RateMyServer.Net > Server Reviews

World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)

(1/2) > >>

Mina1:
I'm not sure if anyone plays or is considering playing this server, but having played it for the past month, I don't recommend it. This server is the sucessor to LuminaRO which only lasted a few months last year.

Pros:
* The server has been hit by a lot of DDoS attacks in the past few weeks, which has made the server laggy, unplayable and at times, unavailable. To their credit, they have been able to overcome this and provide a currently stable server to play on.
* There are lots of headgear quests, that will keep you busy if you don't enjoy PvP/WoE/end-game content. Many, but not all of the donation items can be obtained through in-game questing and BG, although it is much easier to buy these items with zeny than to actually complete these quests.
* There are lot of streamers that support the server and run events - they are probably the unsung heroes of the server since the actual staff members never run in-game events. The server also has lots of automated events (Poring Catcher, Dice, Disguise) that all provide small amounts of Cash Points.
* Guild competition is good, currently Revamp has held two castles and ELYU holds one castle in the three trial WoEs that have been held so far.

Cons:
* Really toxic community - there is often drama on Discord and in-game. Main chat was completely disabled because of how toxic things became, although people still use the Broadcaster to trash-talk others. Guilds have been caught RMTing, items have been duped due to server crashes, and people are often multi-clienting, AFKing and quitting in BG.
* The community has a large PH base, I would say 80% of the server is PH. This itself isn't a con, a lot of PH people are really nice, but considering this server is marketed as an English-speaking international server, there is a half-hearted approach by staff when it comes to moderating Tagalog being used on the Broadcaster and Main chat (before it was disabled).
* BG was implemented poorly with lots of bugs and crashes, such as 12 War Badges being given to the losing team and 6 badges to the winning team. Currently there are only three modes available due to bugs and BG takes a long time to begin (sometimes half an hour to an hour) because of lack of interest.
* Bubblegum and Elite Siege Boxes are handed out like candy, after every maintenance and any time the server hits a new peak in players (despite the large number of autotrade merchants and players who are AFK to get online points).
* The economy fluctuates a lot, and there is a lot of undercutting. There's also a large amount of zeny floating around because items like Witherless Rose and Crystal Mirrors sell for full-price.
* Staff have shown bias towards the Celestials guild, which houses players from LuminaRO. There are screenshots on Discord showing the admin helping this guild when they were MvPing, and this guild is very vocal on Discord when shooting down criticism about the server. A player in this guild (Vids) made 1 billion zeny within a week of the server opening by selling Cash Points for zeny.

Overall, the main thing I don't like about this server is the toxic community and the amount of bugs in game features considering how old this game is.

WorldofRO:
Hello, Mina1.

First off, thank you for taking time to review our server and for being partially honest. This is the second time that the server is posted here, the first one who wrote a review actually was banned due to RMT, and hoping this is not the case here.

The server has been hit by a lot of DDoS attacks in the past few weeks, which has made the server laggy, unplayable and at times, unavailable. To their credit, they have been able to overcome this and provide a currently stable server to play on.
> DDoS attacks has been solved the first week of June and server had been stable since then. Despite of multiple DDoS attacks when server reached 1,200 online players peak.

There are lots of headgear quests, that will keep you busy if you don't enjoy PvP/WoE/end-game content. Many, but not all of the donation items can be obtained through in-game questing and BG, although it is much easier to buy these items with zeny than to actually complete these quests.
> True

There are lot of streamers that support the server and run events - they are probably the unsung heroes of the server since the actual staff members never run in-game events. The server also has lots of automated events (Poring Catcher, Dice, Disguise) that all provide small amounts of Cash Points.
> This is also true, as we prefer the casual and seasonal events. We do not practice daily events that is hosted by us, and we do not practice events that eventually breaks the market.

