Talon RO - The game, the experience, and the staff

Started by liuYF, Jul 11, 2020, 12:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nubblyn

why still so silent from gm when they are so active to reply in other talonro thread before?  /sob

need to change server tagline: impossible is just rumors, nothing more nothing less

true. the players who think this is not true and does not happen are those just farm afk and socialize, very casual.  ignorant of what is happening and how admins deal with support ticket like this. it depends on their mood if you get a good reply or no. humm. power tripping or look at your donations first?  /hmm

Seirumors is nice name bro  /no1

Sachimi

Reports do not and should not be made public. Asking for proof if you aren't involved is a big no - people have been harassed because of a public report, both the person reporting and the person being reported. People always see their reports from their own point of view instead of from an objective one. The GM team must be objective, so they can't consider personal feelings and what you "know" to be true. Screenshots, videos, and logs can all be interpreted in different ways depending on how objective you are.

Boreas was right about logs though. People don't get banned for having a similar name to someone who broke the rules, the ID of the person who broke the rules gets punished. It's not misinterpreted or misspelled or anything that way.

Regardless of whether you like Boreas and Seiren or not, they've been pretty consistently objective in punishments for broken rules that require their access level to investigate. Your personal opinion on what they say and how they say it is irrelevant to any such punishment. From personal experience, despite speaking English very well, there are still potential misunderstandings when speaking with people who don't speak English as their native language, that goes for GMs and for players. What you may see as an insult or rude dismissal may not be how the other person intends it.

Having a bunch of friends come b**** about this on the RMS forum doesn't make your case any more legitimate, especially because you aren't posting any proof of innocence. You can't have it both ways. The GM team acts on proof of wrongdoing, and they only punish when it's clearly happening. Having your friends come and post saying "Oh I KNOW they were innocent!!" does not mean anything.

Nubblyn

who said anything about making the report public? lol. they dont even want to speak with person directly involved. how to be objective if the person involved is not given the chance to?

hum. lots of people have seen the screenshot of being banned and unbanned after clearing for having similar name. ask the right people in the server~

and whats your basis for telling them that they have been consistent in punishment? we are not talking about anyone being insulted here so why this come up? lolol

not forcing you to believe but none of us are friends?  since the players that play at high lvl are small, we know what is going on lol

if they want proof of innocence they can go talk to the accused, but main problem is gm even refuse to reply in support ticket. why are you asking us for proof of innocence when the accused is not here?? lolol funny but also a bit delusional. if gms want to clarify the case they can reply here or speak with people involved with cases zzz.

only punish when clearly happening hahaha. silly social player

Seirumors

kissass level 99 Ms. Sachi

from my bad english point of view, this thread was to talk about the unfairness of the ban and none of us is like doing this to have the GM unbanned the person.
At the most we are only hoping that GM would just look into the case again and to provide a proper explanation to the person on why she got banned.
Dismissing something merely based on one side of accusation isn't fair.

Yurneric

I bet people do not understand how data are logged, hence all the "u sez i wrong y u no show mi proof" jibber-jabber. I'm pretty sure when there's a hard evidence of wrong doings in the form of server logs, appealing is futile and a waste of everybody's time.

Quote from: Seirumors on Jul 13, 2020, 09:52 PM
At the most we are only hoping that GM would just look into the case again and to provide a proper explanation to the person on why she got banned.
Dismissing something merely based on one side of accusation isn't fair.

A proper explanation for a ban is always provided.

By the way, I want to ask this out of my curiosity - would you accept the same outcome if the GMs "look into the case again and to provide a proper explanation"? Or would you keep posting until the outcome changes into what pleases you?

liuYF

I didn't make this thread in hopes to appeal. I'm merely writing my review and experience as I quit the server, much like how we can leave reviews for things online. If they have a flaw, then it's nice to let people aware of it, right? That's up to their judgment if readers take it as a truth or dismiss it. I feel like it's fair to let people know what happened truthfully, whether you're coming here to check out the server, already part of the server, or just wanting to read. It is what it is, just a review, believe what you wish. However, if people request for screenshots of the exchanges related to X's case, then I can provide that since she's given me freedom to do what I want with it. Though they're not much, as the contents of the ticket are already stated in the thread, but if it's to let people know that the exchange is real, then sure. If people want to know about the other cases, screenshots have been passed around, if it concerns you enough, start digging around. I won't be dragging other people that still actively play here. I've seen the screenshot of exchanges with the GMs myself for all the cases I mentioned. Getting them to reopen the case was never my objective, but if they can offer clarification on these cases in however way they want, then that's great, that clears up what I personally wanted to know in the end. If they dismiss it just like that, then it's fine, too - let people make their own assumptions. This is merely a review, not an appeal for anything. To repeat, I agree with stated above, the PvM in this server is probably one of the best out there, and I've enjoyed my time in here, and I'm sure they won't miss a person leaving, but the administrations' attitude in general is what I don't approve of. If the slim chance that this review makes them change their ways in handling cases, then that's even better for everyone in the server. But maybe there's no such thing as bad publicity so /shrugs.

