TalesRO

Started by vesper, Mar 27, 2020, 09:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vesper

Brief description about the server
- Low rate server(6x~10x)
- Renewal(EP 16.1 banquet for heroes)
- No limitation for leveling(no maximum level / no maximum stat)
- Custom feature : nothing(other than no maximum thing above)

1.Experimental concept

I think that unlimited concept combined low rate is amazing. Although leveling is little bit slow, each people can have dream inside their mind that they'll become super strong character.
Since most of recent updated skills has damage based on base level / base status, it is really fun to imagine what skill / what job would be best choice, and doing the process is really happy.
If you can make 300 level character, what would be best? GX? Ranger? It is your choice.

2.Absence of GM

Technically, GM works something with server, since he upload maintenance announcement on website every week.
However I was really disappointed by GM, because I've played this server at the very beginning, when GM advertised this server at RMS.
I can tell you some experience about that.

At the very beginning of this server,
I had client issue, which makes me cannot logon to the server. Usually I would give up and I would try to find different server, but I really liked the concept of this server.
So I wanted to solve client issue. However when I asked that issue in the discord. GM didn't answer at all.
Am I so urgent? No, I waited the answer for 1 week. Isn't it enough?

Eventually somehow I solved by myself(the solution was weird; I installed client to another server's client) and played the game.
Did I see GM afterward? No. not for few weeks.
I was disappointed about that, because I think active GM is most important feature for new server.
so I wrote a negative review on RMS. And I didn't want to play the server anymore because it seems that GM abandoned the server.

Funny thing was that, after few weeks later, I saw GM on discord.
He was blaming someone who wrote negative review about "How GM is not active" in server discord.
He looked angry, but I don't have much to say about that at the moment, since I was still really disappointed; The thing is, the question I asked on discord, that was still not answered.

After I saw GM was angry; there were two ideas on my head;
- Do you think you are active GM? I didn't see your answer about the client issue yet.(it was few weeks later after I asked the issue)
- Wow! GM is actually active on discord! the server is not abandoned! I will play the server again!!

I chose 2nd opinion; at that time I thought that maybe I had wrong idea about GM. And thought that I'll fix the review later(if I confirm that GM is active)

I played few weeks on the server.
I've seen some bugs / problems with cash shop. There are several things to be fixed;
However GM has not been online in discord after I saw that he was angry about my review.

People, including me, reported a lots of bugs and suggested many ideas for the server through website / discord both.
All the report / suggestions were not fixed at all.
In his weekly announcement, he doesn't say anything about player communication.

More interesting thing was that he didn't even kept the event deadline he announced every time.
He has not turned off event NPC at right time.

You may think "WHAT? EXTENDED EVENT NPC? ISN'T IT GREAT? WHY ARE YOU SO MAD ABOUT IT?"

There were several events but none of event were ended at the right time he announced. He always uploaded announcement much later and "we extended the event".
Not a single time he kept the announcement. I felt something was wrong.

Eventually, I decided not to play this server anymore.

I know that GM work is totally different from playing the game. Everything is harsh; when you become GM, it is about job.
I would understand GM, if he showed up at least once, and told us that he was busy with his own situation, but he didn't do that all.

It is not that hard to log on the server discord and say something about the situation. People would understand.

He still upload announcement on the server. but I won't believe him again. He is not active.
FYI, one of players donated over $1000. I think that money is enough to hire someone to help GM, but GM didn't do that. It is not about money, he is just lazy.