bonus for each card collected.
So it's a server focused on eventually grinding every mob in RO to reach end-game stats.

We are pre-re "classic", have rates and QoL that somewhat match your criteria, and altough we have Gepard-shield to block botting, we don't have the module for blocking mouse and keyboard emulation (so I'm almost sure it would work for you). We also block multi-client in a single PC, but allow multiple PCs to connect from same IP.

Take a look at our website if you're interested (http://cc-ro.com).
You may also chat with us in our Discord channel for more info.

heRO-GM

Quote from: Reyna on Jan 06, 2021, 11:30 AM
What we're looking for:
Pre-renewal
Desired rates:10x10x10 - 25x25x25
No custom towns please.
Job changer/Warp agent is a plus.
And here's the killer, I'm looking for a server without an invasive anti-cheat that blocks all third party programs. Reason being is that I play with Xpadder emulating my mouse and keyboard movement due to a disability and it's usually never whitelisted so it's game-over for me and my friends the moment it's a thing.
I literally cannot play without xpadder so this is a must.

Upcoming / new server suggestions are very welcome! We're not in a rush to get our RO fix.

Hello! Have you checked out heRO? It's a pre-renewal server which recently turned 15 years old. We don't meet all of your requirements but it might be worth looking into. :)

HeRO's rates are 5/5/3, but these rates increase seasonally. We also have quests and events which provide experience, as well as items and gears which increase the amount of exp you gain. We have no invasive anti-cheats.

We have a job changer, a warper and a healer, the latter of which provides free heals until level 50, and afterward provides experience daily if you bring her certain items. There's several custom areas, carefully crafted and balanced so that it feels like part of the official game. Renewal areas are rebalanced to fit pre-renewal mechanics, so you can continue to enjoy official content without having to deal with renewal mechanics.

If you're interested, stop by and give us a try!

More Info On RMS
Main Website
Forum
Wiki
Download Links
Register an Account
Discord Server
heRO is a friendly, sociable, unique and fun server of 5/5/3 rates with a great community, give it a try!

Click here to find out more about heRO!

Neffletics

Thank you, distilled, for accommodating his answers and recommending us. ^^

To answer his question, we limit the clients you can open per PC (computer). In short, it's okay if you're in the same apartment or network; as long as you have your own separate computers. ~
solacero rip

Bullet

I got "banned" in ragnarok travels. Apparently I was "dual-clienting" with multiple PCs or whatever. Admin  simply blocked my access one day just because my bro Shift-click auto follow most of the time and someone reported. Apparently you will not get any notice or communication on a clear reason and have to initiate an appeal for after the fact with no guarantee of response.
Good luck with the "whitelisting". Random bans on x1 is no fun.

I understand youre looking for higher rates,
But if you're old timer up for REAL official server experience, ragnarok travels is for you. Leveling will be slow of 50+ but if journey is more important than destination, you will have fun. Careful with whom you friend with, community is good except for a derp there. Sadly there is no other alternative for real official like classic server out there other than RO Travels.

Just don't join if planning to play with multiple players from single network.
Personal advice.

distilled1

Quote from: Bullet on Jan 12, 2021, 01:11 PM
I got "banned" in ragnarok travels. Apparently I was "dual-clienting" with multiple PCs or whatever. Admin  simply blocked my access one day just because my bro Shift-click auto follow most of the time and someone reported. Apparently you will not get any notice or communication on a clear reason and have to initiate an appeal for after the fact with no guarantee of response.
Good luck with the "whitelisting". Random bans on x1 is no fun.

I understand youre looking for higher rates,
But if you're old timer up for REAL official server experience, ragnarok travels is for you. Leveling will be slow of 50+ but if journey is more important than destination, you will have fun. Careful with whom you friend with, community is good except for a derp there. Sadly there is no other alternative for real official like classic server out there other than RO Travels.

Just don't join if planning to play with multiple players from single network.
Personal advice.

To be fair, your "brother's account" was apparently found to have a near identical username, and an identical password as your own account. This was explained on dec 26th by the leader:
Quote from: Imperial Regalia on Dec 26, 2020, 05:22 AM
I haven't gotten a message from you, so I assuming this is concerning the original interaction. As you know, the purpose of account verification is such that there is only one account per person. My initial investigation into this revealed that there are three accounts associated with you (Bullet, Bullet2, and one account I will keep confidential as it differs from your forum handle) and they all have the same password hash, meaning all three have identical passwords. One was registered with an IP from the United States, one with an IP from Malayasia, and one with an IP from Singapore. Two of these three accounts have game accounts and the game accounts also have identical passwords according to the hashes. And, as you mentioned, the characters on one account spend time autofollowing and buffing the characters on the other account.

I don't mind revisiting anything, so you're free to contact me if you want to verify your story.

If I was a server owner, and saw that after investigating, I would totally suspect that as foul play, and have probably banned you too.
That said, yeah maybe the leader could have contacted you about it before banning you, but that's not to be expected on a server with zero tolerance for cheating/exploiting/multi-clienting.

I respect the fact that you're not one of those crybaby types who, after getting banned would dramatically insult the server owner, and the server itself.
If you are honestly not guilty of attempting to multi-clienting, I hope you can prove it somehow, and I hope you can play on Ragnarok Travels again.
If you're are indeed guilty of attempting to multi-client, as it would certainly seem, maybe there is still hope. Maybe, one day, you can play on Ragnarok Travels again if the leader forgave you or something after you admitted past mistakes. Who knows.