Thinking about joining ChaosRO? (once it's back up)

Started by Kyoshou, Feb 27, 2009, 02:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kyoshou

tweekz00r and Proculuss are the only GMs on this server. ZeroFear88 is the admin.

Thinking about joining once this server comes back? Think again.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vQrCz9BpzdY&feature=channel_page

This server died out in early August. The video was posted in early August as were some of the comments, but the Admin feels the need to bring up drama that is MONTHS old.

A recap for people who don't want to read.
Quote from: Tweekz00rThe numbers went over 20 during peak hours.
- What an amazing server population.

Quote from: ProculussIt was fair for him to charge event tokens but what the event tokens were spent on was wrong.
- Ironic because Proc was using the special tokens to buy stuff was well.

Quote from: ZeroFear88I neglected the server, that's why they left. Have you not read anything I've said? I neglected it before I decided to shut it down.
- A negligent Admin?

Not to mention all of the good players were talked about behind their backs between the Admin and GM team on Vent. I've been called a whole spectrum of inappropriate names as well as being accused of being a little boy pretending to be female. (By their supposedly "professional" GMs.)

The Faction vs. Faction system is great for people who love PvP but the GM team as well as Admin aren't too good which is usually what ruins a server anyway. Be expected to be overruled by donation items because the GMs "legit"s donate "$100" to the server to get items.

I wouldn't say the GMs are too helpful either. The server stability was good but the admin is slow on bug fixes and allows people to exploit them until he fixes them unless it's against him. There wasn't much of a player base, so there wasn't guild competition or economy. The community was pretty friendly for the most part depending on who you run into. The only good GM who held events and was pretty helpful has left. When he was offline and people demanded events, the other GMs didn't know how to host them, so it was nothing but a waste of time.

Orange

Nice review, The score you gave the server was fair and i totally agree.

Waitwat.
:3

Cielte

Either I'm so sleepy / drunk right now, that I cannot see how this is a review. Or, it really isn't a review. I don't know, let's let one of our two favourite mods decide. (Or Riot/yC)

Kyoshou

Quote from: Kozua Nekiem on Feb 27, 2009, 02:37 AM
Either I'm so sleepy / drunk right now, that I cannot see how this is a review. Or, it really isn't a review. I don't know, let's let one of our two favourite mods decide. (Or Riot/yC)

I think it's a fair review. I'm giving my opinion on my experiences while playing this server for the time it was alive and I'd say I was a good, well-known player too.

Cielte

Quote from: Kyoshou on Feb 27, 2009, 02:56 AM

I think it's a fair review. I'm giving my opinion on my experiences while playing this server for the time it was alive and I'd say I was a good, well-known player too.

When I posted that, all you had was some text and a link to a video. Hence why I said it didn't look anything like a review because reviews are mostly typed out.

Kyoshou

Quote from: Kozua Nekiem on Feb 27, 2009, 02:59 AM

When I posted that, all you had was some text and a link to a video. Hence why I said it didn't look anything like a review because reviews are mostly typed out.

Lol sorry. I added more because I wasn't expecting people to respond so fast.  ;D

Orange

Quote from: Kyoshou on Feb 27, 2009, 03:01 AM

Lol sorry. I added more because I wasn't expecting people to respond so fast.  ;D

Ah, seemed like a random nub trying to make the server look bad, all i saw was a link to >:
:3

/swt i guess it passes as a review now.... sort of

Kyoshou

Quote from: Orange on Feb 27, 2009, 07:42 AM
Quote from: Kyoshou on Feb 27, 2009, 03:01 AM

Like I said, I wasn't expecting people to respond so fast seeing as I posted it at 3 in the morning.

Ah, seemed like a random nub trying to make the server look bad, all i saw was a link to >:

Like I said I wasn't expecting people to respond so fast seeing as it was 3 in the morning.

