VisionRO

Started by datme, Aug 03, 2010, 11:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

datme

Stability: 9/10

It has it's minor bugs however they're usually fixed quickly. It's also a bit laggy during WoE, but that's to be expected with this many players per guild on your screen.

Availability: 10/10

Server is always up[Maintenance excluded ofcourse] and it didn't crash for all the time I played here[I'd say 3 months]

Friendliness: 6/10

Don't join if you're afraid of trolls[usually unlulzy trolls]

Eventfulness: 4/10

It lacks events since the server is mainly focused on BG and WoE. GM's rather have the BG active than do an event although there have been some GvG tournaments in the past.

Game Masters Friendliness: 8/10

Admin and the head GM are usually helpful and friendly.

Game Masters Availability: 7/10

Usually pretty reachable, but it's not like he's ingame/on forums every minute of his day.

Class Balance: 10/10

No customs. Period.

Economy: 7/10

Seeing as you can get potions/consumables/BG gear from Battlegrounds the economy is slightly worse. However there's always WoE gear being sold such as Dark Bacilium and other high-end items.

WoE: 10/10

Featuring top names such as Worst Players Ever, Sinergy, GVGMODE[Not another trash guild+Just Us guildmerge], ETO PROVAL[Pandamonium+Children of Thor] and Thor's Anger[Currently inactive since the leader is on vacation]. The WoE is quite competitive.
Here's some video's to show you how the WoE looks like:
http://vimeo.com/13323347
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iNLliyjrYCs
http://www.vimeo.com/13627836
http://www.own3d.tv/video/30072/Mekz_VisionRO_25-07-10

Battlegrounds: 8/10

Usually 25vs25 and games have a 5 minute limit to speed medal farming up.
It decreased in fun due to it being randomized on entry now[You could choose your team before, making it party vs party usually] but it's still good

Overall: 9/10

It definitely succeeds in it's purpose as a BG/WoE oriented server. It is however not the place for someone looking for social guilds or such. Server still has some minor bugs sometimes however they're usually fixed quickly. Admin usually listens to the community except at the randomized BG teams[To make it more fair for people that play without a guild]

Chuck

+1 to everything.

Best WoE server, but worst community server.

Trolls, but you'll get used to em. XD

Judgement

I really need to get myself into a guild there. x:
Super Smash Brothers 64!

Gankz

Quote from: Judgement on Aug 04, 2010, 10:06 PM
I really need to get myself into a guild there. x:
Good luck. If you apply without knowing -everything- about your chosen class and you don't have certain gear, you have no chance, just saying. Guilds are ridiculously strict there, be expected to be asked about your computer specs too heh.

tomosuke

Thank god I learned about my class. Thing is, no one's teaching other people how to play. Which is bad ;| Oh and the computer thing is a legit reason. I use to play earlier using my P4 PC and I was lagging, that was before WPE and everything. Dual~Quad is basically necessary to have fun in WoE :|

Judgement

Exactly!  I've been on and off in that server for a few months now and I've yet to actually join a guild because of all the requirements
the guilds have. :<
Super Smash Brothers 64!

tomosuke

Tip: Offer to play some b**** classes for them :3

Yukino

Very nice review there. Just wanted to say, the overall score doesn't match the averaged score lol XD, but anyways...
Seems like a strict server, but if you manage to get into a guild, it'll probably be a blast (seems like it to me anyways).
Friends are special flowers that bloom from trust.

Free Designs by Me: Here!

Gankz

It's so-so. If you win you enjoy a week of feeling good about it and bragging to the rest of the server, and if you lose then well, the guild leader rages and everyone in the guild is a s*** player and needs to uninstall (from guild leader's perspective). It's not exactly spirit lifting lol.

datme

sounds like gvgmode to me :)

dw not all guilds are like that

Ogre

Quote from: datme on Aug 10, 2010, 01:19 PM
sounds like gvgmode to me :)

dw not all guilds are like that

this, sounds like AJ imo

Chuck

Sinergy really leavin for chronos?Blech. Guilds become less and less overtime.

datme

Always happens when guilds can't compete.

Chuck

Ogre

Quote from: datme on Aug 14, 2010, 06:38 AM
Always happens when guilds can't compete.

They did just lose a lot of core members, besides, they are fully geared on chronos anyway.

Chuck

When Sinergy left I decided to move servers again blah. :/

Hopefully this server I'm gonna play on won't have leaving guilds. :c

MeowyMeow

Looool,

Pretty sure GVGMODE and Sinergy's at chronos, Vision dead.

@Chuck, what? Fame RO?

Chuck

Yeap, you playin there as well?:]

Judgement

Meh, good thing I only play high rate servers to mess around in, since I know they all eventually die out in a couple of months. >_>
So, where can I find the new WoE server?
Super Smash Brothers 64!