Guild competition is good, currently Revamp has held two castles and ELYU holds one castle in the three trial WoEs that have been held so far.
> True

Really toxic community - there is often drama on Discord and in-game. Main chat was completely disabled because of how toxic things became, although people still use the Broadcaster to trash-talk others. Guilds have been caught RMTing, items have been duped due to server crashes, and people are often multi-clienting, AFKing and quitting in BG.
> We had disabled #global as it is being used more than our Broadcaster NPC. Trashtalking in broadcast is punishable, and we always do action whenever. We had also banned a guild due to their rampant real-money-trading. It is also not often that you find a drama in our discord, it is mostly people that wants sympathy over their ban sanctions.
> There are no items that were duplicated due to server crashes. In fact, we had only 3 recorded server crashes due to Battlegrounds and was fixed after a week of debugging. We are using a 2018 client, and with the latest up-to-date emulator, we implemented the Battlegrounds successfully without further crashes. It is true that our Battlegrounds had minor bugs, and it is mostly in the rewards category of our system. This was also fixed after a week, and should be ready to be patched which is dated on June 29.
> As for afking and non-participants in BG, we had been doing actions by jailing the reported players, and deleting percentage of the war badges. This is also stated in our server rules.
> Multi-clienting, yes. One of our server feature is to allow players do maximum of 2 clients.

The community has a large PH base, I would say 80% of the server is PH. This itself isn't a con, a lot of PH people are really nice, but considering this server is marketed as an English-speaking international server, there is a half-hearted approach by staff when it comes to moderating Tagalog being used on the Broadcaster and Main chat (before it was disabled).
> This is partially correct, most of the population are from SEA like 70%, and 30% are outside SEA. We enforce strictly English for our discord and we have separate channels for different languages. As we respect every nation in-game, we mostly do not interfere with broadcast as long as it is understandable and not related to any trashtalks that detriment players.

Bubblegum and Elite Siege Boxes are handed out like candy, after every maintenance and any time the server hits a new peak in players (despite the large number of autotrade merchants and players who are AFK to get online points).
> For Bubblegum and Elite Siege Boxes these are mostly given during compensations, and was rewarded for each peak milestone since the peak of the server last June 1st to 2nd week. It is not being given as candy, when in fact it even have a market of its own. Maybe you are referring to Streamer Giveaway Boxes? Our merchants are probably around 360-420. We will be implementing a separate data for these to be shown in our website and in-game.

The economy fluctuates a lot, and there is a lot of undercutting. There's also a large amount of zeny floating around because items like Witherless Rose and Crystal Mirrors sell for full-price.
> As far as economy goes, economy in World of RO is healthy. Witherless Rose, and Crystal Mirrors are nerfed in their selling prices, so you are currently wrong here.

Staff have shown bias towards the Celestials guild, which houses players from LuminaRO. There are screenshots on Discord showing the admin helping this guild when they were MvPing, and this guild is very vocal on Discord when shooting down criticism about the server. A player in this guild (Vids) made 1 billion zeny within a week of the server opening by selling Cash Points for zeny.
> We do not show any bias towards any player or guild in our server. In fact, we answer to hundreds of players in-game and also direct messages for any assistance and support that we may give. Please, provide any proof that we had been unjust or spoonfed a guild or player.
> 'There are screenshots' if this is true, it could had been all over our main discord, and you could had also uploaded the said 'screenshot'. These are all blatant accusations to detriment the server and our reputation.
> People who got banned due to toxicity in our server had been using Vids as a reason to detriment the server, and the player was used again here for a server review. It is true that the player made 1 Billion Zeny in a week after selling amount of cash points that are traded with items. Why is it an issue for people that these players just merely enjoying what they donated for? We did not even gave bonus nor did give any special treaments as it just followed our donation rates or is this just insecurity? To be clear, cash points are not tradeable in-game, they trade the cash shop items in exchange for zeny.

Overall, the main thing I don't like about this server is the toxic community and the amount of bugs in game features considering how old this game is.
> You were probably banned, and knowing that we had already banned more than hundreds of players due to griefing, toxicity, and RMT.
> 'Amount of Bugs' no server is perfect, and every game will always have imperfections or minor bugs underlying. In this case, this is true for our Battlegrounds but other than that, there are no major issues or bugs that are still not fixed.

Thank you for taking the time to write a server review topic for World of RO. We apologize if you got banned for violating a server rule, if ever you are. We do hope you find the server of your dreams.