RaptureRO

oh dear, oh dear. I have to say ChaosRO was one of the most profound and influential servers I've ever played on. Now I don't mean that in a good way or a bad way. I was one of those people banned. My char name was Teh Nubcake, but I was known as Squishy or such. Yes, it was interesting. From the moment I started playing I got this creepy feeling on the server, like something was amiss. I'm not slandering or insulting, I'm just saying how it was. I asked my friend who'd invited me to the server uhh Majik. He said some of the GMs may or may not be corrupt. I stayed on vent a lot and it was like the GMs weren't really GMs so much as a big clique...I don't know...and then like sometimes they'd be mean or insulting I don't really remember, but I called them on it and ...somehow it was my fault? I don't know. I got banned for making a chat after I was muted. I'm sure there was more to it, but I mean. I just loled. I didn't bot, I didn't scam I didn't even exploit It could have been an awesome server. It really had potential, but if the GM team stays the same, I'd say it's going no where. I'm not going to say they were corrupt or not, just I don't agree with them. And sometimes proof isn't everything. After all, this is a private server, not a job. I say something feels weird. The GM/Admin may look into or give me the finger it's their choice. I got a dozen other servers to go to...or I could just make my own. It really doesn't matter to me. I hold no grudge against zero or greg or any of the staff. I was just a supernovice and like I stone curse them . and I had instacast and one of the GMs was like. "Instacast is IMBA". I actually first heard that word from chaosRO. Imba...imbalanced. so lul. He increased the instacast on a 99/70 server from 150 to like 170 or something ridiculous because of me <3. I'm a supernovice...that's how I roll <3.
Squishy~

ZeroChaos

- What an amazing server population.

EDIT: And here, you're taking what I said out of context. We were not bragging about the amount of players, but giving you accurate numbers when you claimed we never hit over 10 players.

That's funny, even in the video you said that my server was amazing. That's even after everything you're complaining about. So, if you're joking on the population, yet say it's an amazing server, what is your arguement exactly? It wasn't good enough to gain alot of players? We just didn't get enough publicity, and the server was still young. And remember, you also said that I "was" a good Admin at first(At least untill I quit letting you slide on things). And I do know you remember that time where you exploited the FP glitch, in which you consentually killed another player over and over to obtain obsurd amounts of FP. When I told you not to use the exploit(I didn't even ban you, just warned you) you gave me a smart donkey remark saying "It's not in the rules", instead of just listening to me. Exploits are usually unintended by the developer(s), so why would it be in the rules?

- A negligent Admin?

Neglecting it was better than simply closing it down straight away. It was too stressful having to deal with you and your friends, who would try to stur up trouble as much as you could. I had my GMs only notify me if something really important went down, while I took a break. On top of that, you claimed that there was barely anyone on the server when it shut down, so would that not mean that when I neglected it, no one was playing?

- Ironic because Proc was using the special tokens to buy stuff was well.

The tokens were used to buy stuff.... Wasn't that their intention? Like proculus said, it was WHAT you were buying with them that was the problem.

Not to mention all of the good players were talked about behind their backs between the Admin and GM team on Vent. I've been called a whole spectrum of inappropriate names as well as being accused of being a little boy pretending to be female. (By their supposedly "professional" GMs.)

No one talked about anyone badly on ventrilo. And, ventrilo has nothing to do with the RO server. We had a side channel for those who wanted to join ventrilo if they wanted to, but the ventrilo itself wasn't even owned by me, but a friend. To top it off, I wonder how many server admins might say some questionable things to his friends on Ventrilo about his players? Probably, alot, but that's not at all relevant, as long as it's kept out of the server and public.

The Faction vs. Faction system is great for people who love PvP but the GM team as well as Admin aren't too good which is usually what ruins a server anyway. Be expected to be overruled by donation items because the GMs "legit"s donate "$100" to the server to get items.

None of my donation items were gear. I have alot of people who would testify to this as well. And I have the PROOF that one of my game masters donated $100 to my server. He was rewarded, and shared some of the points with us. Why should he not be rewarded when he plays the server as a PLAYER as well as a Game Master(Seperate Accounts)? Our legit accounts had absolutely no access to GM powers. And if we were so corrupt, why is it that your faction was more geared than the faction that the staff members played on? I didn't even have a single MvP card because I did not have enough time to play.

