RMS Home | Guide Writing | Test Server | New Servers | Latest Reviews

Author Topic: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)  (Read 4307 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Mina1

World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« on: Jun 27, 2021, 12:34 pm »
I'm not sure if anyone plays or is considering playing this server, but having played it for the past month, I don't recommend it. This server is the sucessor to LuminaRO which only lasted a few months last year.

Pros:
* The server has been hit by a lot of DDoS attacks in the past few weeks, which has made the server laggy, unplayable and at times, unavailable. To their credit, they have been able to overcome this and provide a currently stable server to play on.
* There are lots of headgear quests, that will keep you busy if you don't enjoy PvP/WoE/end-game content. Many, but not all of the donation items can be obtained through in-game questing and BG, although it is much easier to buy these items with zeny than to actually complete these quests.
* There are lot of streamers that support the server and run events - they are probably the unsung heroes of the server since the actual staff members never run in-game events. The server also has lots of automated events (Poring Catcher, Dice, Disguise) that all provide small amounts of Cash Points.
* Guild competition is good, currently Revamp has held two castles and ELYU holds one castle in the three trial WoEs that have been held so far.

Cons:
* Really toxic community - there is often drama on Discord and in-game. Main chat was completely disabled because of how toxic things became, although people still use the Broadcaster to trash-talk others. Guilds have been caught RMTing, items have been duped due to server crashes, and people are often multi-clienting, AFKing and quitting in BG.
* The community has a large PH base, I would say 80% of the server is PH. This itself isn't a con, a lot of PH people are really nice, but considering this server is marketed as an English-speaking international server, there is a half-hearted approach by staff when it comes to moderating Tagalog being used on the Broadcaster and Main chat (before it was disabled).
* BG was implemented poorly with lots of bugs and crashes, such as 12 War Badges being given to the losing team and 6 badges to the winning team. Currently there are only three modes available due to bugs and BG takes a long time to begin (sometimes half an hour to an hour) because of lack of interest.
* Bubblegum and Elite Siege Boxes are handed out like candy, after every maintenance and any time the server hits a new peak in players (despite the large number of autotrade merchants and players who are AFK to get online points).
* The economy fluctuates a lot, and there is a lot of undercutting. There's also a large amount of zeny floating around because items like Witherless Rose and Crystal Mirrors sell for full-price.
* Staff have shown bias towards the Celestials guild, which houses players from LuminaRO. There are screenshots on Discord showing the admin helping this guild when they were MvPing, and this guild is very vocal on Discord when shooting down criticism about the server. A player in this guild (Vids) made 1 billion zeny within a week of the server opening by selling Cash Points for zeny.

Overall, the main thing I don't like about this server is the toxic community and the amount of bugs in game features considering how old this game is.

Advertisement

Offline WorldofRO

Re: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« Reply #1 on: Jun 27, 2021, 01:51 pm »
Hello, Mina1.

First off, thank you for taking time to review our server and for being partially honest. This is the second time that the server is posted here, the first one who wrote a review actually was banned due to RMT, and hoping this is not the case here.

The server has been hit by a lot of DDoS attacks in the past few weeks, which has made the server laggy, unplayable and at times, unavailable. To their credit, they have been able to overcome this and provide a currently stable server to play on.
> DDoS attacks has been solved the first week of June and server had been stable since then. Despite of multiple DDoS attacks when server reached 1,200 online players peak.

There are lots of headgear quests, that will keep you busy if you don't enjoy PvP/WoE/end-game content. Many, but not all of the donation items can be obtained through in-game questing and BG, although it is much easier to buy these items with zeny than to actually complete these quests.
> True

There are lot of streamers that support the server and run events - they are probably the unsung heroes of the server since the actual staff members never run in-game events. The server also has lots of automated events (Poring Catcher, Dice, Disguise) that all provide small amounts of Cash Points.
> This is also true, as we prefer the casual and seasonal events. We do not practice daily events that is hosted by us, and we do not practice events that eventually breaks the market.