Quote from: Sachimi on Jul 13, 2020, 09:08 PM
Having a bunch of friends come b**** about this on the RMS forum doesn't make your case any more legitimate, especially because you aren't posting any proof of innocence. You can't have it both ways. The GM team acts on proof of wrongdoing, and they only punish when it's clearly happening. Having your friends come and post saying "Oh I KNOW they were innocent!!" does not mean anything.

Why are you reaching out to us to post proof of innocence, for as you say, make whatever legitimate, here? These matters should be settled between the people involved and the GMs. And I don't know any of the people replying in this thread, but I'm sure you won't believe me anyway. If this discussion counts as b**** as you put it, then might I recommend a self re-evaluation? Most of us here aren't doing any personal attacks on anyone, nor the server.

Quote from: Yurneric on Jul 13, 2020, 09:59 PM
I bet people do not understand how data are logged, hence all the "u sez i wrong y u no show mi proof" jibber-jabber. I'm pretty sure when there's a hard evidence of wrong doings in the form of server logs, appealing is futile and a waste of everybody's time.

Since you seem to be more knowledgeable about the matter, please enlighten us how can they check usage of macros/autoclickers in the server logs. As I stated previously, keystrokes that you can record in a keyboard/mouse software act just like regular keyboard and mouse movements, only that they're recorded into a single keybind, including delays. With the server wide, hard capped delay (even more so with Iduna) on skills per second that you can do, how can one prove if a person is using such? If the server logs exist for this, the claims are X has been using it for a long time, why did the action take such a long time as well? How do we know that we're not playing with people who macro, if they let them free for such long period of time?

Pretty much the only explanation that was provided are what's stated in the ticket.

Nick_Valentine

This server is going haywire. The "One on Top" has a Trump complex, thinking that everything is fine and shutting up any feedback. You can't argue with the guy since he will just leave you hanging and tell you to just go to another server. And it's not just me, a lot of people I've talked to share the same sentiment. They, like me, also played in this server for a long time. Some of them even older than me. They just can't talk about their opinions openly because of the backlash of the fanatics and the threat of being banned from their beloved server. I just hope that the "One on Top" accepts the errors in this server. The problem is that he does not want to acknowledge the problems faced by this server. I just hope that he changes or he gets replaced by Lance.

ihateragnarok

i don't know new accounts backing up a new account post just smells of fish and salt

the admins might be really dismissive and difficult to talk to but i don't think they ever ban accounts with just a discord screenshot as evidence

what probably happened was the screenshot made them look into that person's logs and found dubious activity

Sachimi

Macros and stuff can be checked manually, logs are for a lot of other information about input. Meaning, you can clearly and blatantly see when people use macros and other things by how they act in-game. Many years ago I learned to do it to look for bots, before they made anti-bot stuff for RO. Additionally, Gepard automatically checks for hardware that allows you to use built-in functions that violate Talon's rules.

Also LMAO if you think I'm kissing donkey, you should see the people who actually do it. I've been punished my fair share for violations. I am absolutely not on Boreas' good list.
On the same point here, nobody gets banned or even threatened with a ban for bringing up legitimate concerns in a non-confrontational way. Some of you coming in here like, "but I only said I wanted to know what happened" when in reality what you said was, "(The GM team) screwed up! You were wrong! TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHAT HAPPENED YOU A-HOLES!". It happens pretty often that salty people who got banned come demanding for their punishment to be reversed, and do it in the worst possible way. Swearing at the staff, other players, spamming their support tickets (it puts you at the bottom of the list when you do that), and of course, making "fair reviews" that are "so totally truthful and objective" on RMS forum.

Rolling my eyes so hard my optic nerve is gonna break. Ah well, another trash "review" to look back and laugh at. I'm out!
Enjoy the hall of shame for Talon reviews:
https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/talonro-how-you-can-end-ur-story-by-seeking-a-help-from-main-gm's/
https://forum.ratemyserver.net/junk-yard/bann/
https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/talonro-27434/
https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/talonro-pay-to-win
https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/talonro-not-lgbt-friendly
https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/talon-ro-gm-boreas-very-bad-person - LOL EVEN ADMITTED RMT
https://forum.ratemyserver.net/junk-yard/dont-play-talon-ro
https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/talonro-wahwah/ - Legit my fav "review".

liuYF

Quote from: Sachimi on Jul 14, 2020, 03:13 AM
Macros and stuff can be checked manually, logs are for a lot of other information about input. Meaning, you can clearly and blatantly see when people use macros and other things by how they act in-game. Many years ago I learned to do it to look for bots, before they made anti-bot stuff for RO. Additionally, Gepard automatically checks for hardware that allows you to use built-in functions that violate Talon's rules.

