TalonRO

Started by Lord Choice, Jul 14, 2020, 07:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lord Choice

Played on and off now since the launch back in March 2007.

If you are looking for a server that is stable, good GM staff that ensure there is no cheating, bots, and other ways to ensure fairness in play, then it's the best Server to play.

Stable economy is good, pretty stable with usual new gears [rares] coming out with higher pricetag, but gets stable within a few months or so,but I think that's pretty normal lol, just waiting for the Nintendo Switch for a bit too lol.

Nice PvM options, with a variety of ways to using some classes, without being stuck with one route, and farming spots.

Fun with GMc and BG, with the option of building up vanilla gears for WoE, but still with an awesome unres WoE, but something to aim for.

I been on a lot of servers, and is one of the few that has a balanced gameplay, good community, etc, and the only one I stay with, due to constant new releases, and great development GM's

Ancient Tower, ET, Gramps, Instances etc are great fun, and always a party out there.

Nick_Valentine

Don't believe everything you see kid. Not everything is sunshine and rainbows. You just have to peel back a few layers and you'll see what I mean.

Penance

TalonRO is a wonderful gem. I don't think there's any other server out there that has lasted this long.  /lv

ctothep

The PvM is nice. I doubt ull find a pre-re server that has as good PvM as this one. I mean just look at OriginsRO and what a borefest that server is. I usually just play PvP never cared for PvM at all but on this server i am actually enjoying it.

The PvP is the complete opposite its utter trash and their PvP GM is the most clueless ive ever seen in my life. No idea how that guy ended up as PvP GM.

PvM 9/10
PvP 5/10 (being generous here)

Gwyniel

Quote from: Penance on Sep 08, 2020, 03:14 PM
TalonRO is a wonderful gem. I don't think there's any other server out there that has lasted this long.  /lv

Wellllll, there is.

This server got its database from another server back in 2007 (I know, I helped handle the disaster that ensued on the old server). The way they went about it was Not Cool.

With that said, I poked around on Talon a bit a few years ago because it totally outranked its predecessor and I wanted to see what the big deal was. Given that they had minigames where you could win donation currency without donating (simply by PLAYING THE GAME, how novel!) and a few other features such as automated minigames, it rose to prominence fairly quickly. I can't really comment on the PvP, but the main reason I applied to be staff on the predecessor server was that they had finally listened and implemented some of this stuff themselves (instead of dismissing it as "oh, that's on That Server, don't talk about it!" In fact, to this day you can't say Talon or TalonRO anywhere on any property of its predecessor or you can get disciplined or banned. I know not advertising other servers is pretty common, but there is a special place in RO Hell for people who mention TalonRO on the predecessor's Discord, Facebook, or in-game chats. If someone turns you in because you mentioned it PRIVATELY, this still applies!).

And unfortunately, their predecessor, while still around, has come under the ownership of a tyrant and a bully who only follows his own rules when it's convenient. When Talon formed from the disgruntled staff and players of the old server, he grew one of the largest private servers RMS deals with. Meanwhile, the old server went from having 2K players back then to @100 last year and less than 50 since the mass exodus in July.

But yeah, there is at least one private server that is older than Talon.

Shuchou

Quote from: Penance on Sep 08, 2020, 03:14 PM
There is a few, but just not as many players for sure, one server just had their 15th year anniversary.