Guild competition is good, currently Revamp has held two castles and ELYU holds one castle in the three trial WoEs that have been held so far.
> True

Really toxic community - there is often drama on Discord and in-game. Main chat was completely disabled because of how toxic things became, although people still use the Broadcaster to trash-talk others. Guilds have been caught RMTing, items have been duped due to server crashes, and people are often multi-clienting, AFKing and quitting in BG.
> We had disabled #global as it is being used more than our Broadcaster NPC. Trashtalking in broadcast is punishable, and we always do action whenever. We had also banned a guild due to their rampant real-money-trading. It is also not often that you find a drama in our discord, it is mostly people that wants sympathy over their ban sanctions.
> There are no items that were duplicated due to server crashes. In fact, we had only 3 recorded server crashes due to Battlegrounds and was fixed after a week of debugging. We are using a 2018 client, and with the latest up-to-date emulator, we implemented the Battlegrounds successfully without further crashes. It is true that our Battlegrounds had minor bugs, and it is mostly in the rewards category of our system. This was also fixed after a week, and should be ready to be patched which is dated on June 29.
> As for afking and non-participants in BG, we had been doing actions by jailing the reported players, and deleting percentage of the war badges. This is also stated in our server rules.
> Multi-clienting, yes. One of our server feature is to allow players do maximum of 2 clients.

The community has a large PH base, I would say 80% of the server is PH. This itself isn't a con, a lot of PH people are really nice, but considering this server is marketed as an English-speaking international server, there is a half-hearted approach by staff when it comes to moderating Tagalog being used on the Broadcaster and Main chat (before it was disabled).
> This is partially correct, most of the population are from SEA like 70%, and 30% are outside SEA. We enforce strictly English for our discord and we have separate channels for different languages. As we respect every nation in-game, we mostly do not interfere with broadcast as long as it is understandable and not related to any trashtalks that detriment players.

Bubblegum and Elite Siege Boxes are handed out like candy, after every maintenance and any time the server hits a new peak in players (despite the large number of autotrade merchants and players who are AFK to get online points).
> For Bubblegum and Elite Siege Boxes these are mostly given during compensations, and was rewarded for each peak milestone since the peak of the server last June 1st to 2nd week. It is not being given as candy, when in fact it even have a market of its own. Maybe you are referring to Streamer Giveaway Boxes? Our merchants are probably around 360-420. We will be implementing a separate data for these to be shown in our website and in-game.

The economy fluctuates a lot, and there is a lot of undercutting. There's also a large amount of zeny floating around because items like Witherless Rose and Crystal Mirrors sell for full-price.
> As far as economy goes, economy in World of RO is healthy. Witherless Rose, and Crystal Mirrors are nerfed in their selling prices, so you are currently wrong here.

Staff have shown bias towards the Celestials guild, which houses players from LuminaRO. There are screenshots on Discord showing the admin helping this guild when they were MvPing, and this guild is very vocal on Discord when shooting down criticism about the server. A player in this guild (Vids) made 1 billion zeny within a week of the server opening by selling Cash Points for zeny.
> We do not show any bias towards any player or guild in our server. In fact, we answer to hundreds of players in-game and also direct messages for any assistance and support that we may give. Please, provide any proof that we had been unjust or spoonfed a guild or player.
> 'There are screenshots' if this is true, it could had been all over our main discord, and you could had also uploaded the said 'screenshot'. These are all blatant accusations to detriment the server and our reputation.
> People who got banned due to toxicity in our server had been using Vids as a reason to detriment the server, and the player was used again here for a server review. It is true that the player made 1 Billion Zeny in a week after selling amount of cash points that are traded with items. Why is it an issue for people that these players just merely enjoying what they donated for? We did not even gave bonus nor did give any special treaments as it just followed our donation rates or is this just insecurity? To be clear, cash points are not tradeable in-game, they trade the cash shop items in exchange for zeny.

Overall, the main thing I don't like about this server is the toxic community and the amount of bugs in game features considering how old this game is.
> You were probably banned, and knowing that we had already banned more than hundreds of players due to griefing, toxicity, and RMT.
> 'Amount of Bugs' no server is perfect, and every game will always have imperfections or minor bugs underlying. In this case, this is true for our Battlegrounds but other than that, there are no major issues or bugs that are still not fixed.

Thank you for taking the time to write a server review topic for World of RO. We apologize if you got banned for violating a server rule, if ever you are. We do hope you find the server of your dreams.

GM Lumina
« Last Edit: Jun 27, 2021, 02:02 pm by WorldofRO »

Offline PeeKaPoo80

Re: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« Reply #2 on: Jun 27, 2021, 03:17 pm »
Mina1 has some valid points on both good and the bad. I'm just going clarify some of the wrong claims on the Cons.

Bubblegum and Elite Siege Boxes are handed out like candy, after every maintenance and any time the server hits a new peak in players (despite the large number of autotrade merchants and players who are AFK to get online points).
- While it is true that these are given out after maintenance and some of the peak milestones, i think it would be a stretch to call it "handed out like candy" when each time is about 1~2 boxes of ESB and / or BBG.
- Also there actually isnt too many autotrade merchants. i see live players in every town.
- Dun understand your point on AFK people, find me a server where ppl dun AFK?

