Any good low-rate servers out there in Asia?

Started by Kolby, May 16, 2013, 10:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kolby

Hello guys I live in South-east Asia so that cancels any RO private servers that are in America because it just lags when I connect to europe or american servers. Does any1 know any decent low-rate servers here? I hope I can have an awesome server but at the same time lagless or less lag
Searching for friends is hard
Searching for companionship is harder
Be grateful to those who accompany you
On this Road, like the Wayfarer(A Person Travelling) finding it's way back home!

Playing since: 2004

bkkdr1ft

Hi,

I was in the same situation with you earlier. As I study in Australia, most of the private servers that I have played on were US-based hence got a bit of a lag. I then quit RO due to real life commitments for a while. Recently, I now have more free time on hand so decided to play RO again. I then quickly looked through ratemyserver and a few other sites that ranks RO private servers.

First I found TalonRO and played it. I chose it initially due to the large amount of players. However after I while I felt that the server had too much customisations and the original feel of Ragnarok is not there. Also the server is quite old and there are many players who have peaked out already. So for now I still have TalonRO installed but I have not returned to the server for a while.

So then I decided there has to be something else better for me. I then started searching again, this time with more patience. I found Everlasting Odyssey RO (eo-RO), looked into it for the fine details and found that it has everything that I want. The server is brand new (launched on 10 May 2013). The fact that the server owner works in real life in software development field and the goal of creating a balanced server which listens to its players attacted me. Most importantly, there are proxies in place which helps reduces the delay for players located outside the USA. I have been on eo-RO since its launch and so far the lag is minimal for me. The server has just launched but the community is growing, recently one of my friends has just started playing again with me too.

I hope this helps you, if you are interested then check out the server, play on it for a while and you will know.

Facebook: www.facebook.com/everlastingodysseyragnarokonline

Good Luck!!

:D

BloodVerge

Hello Kolby. May I know what's your internet speed? I've been playing on US and European-hosted servers for a couple of months but didn't experience a lot of lag. My internet is 1mbps (probably slow compared to the rest of the world) and my computer is virus-free. Maybe because of the latter  /heh

Anyway, if you don't mind the rates, you could probably try NymphRO.

http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=detailedlistserver&serid=16016&itv=6&url_sname=NymphRO

It's a flat-one low rate server that offers a nice challenge along with game balance. There aren't a lot of customs here, so if you enjoy the classic RO feel, then you might give it a try as well.

As of now, there are a few guilds in the server. We haven't start WoE yet, since there aren't a lot of players. Population is 20+ at certain times, but it's 12+ most of the time. I play at +8 GMT times, so I don't know if there's a lot at the struck of midnight.