I wouldn't say the GMs are too helpful either. The server stability was good but the admin is slow on bug fixes and allows people to exploit them until he fixes them unless it's against him. There wasn't much of a player base, so there wasn't guild competition or economy. The community was pretty friendly for the most part depending on who you run into. The only good GM who held events and was pretty helpful has left. When he was offline and people demanded events, the other GMs didn't know how to host them, so it was nothing but a waste of time.

No, I'm not that helpful. I just spent half of my life(almost literally) working on the server and trying to kater to player needs, while also helping out players who ran into in-game problems.

admin is slow on bug fixes

Slow on bug fixes? Do you know the scripting and work that goes into a server Mod? I was actually VERY fast for the work that it required to change or fix anything. We had a bug fix patch nearly every weekend, and usually more during the week. Just look at the other reviews on RMS. Fast bug fixing.

I don't know. I got banned for making a chat after I was muted.

I muted you. I told you not to make a chat again to get your message across or you'd be banned. You did it again, and I banned you. Isn't the point of being muted is to not be able to relay messages to other players? You're basically admitting to being rebellious right there.

This server died out in early August. The video was posted in early August as were some of the comments, but the Admin feels the need to bring up drama that is MONTHS old.

It's not just bringing up drama. I'm using my right to defend myself and my server from someone who makes foolish claims. I was not even aware of your comments and video untill recently.

The only good GM who held events and was pretty helpful has left.

Oh, the one that I caught helping you guys out by tanking mobs, allowing a friend of yours to get the full valkyrie set behind my back without my persmission?

This is a joke of a review. This seems more like a personal rant.

RaptureRO

I don't know. I got banned for making a chat after I was muted.

I muted you. I told you not to make a chat again to get your message across or you'd be banned. You did it again, and I banned you. Isn't the point of being muted is to not be able to relay messages to other players? You're basically admitting to being rebellious right there.

Of course I'm rebellious. And your silencing in itself is proof of conspiracy. You don't want me to get my "message" across because it would defame the glorious name of your server. NEVERTHELESS, i come not to flame but to make sure truth is told.

And I KNOW your ventrilo people were mean to me too. Not just akina. In fact, I remember when you came on drunk...too bad I didn't record it.

And I remember one time I was in morroc and you were on your GM and me and j5 were just hitting the emperium. You came on your legit and EDP SB us both and then broke the emperium again. Is that being a good admin? IS that....even being a good player? Nono once again it's my word against yours. Yours will no doubt win I really don't care and I don't have time for it either.

I'll leave you alone if you stop bringing up old stuff. And YES YOU brought this up to us. On Youtube, you can look at the timestamp of the comments.

A recap for people who don't want to read.

I actually wanted to play your server to see if it would be good after a clean rinse. I was going to discuss it with you, but you get so defensive I dare not try. That and the fact my forum account is banned until december 11 2035. o.O;

I see no need in keeping hard feelings against eachother. If you wish to pursue this though. I may be able to persuade the one person who DOES have proof to step forward. But no one feels that it should ever need to come to that. We just want to move on.

deal with it in therapy.

ZeroChaos

Of course I'm rebellious. And your silencing in itself is proof of conspiracy. You don't want me to get my "message" across because it would defame the glorious name of your server. NEVERTHELESS, i come not to flame but to make sure truth is told.

How is that proof of anything? You were muted so that means I was probably corrupt? Are you incapable of deserving a mute? You could have gotten muted for a long list of things. You were being disrespectful, which is why you were muted. I didn't even mute you right away, I gave you a warning.

And I remember one time I was in morroc and you were on your GM and me and j5 were just hitting the emperium. You came on your legit and EDP SB us both and then broke the emperium again. Is that being a good admin? IS that....even being a good player? Nono once again it's my word against yours. Yours will no doubt win I really don't care and I don't have time for it either.

For one, I don't remember anything even similar to that. Second, am I not allowed to play my own server?

I'll leave you alone if you stop bringing up old stuff. And YES YOU brought this up to us. On Youtube, you can look at the timestamp of the comments.