The economy fluctuates a lot, and there is a lot of undercutting. There's also a large amount of zeny floating around because items like Witherless Rose and Crystal Mirrors sell for full-price.
- Undercutting is a reality of life...ppl undercut in real life too... dun understand what's your point
- Contrary to your claims, server economy has been stable for nearly all essential items, except for end game Satan Morroc and Valk gears (more on that later)
- Witherless Rose and crystal Mirror both have Price nerf for selling since day 1...
- how do you know there's "alot of zeny floating around"?

Staff have shown bias towards the Celestials guild, which houses players from LuminaRO. There are screenshots on Discord showing the admin helping this guild when they were MvPing, and this guild is very vocal on Discord when shooting down criticism about the server. A player in this guild (Vids) made 1 billion zeny within a week of the server opening by selling Cash Points for zeny.
- Ok, this one i have issues with. Recently a whole guild (Guild Name: 4437) was banned from WoRO for (1) Toxicity and lack of respect for both players and staff (2) illegal griefing of MVP despite being warned repeatedly (3) RMT
- Related to (3) RMT, they recently tried to manipulate the discord discussions and polls to suggest disabling BG gears for WoE. There are reasons to believe that this was done in order to keep end game MVP gears at a high price for RMT since their guild had been monopolizing them.
- Contrary to your claims that Celestials are very vocal on discord, they had actually been very very quiet on WoRO. Most people probably wouldn't even know there's such a guild, much less who their members are.
- The GMs did not help Celestials to MVP, the GMs had to step in because guild 4437 had been illegally griefing them (basically griefing all other parties and guilds) against the rules despite being warned
- Vids simply bought alot of zeny from OTHER PLAYERS using cashpoints. What is the issue with this? if he hadn't done so, many players wouldn't have access to CP equipment quickly and absorbing in all these zeny actually helped to keep the economy stable and slowed down potential inflation. what is your point?

Offline Godrix

Re: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« Reply #3 on: Jun 30, 2021, 12:01 pm »
avoid these kind of pinoy servers, im a pinoy and im sick that every month there is a money grabbing server like this that pops out, a server allowing RMT is huge sign that it will be a P2W server and a money grabbing server, Admin can just create items and then sell it to players for real money which what usually happens

Not saying the admin team was doing this but part of the reason i quit was because of the sudden influx of end game boss gear to the economy at the end of the first week. From what i observed most players did not even have the gear to kill detale and RSX let alone wounded morroc with it's double HP and there was no wounded map warp.

As a point of interest i had detale on lockdown for 3 days prior to the beelzebub and wounded gear influx in the first 7 days so most didn't even have a morph set which is the first tier mvp gear, the  "strong people" i saw in thors from the top guilds were not even able to 1 shot the mobs.

Again i have no idea how end game mvp drops were influxing the economy when most were still clawing for basic gear, morph set, AK, D rings and slotted sunnies.


Again i'm not saying the gm's did anything but it was very suscpicious and a big part to why i quit.

« Last Edit: Jun 30, 2021, 12:10 pm by Godrix »

Offline Neffletics

Re: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« Reply #4 on: Jun 30, 2021, 04:51 pm »
You can't expect quality from a server that steals content from other servers. Out of curiosity, I checked their website and discovered my writings (SolaceRO) there.

That alone says a lot about the developers' integrity. So I'm not surprised that people are finding strange things on this server.

Again i have no idea how end game mvp drops were influxing the economy when most were still clawing for basic gear, morph set, AK, D rings and slotted sunnies.

Again i'm not saying the gm's did anything but it was very suscpicious and a big part to why i quit.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
www.solaceragnarok.com | The only server worth playing in SEA | Started in December 2019
Pre-Renewal | No Dual Logging | 2,000+ Players Daily | Best Economy | Best WoE

Offline WorldofRO

Re: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« Reply #5 on: Jul 01, 2021, 03:02 am »
avoid these kind of pinoy servers, im a pinoy and im sick that every month there is a money grabbing server like this that pops out, a server allowing RMT is huge sign that it will be a P2W server and a money grabbing server, Admin can just create items and then sell it to players for real money which what usually happens

The server had already banned hundreds of RMT players inside the server. The server does not allow RMT in the first place since its opening. I'm not sure what's your point here. Provide evidences that we had allowed RMT.

Not saying the admin team was doing this but part of the reason i quit was because of the sudden influx of end game boss gear to the economy at the end of the first week. From what i observed most players did not even have the gear to kill detale and RSX let alone wounded morroc with it's double HP and there was no wounded map warp.