GM Lumina

PeeKaPoo80:
Mina1 has some valid points on both good and the bad. I'm just going clarify some of the wrong claims on the Cons.

Bubblegum and Elite Siege Boxes are handed out like candy, after every maintenance and any time the server hits a new peak in players (despite the large number of autotrade merchants and players who are AFK to get online points).
- While it is true that these are given out after maintenance and some of the peak milestones, i think it would be a stretch to call it "handed out like candy" when each time is about 1~2 boxes of ESB and / or BBG.
- Also there actually isnt too many autotrade merchants. i see live players in every town.
- Dun understand your point on AFK people, find me a server where ppl dun AFK?

The economy fluctuates a lot, and there is a lot of undercutting. There's also a large amount of zeny floating around because items like Witherless Rose and Crystal Mirrors sell for full-price.
- Undercutting is a reality of life...ppl undercut in real life too... dun understand what's your point
- Contrary to your claims, server economy has been stable for nearly all essential items, except for end game Satan Morroc and Valk gears (more on that later)
- Witherless Rose and crystal Mirror both have Price nerf for selling since day 1...
- how do you know there's "alot of zeny floating around"?

Staff have shown bias towards the Celestials guild, which houses players from LuminaRO. There are screenshots on Discord showing the admin helping this guild when they were MvPing, and this guild is very vocal on Discord when shooting down criticism about the server. A player in this guild (Vids) made 1 billion zeny within a week of the server opening by selling Cash Points for zeny.
- Ok, this one i have issues with. Recently a whole guild (Guild Name: 4437) was banned from WoRO for (1) Toxicity and lack of respect for both players and staff (2) illegal griefing of MVP despite being warned repeatedly (3) RMT
- Related to (3) RMT, they recently tried to manipulate the discord discussions and polls to suggest disabling BG gears for WoE. There are reasons to believe that this was done in order to keep end game MVP gears at a high price for RMT since their guild had been monopolizing them.
- Contrary to your claims that Celestials are very vocal on discord, they had actually been very very quiet on WoRO. Most people probably wouldn't even know there's such a guild, much less who their members are.
- The GMs did not help Celestials to MVP, the GMs had to step in because guild 4437 had been illegally griefing them (basically griefing all other parties and guilds) against the rules despite being warned
- Vids simply bought alot of zeny from OTHER PLAYERS using cashpoints. What is the issue with this? if he hadn't done so, many players wouldn't have access to CP equipment quickly and absorbing in all these zeny actually helped to keep the economy stable and slowed down potential inflation. what is your point?

Godrix:

--- Quote from: asmrislife on Jun 30, 2021, 01:59 am ---avoid these kind of pinoy servers, im a pinoy and im sick that every month there is a money grabbing server like this that pops out, a server allowing RMT is huge sign that it will be a P2W server and a money grabbing server, Admin can just create items and then sell it to players for real money which what usually happens

--- End quote ---

Not saying the admin team was doing this but part of the reason i quit was because of the sudden influx of end game boss gear to the economy at the end of the first week. From what i observed most players did not even have the gear to kill detale and RSX let alone wounded morroc with it's double HP and there was no wounded map warp.

As a point of interest i had detale on lockdown for 3 days prior to the beelzebub and wounded gear influx in the first 7 days so most didn't even have a morph set which is the first tier mvp gear, the  "strong people" i saw in thors from the top guilds were not even able to 1 shot the mobs.

Again i have no idea how end game mvp drops were influxing the economy when most were still clawing for basic gear, morph set, AK, D rings and slotted sunnies.

Again i'm not saying the gm's did anything but it was very suscpicious and a big part to why i quit.

Neffletics:
You can't expect quality from a server that steals content from other servers. Out of curiosity, I checked their website and discovered my writings (SolaceRO) there.

That alone says a lot about the developers' integrity. So I'm not surprised that people are finding strange things on this server.

--- Quote from: Godrix on Jun 30, 2021, 12:01 pm ---Again i have no idea how end game mvp drops were influxing the economy when most were still clawing for basic gear, morph set, AK, D rings and slotted sunnies.

Again i'm not saying the gm's did anything but it was very suscpicious and a big part to why i quit.

--- End quote ---

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version