Of course I did, I never denied that. I said it's not just bringing up old stuff, it's me defending myself. I hadn't found the video and comments untill recently. Quit taking me out of context as if I wasn't defending myself, just sturring up trouble.

I didn't do it to bring up drama, yet you keep saying that. I was defending my server once I found these ignorant comments.

I actually wanted to play your server to see if it would be good after a clean rinse. I was going to discuss it with you, but you get so defensive I dare not try. That and the fact my forum account is banned until december 11 2035. o.O;

If you get banned in-game, you'll obviously be banned from the forums.

I see no need in keeping hard feelings against eachother. If you wish to pursue this though. I may be able to persuade the one person who DOES have proof to step forward. But no one feels that it should ever need to come to that. We just want to move on.

He admitted he had no proof in the video. We never did anything corrupt, I'm sorry if you guys just didn't like us.

EDIT: Forgot to add. Tweek shared his donation points/items with both Maji and Akina as well.

These guys are just banned members out for revenge. You can look at Maji's review of the server before I put my foot down here:
http://ratemyserver.net/index.php?page=serverstat&serid=5095&url_sname=ChaosRO&itv=999

By the name of Rukizm.

RaptureRO

So...why again was I banned? I mean can you give some REAL reason taht I said something that directly maliciously effected the server. I was given no warning as to Why I was going to be muted. I do recall that it was another GM who was being disrespectful to ME I just stood up for myself...Was it, greg? I don't remember.

Second. No you shouldn't play your own server and go out of your way to make yourself a better player. Admins shouldn't even have TIME to play their server -_-;

defending yourself when we just want to be left alone? Deal with it in therapy.

ignorant comments? You mean you don't want people to know the truth? Well, sorry I don't agree with that ^^;;.

Yes well you have absolutely no real reason to ban me other than the fact I was a threat.

You do realize he had his equipment open because half your GM/Players always were accusing him of having haxd gear?
He did the responsible thing and gave you proof he had no hax gear. And still you think this is about you?

This isn't about you. This is about us. We just want to be left alone. Stop disrespecting our lives and who we are.

I was the only one who was banned except j5 who was banned for standing up for me. Why was HE banned? If you feel like banning everyone who disagrees with you you are going to have a small server =/. OH WAIT!

ZeroChaos

So...why again was I banned?

You started spamming and being disrespectful. I muted you. You opened up chat windows to relay messages. I told you if you did it again, you'd be banned. Guess what you did? Need I go on?

Second. No you shouldn't play your own server and go out of your way to make yourself a better player. Admins shouldn't even have TIME to play their server -_-;

Why should I not have enough time to play my own server? Why should I not be able to play my server? Where is the logic in that. I am a human who likes to have fun, not a robot that is required to work 24/7.

defending yourself when we just want to be left alone? Deal with it in therapy.

If you guys wanted to be left alone, you would have dropped it, and not said anything at all.

ignorant comments? You mean you don't want people to know the truth? Well, sorry I don't agree with that ^^;;.

-sigh- Truth this truth that. I know what's the truth, and what you guys are throwing about is not.

Yes well you have absolutely no real reason to ban me other than the fact I was a threat.

Yes, such a threat. A threat to the peace of my server.

You do realize he had his equipment open because half your GM/Players always were accusing him of having haxd gear?
He did the responsible thing and gave you proof he had no hax gear. And still you think this is about you?

What does Maji's gear have to do with anything right now?

This isn't about you. This is about us. We just want to be left alone. Stop disrespecting our lives and who we are.

So I'm disrespecting your life, because I'm coming here defending my server from false accusations?

I was the only one who was banned except j5 who was banned for standing up for me. Why was HE banned? If you feel like banning everyone who disagrees with you you are going to have a small server =/. OH WAIT!

j5 was banned for not listening to the staff. He saw you spamming, and saw me warn you not to make another chat room. He was witness to your LEGITIMATE banning, yet continued to complain to us about it even after we asked him to drop it. He then started to cuss at us; in other words, banning himself. Acting just as any friend would of a player who just got banned.

Seriously, how did this pass as a review? The video linked in the OP is simply the same thing you see here, debating. It's nothing but a personal rant for revenge.