Looking for an extremely customized server

Started by Respen, Jun 14, 2013, 06:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Respen

Many years ago I found a small server with many custom features which I think was called VanaheimRO.  There were new classes, several character races, and new monsters.  It was a very interesting experience, but the server did not live for long.  I played as a kind of summoner class, where I could choose a type of monster I would summon and it would fight for me (similar, I guess, to Alchemists' homunculi).

I would like to try a server like that again.

Requirements:

• balanced items - includes custom items and any changes to the stock items
  • donation stuff (if there is any) are either consumables to make things a little easier, or if equipment it needs to be able to be obtained in-game somehow
  • custom classes - modified classes (skills, sprites, etc.)
  • custom races (as long as they are implemented well and are interesting)
  • not too grindy
  • extensive character customization (colors, sprites, skill selection, etc.)
  • many different viable character builds within a class (max levels/stats should be a relatively reasonable amount like 99/50 non-trans and 99 stats)
Now, I know that in asking for an extremely customized server, potential recommendations may not be able to fit all of my requirements.  However, any recommendations should at least fit in with the first two requirements (bolded items).  Extra points for very interesting mechanics/changes such as only one class that can be built as you wish (like Super Novice with access to all skills), no cards, etc.

I have been searching for a server like this for a long time, but have yet to find anything really interesting.  This might be quite a challenge to find recommendations for, so I look forward to the replies.

Kaenec

Hello Respen,

I recommend you check out HeRO (5x/5x/3x) because it  definitely meets your two main requirements. We have custom items (sprites and stats) that are balanced to the server so players cannot gain a large benefit over other players. The server's donation system provides consumables which allow donators to obtain items that non-donating players can also obtain through farming and dedication (i.e. random hats from Mr. Hatter, a custom NPC, and OCAs).

Players can also customize their character sprite with a selection of 130 clothing palettes and 50 hairstyles.

Click the banner below to head over to the heRO website to learn more about it!

Fruit Pie~

MouRO is highly recommended if you want a custom server and you should give it a try, at least once, just to see the utterly insane modifications to gameplay. In no other server will your VIT/LUK High Priest have to cast Slow Poison to avoid the ranged Turn Into Undead attacks from Pupas so you don't die to Fabres casting Storm Gust. At max level.

Mou has no donations at all and the items are balanced for the mechanics changes. ...well, most of the time, anyway.

As for custom classes and stuff, you might wanna give Corrosive Games servers a shot. They technically have custom classes (including a summoner!), a bunch of custom quests and storyline and generally seems very interesting.

Why "technically", though? Because it's so hard to install I never got it to run properly! But it's there as an option, and unless it's the world's most elaborate practical joke, seems to be exactly what you're looking for.

EDIT : This would be far more effective if I included links to the servers, don't you agree?