As a point of interest i had detale on lockdown for 3 days prior to the beelzebub and wounded gear influx in the first 7 days so most didn't even have a morph set which is the first tier mvp gear, the  "strong people" i saw in thors from the top guilds were not even able to 1 shot the mobs.

Again i have no idea how end game mvp drops were influxing the economy when most were still clawing for basic gear, morph set, AK, D rings and slotted sunnies.


Again i'm not saying the gm's did anything but it was very suscpicious and a big part to why i quit.





This is a shared screenshot of one of the players. Big guilds and groups had been doing high end mvp's after 2-3 days of opening. Our server opened last May 22, 2021 so we are not sure if you really had been observing, our MVP ranker logs each MVP that is being killed and it is pretty much clear. These are blatant accusations of corruption to the server, and there is no clear evidence about this.



Players had also started doing thors after 4 days of opening, several streamers are leeching players from this said date of the screenshots. You can view their replays in their streams.

Offline Godrix

Re: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« Reply #6 on: Jul 01, 2021, 04:39 am »
As i said before in other posts after i left you worked your butt off for the server

Never said there was corruption in that post i said it was suspicious how there was an influx of high end mvp equips when most top players at the time i left that i was aware of couldn't even kill thors properly let alone a double HP wounded on a non warp-able map.

I was killing a lot of MvP's and farming thors and i was watching the buying and selling market and to me with what i observed most were not at the level of wounded morroc or beelzebub. When i was warping around thors the vast majority of people could not kill mobs and were leaving kasa's behind with almost dead HP, i saw a few of the streamers you mentioned have a hard time with bow guardians and they did not have the damage to kill a sword guardian.

Doing 110k damage to kill thors kasa's is a far cry from wounded with above 15mil HP

The servers ice picks are below .75% drop rate and yet on day like 4 or 5 beelzebub was being farmed, and wounded was being farmed by somehow when most of the players were clawing for d rings and slotted sunnies and not able to thors fully and yet somehow the end game bosses were being farmed.

Like i said i never said there was corruption but it didn't make sense how when i was on 18 hours a day farming thors and mvp's and witnessed the servers state that this was possible. There may have been a select few geared players at my gear level i wasn't aware of but being on 18 hrs a day for 7 days i never saw them.

As i said in the other post you were a very hard working GM working your butt off during the initial ddos attacks and i gave you kudos to how hard you worked, your getting defensive because one of your previous top players posted he couldn't understand where the gear was coming from.

Given my support to your server before i left and here on RMS after i left against that rant and rave poster you honestly think i am saying there is corruption, I don't think that round peg fits in that square hole.



« Last Edit: Jul 01, 2021, 05:19 am by Godrix »

Offline AMTD

Re: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« Reply #7 on: Jul 02, 2021, 04:36 am »

I was killing a lot of MvP's and farming thors and i was watching the buying and selling market and to me with what i observed most were not at the level of wounded morroc or beelzebub. When i was warping around thors the vast
The servers ice picks are below .75% drop rate and yet on day like 4 or 5 beelzebub was being farmed, and wounded was being farmed by somehow when most of the players were clawing for d rings and slotted sunnies and not able to thors fully and yet somehow the end game bosses were being farmed.

Like i said i never said there was corruption but it didn't make sense how when i was on 18 hours a day farming thors and mvp's and witnessed the servers state that this was possible. There may have been a select few geared players at my gear level i wasn't aware of but being on 18 hrs a day for 7 days i never saw them.

First off, you thinking the only method to kill bee being icepick is cute. As on multiple servers players often use snipers to kill it until geared. WoRO, even had a bug where cursed abbey 3 was warpable  for the first week (that was fixed on first or second maintence) Making it more than viable to kill multiple times early. The point being you only knowing one way to mvp, does not mean their is no other way.

Many guilds were doing high tier MVPs on day 2 and 3, the fact a guild with zero trans characters took down biolab almost on day 1, this shows some people just know how to play. Just because you didn't see them on leveling maps and low end mvps doesn't mean they weren't doing it. (Also that screenshot directly contradicts what you said about thor dungeon) Yes Satan morroc has 15million hp, but toss 8-10 not even well geared champions even using Orleans gowns or phens/all in one rings and +5 stunners your still dealing 50-100k a hit? That hardly takes much time to add up. Not to mention multiple guilds fighting for it at once takes it down faster. You claim no one could barely do 110k so 150k would be near impossible. (Incantation morrocs have been the #1 leech spot for nesrly 3 weeks now, and were being leeched second weak with snipers and Starglatiator parties) Onyop of this you forget most players didn't have their fully leveled gypsys  up, or their battlechsnt paladins up, that came into effect more in week 2 for MOST. After people had managed some gear. Also around this time static chain came out, people tend to reserve these support classes for mvps and not regular pvm leveling in the early days so, so its possible you missed some.

