My EsperRO review.

Started by shiba, Jan 16, 2009, 06:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiba

I went through so many high rates trying to find a server that suited me. Then I found EsperRO and was happy to find something that matched my RO server tastes almost perfectly.

At first I thought it was great.
No donation items
Customs easily obtainable and not overpowered
Pretty balanced
255 max level 10000/10000/10000 rates
(which was exactly what I had been looking for, for the most part)
MVP room where you could spawn whatever MVP you'd like
PVP was fun
All in all, I really enjoyed my time there.

But....

I have never been to an RO server with such an impatient and immature admin. He nerfed some things (which was fine with me, I never complained) but I guess some users complained to him SO MUCH that he shut down the entire server for what he says "an indefinite amount of time".

QuoteI am sick of little whiny punks jumping down my throat because of a CHANGE, instead of making an actual case against it, so they can do without for the time being.

I understand why he would be upset, because I'm pretty impatient myself and have no tolerance for whiners.. but shutting the WHOLE server down?! I wish he was joking.

I think he's forgetting there's other players that play his server that DON'T complain and don't deserve to be punished along with them. But whatever, since he obviously doesn't want any players on his server, I'll take myself to a different server where the admin actually appreciates their players.

I would have posted my feelings about this on the EsperRO forums, but apparently he's disabled anyone from posting there.
Sigh.. guess I'm off to find a new server. I'm sick of going seeing great servers going to waste because of the staff running it.

Oh and if anyone from Esper sees this and is wondering who I am, I'm Evey, Tequila, Adios, Agent Mister, or "the only chick in the experience guild"

mickiedeez

that sucks....  PM me Shiba
Quote from: Temjin on Feb 16, 2010, 12:07 PM
You are a f*** idiot. Why you even bother to post here, I will never know. It is BEYOND ME.

Xarale

Sorry to hear that Shiba.  I can understand an Admin getting stressed out due to mass-complaints (I've been there before :P), but shutting down the server over it is a bit extreme.  The sad thing is, even if he puts the server back up, it'd be risky playing there again since there's a chance he might shut it down again over something petty.

Still, good luck finding a new server. :)