Also LMAO if you think I'm kissing donkey, you should see the people who actually do it. I've been punished my fair share for violations. I am absolutely not on Boreas' good list.
On the same point here, nobody gets banned or even threatened with a ban for bringing up legitimate concerns in a non-confrontational way. Some of you coming in here like, "but I only said I wanted to know what happened" when in reality what you said was, "(The GM team) screwed up! You were wrong! TELL ME RIGHT NOW WHAT HAPPENED YOU A-HOLES!". It happens pretty often that salty people who got banned come demanding for their punishment to be reversed, and do it in the worst possible way. Swearing at the staff, other players, spamming their support tickets (it puts you at the bottom of the list when you do that), and of course, making "fair reviews" that are "so totally truthful and objective" on RMS forum.

Please educate yourself on what you're talking about. We were talking about macros in relation to keybindings. Most of gaming keyboard/mouses today have their own software that allows you to do so, and if you think this should be detected by Gepard (it was until they fixed it, Razer Synapse?), then you're hopeless. Nobody is mentioning anything about bots here, though I'm also aware of using OTHER third party software to code a bot to do series of programmed actions. The keybindings are just series of repeated, recorded actions, how are they going to check that manually? Unless of course, they see a person brewing, they warp said person to town, and if said person keeps on brewing nor replies to any PM, then that's getting caught in the act. In what way will their logs show series of keyboard inputs to confirm macroing? And if the logs for this exist, again, I ask, why did it take this long for them to take action?

If the reviews and replies here sound that hostile to you, then I'm afraid you might need to find your way out. You have in no way answered other people's refutes to your previous statements, and you just kept on taking the review in a bad way. We're merely talking about how the GMs act here, I have no control over how other people reply, or what they think.

Quote from: Nick_Valentine on Jul 14, 2020, 02:35 AM
This server is going haywire. The "One on Top" has a Trump complex, thinking that everything is fine and shutting up any feedback. You can't argue with the guy since he will just leave you hanging and tell you to just go to another server. And it's not just me, a lot of people I've talked to share the same sentiment. They, like me, also played in this server for a long time. Some of them even older than me. They just can't talk about their opinions openly because of the backlash of the fanatics and the threat of being banned from their beloved server. I just hope that the "One on Top" accepts the errors in this server. The problem is that he does not want to acknowledge the problems faced by this server. I just hope that he changes or he gets replaced by Lance.

Sometimes, I honestly think the server doesn't deserve GM Lance. In all the times I've played, he's always been helpful, active, and he doesn't feel disconnected from the community, unlike the rest. The effort he puts in for the lores in Nightmare Rift and Battle of the Nine contents, when it's complete, I hope it finds its way in the website so we can all appreciate it. Coming up with new contents in varying difficulties, while also balancing the rewards (I've seen people whine about the rewards) so that it doesn't mess with the economy is definitely a lot of work. I can feel his passion doing all this for the players to enjoy. For that, I am grateful to him for making my time in this server wonderful.

Nubblyn

yes, i agree. its lance making it alive for more than a year. lance best gm  /no1 if lance didnt make valkyrie event, people still only gmc and et everyday. i also like how gm lance communicate with players that join his runs, very approachable and friendly

lol that other review tho. part of flower field  /heh

hum. still wondering why no comment.  no comment because we are not involved with case, but no talking with person in case too? all the message here are with good reason but still 0 response  /sob

Nick_Valentine

In my opinion (and other players' opinions too), Lance is a better GM than the "One on Top. Lance is open to opinions and feedbacks. Lance absorbs them and tries to integrate them in the game. Lance listens to the players, that is how a GM should lead.

Nubblyn

yes. he even ask for feedback and opinions on his runs. very approachable and accommodating too. thats why lance carries the server so much. while if u try to discuss with the admins, they will often dismiss or say "working as intended","came with iduna". he is a better representation of tro. how many players will be gone without his events? many veterans quit already. thats why if you ask old players, many will say their dislike for the current admin but nothing can do

tbh i feel like lance becomes a gm with passion and love for players while the current heads are burn out already running the server. that is the vibe they give

Seirumors

Yep totally agree with Lance being the one keeping the server alive with the interesting runs and actually communicate.

liuYF

This is how they take these criticisms on their part: dismissing them as rumors and treating it as a joke, whilst they don't offer any response here to refute our statements. Not in any point in the thread did we mention that they ban everyone that they can. That's completely off the point. They don't even respond here but would rather look good on their own discord server. Plus, when the thread got mentioned in the discord, they deleted the message. It's not like I didn't say anything good about the server.

https://imgur.com/YXCwTOH

So yeah, would be nice to have people aware of their true attitude.

Discord screenshot is unedited. Keks.