MY POINT IS everything has an explanation? If you bother to look, I have read what you said about the server in both forum posts and on server review, (I see you removed your server review now) yes you claim some truths, that however doesn't let us ignore what else you have said as some of it has had a backhanded attacks in them. You claiming it's not cheating but it's "suspicious" what else are we suppose to insinuate from that? You claim the admins are "being defensive" when they simply show screen shot evidence to show some of your claims as false. Why would you feel attacked if you simply "where trying to help" if you want to help then why insult them when they simply defend themselves? Last forum post you claimed people made multiple guilds to abuse guild packages wich were ip/gepard limited to one per person. (Yes some people found work around but hardly everyone and they had to actively cheat to do it.) You also said the servers a cash grab in the prior thread with no real reasoning, Just that "it is". You and many others also said theirs GM bias to a guild, yet still not one person has provided any proof that guild is being treated diffrent than anyone. As far as I can tell that guild has a high donation player. People seem upset he has money maybe?


People keep talking about RMT and how the GMs are corrupt, meanwhile 100 accounts got banned for toxic mvping and RMTing in the last week. Even showed evidence as to why and who, anyone can claim they allow it, yet no one's proved it. In fact they proved the contrary with namd and discord posts on who and why they were banned.

 People seem bitter and talking out of nonsense. For example on bitter talking, I recall on the discord, the same name GODRIX there. I remember that name crying they failed to enchant armor  a few times and broke too many chains going +10 . They called foul said the rates must be rigged or broken and literally quit that night. (Then they rejoined the discord 2 weeks later?) RNG happends, doesn't mean you need to hate. ( I would post screen shots but thats hours of scrolling up to find)

Also I like how everyone goes (FORMERLY LUMINA) BUT THEN DOESNT EXPLAIN WHY THAT MATTERS. Just know that every server owner right now has owned one prior or worked on one prior. It's how you learn and grow to make a better server
 


I'm not going to say the servers perfect, yeah it had Ddos issues, some (kind of a lot) players can be toxic, and some players are trying to RMT All things out of the staffs control

The WoE scene is starting to pick up, the BG scene is starting to get going, and Cheating/abusing/rmting players seem to be getting removed one by one, that's all I can ask for, yes I'm a player and I'm enjoying my time.

(God been playing ragnarom since iRO early 2000's to now on 60+ servers, and this post is the one that made me make an account haha)
« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2021, 06:24 am by AMTD »

Offline Godrix

Re: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« Reply #8 on: Jul 02, 2021, 07:15 am »
If you interpret me saying me saying the sudden gear influx was suspicious to mean gm corruption when i specifcially and cleary stated i don't think there was corruption that's your own idea and in no way what i intended or what i said. I also even stated there may have been players at high gear level i wasn't aware of, and i admit i didn't know you could kill beelz with a sniper i'm not perfect. Also if you actually took time to read i quit in the first week not 2nd week where you claim a lot of your stuff.

The chain 3 and me quitting is false, yes i did complain about the chains after 60+ failed on a job 70 white smith but no i did not quit and i have messages to lumina with me donating for days after as proof so check your facts. If i was that hurt over the enchants i wouldn't have posted good reviews after leaving.

Thors photo shows nothing, the day i left a lot of people were unable to one shot kasa, i never said some couldn't but i did say as a whole from MY OWN experience the server was not ready for wounded as 90-110k damage is far from wounded. Yes if you throw a dozen champs at wounded he's going to die but i said majority of players and to your point 10 champs is far from the 700+ playerbase majority at that time

I really liked world RO but like i said in the other post it wasn't for me as things were moving to quickly and had lack of english players and english streamers, because i liked the server i have been trying to give fair non pure bashing comments like the people here and in rant and rave.

I'll leave this here, i'm done trying to help a server that i am getting attacked over for trying to help what a salty community that pulls facts out of their rear end. https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/do-not-play-worlld-of-ro-(-luminaro-also-)/ this is far from my bashing the server and this https://ibb.co/1J0tj4S is my rms review which is still up i'm pyrhurra and that is nothing but a pleasant review.


« Last Edit: Jul 02, 2021, 02:44 pm by Godrix »

Offline Inochi

Re: World Of RO (Formerly LuminaRO)
« Reply #9 on: Jul 03, 2021, 09:43 pm »
Formerly Lumina RO? 

The mid-rate server from 2011+ made by the queen or the knock off offshore one that bought the same domain name get free advertisement?
Lumina RO <3