SolaceRO

Started by acquadigio, Dec 24, 2019, 12:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acquadigio

I've been in Renewal servers for the longest time and I felt a bit saturated so I tried to look for a low rate server. Last November, I saw their ads on Facebook and followed their page since then. I was skeptical of trying Pre-Re since I've been away from it and the official server in SEA has failed to big time (bots, inflation, bad economy).

What I first liked about this server is their website. It's beautiful and I'm not used to see servers with good websites unless they're very established like NovaRO. Another thing I like about this server is the modifications; it was logically modified based foreseeable issues. It's also almost rare to find competent developers from SEA so the popularity of Lynx in the Filipino community was also a plus point for me.

Stability: 10
Though there were hiccups in the beginning such as missing warp portals in Yuno which is totally okay since the game is in OBT.

Availability: 10
The server never crashed since it started. There were 2 server maintenance so far, which only lasted for 1 hour.

Friendliness: 7
Since majority of the players are Filipinos, you'd see different types of people in-game; as expected from a populated server.

Most players will try to speak in English if you speak in English.

Eventfulness: 10
There are a lot of events on their social media. GMs are considerate when it comes to time, they know that not all players are from SEA automated events also have Eastern time slots.

Economy: 10
Clip [1] for 600k, Matyr Leash for 200k, and Hydra Card for 2M. Economy is very healthy and the staff are doing their best to keep it that way.

The GMs don't please players by giving away so many items that are hurting the economy and what I like about them is that they're firm with their mission and vision. They don't easily bend just because a few players or guilds are whining about certain custom modifications. There was 1 suggestion where Lynx explained why he's declining on certain suggestions gracefully. They know when to be playful and when to become serious.

I also learned that SolaceRO closed down before because most of the players left to join another private server. Players told me that they regretted that decision eventually but it was already too late because Lynx has already decided to shut the server down. Most of the players in SolaceRO are the pioneering players from 2015.

SolaceRO is worth to try.

Neffletics

Thank you, Sir! The community is still very young and we still have a long way to go. We look forward to seeing you in sieges this coming February. 
solacero rip

acquadigio

Update:

Economy is still very good. I didn't expect this. It's pure nostalgia every time I browse the shops.

Stability has become better after they moved to Singapore since I'm from Malaysia. They're working on making a proxy for US and EU but I don't think it's going to help much.

SolaceRO is worth to try!

distilled1

Can someone let me know where this server is hosted please?
I'd like to know what kind of ping I would have while playing from the west coast of North America.

EDIT: I actually have two more questions.
1) It says no dual-clienting, but how does this server prevent players from getting around that with multiple devices, or with VPNs?
2) Is there anything you can obtain with real money/donation that isn't just a costume such as better ores for refining, mounts, or anything else that affects gameplay or gives players an advantage?

Thanks.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!

Neffletics

Quote from: distilled1 on Feb 17, 2020, 04:37 PM
Can someone let me know where this server is hosted please?
I'd like to know what kind of ping I would have while playing from the west coast of North America.

EDIT: I actually have two more questions.
1) It says no dual-clienting, but how does this server prevent players from getting around that with multiple devices, or with VPNs?
2) Is there anything you can obtain with real money/donation that isn't just a costume such as better ores for refining, mounts, or anything else that affects gameplay or gives players an advantage?

Thanks.

Hello, distilled1!

I'm Lynx, one of the developers of SolaceRO. Allow me to respond on behalf of the community...

RE: Latency

From North America, you'd get around 170ms - 210ms. We've implemented a proxy tunneling in the client but it's not really helping a lot. We still advise players to get their own premium VPN subscription if they can afford it.

We used to be hosted in Los Angeles but eventually moved to Singapore because 90% of the players are from the Philippines, Singapore, Indonesia, Malaysia, Dubai, and other middle-eastern countries.

RE: Dual logging

We cannot prevent them. People are wise and creative when it comes to cheating. But most of the players are mostly using their alt to endow themselves or to vend something. Despite the availability of @autotrade, they prefer staying online to receive Playtime Vouchers.

RE: Donation

Our donation is very balanced (at least in my opinion).  You only get potions, agi and bless scrolls, greed scroll, reset stones, neuralizer, gym pass, hairstyle coupon, clothing dye coupon, costume convert ticket, guild coin (to skip the guild creation quest), field manual, and bubble gum. Or you can purchase a Premium Ticket to subscribe to premium subscription.

Premium subscription gives you 50% bonus base and job exp for 30 days and access to premium-only commands such as @autotrade, @whosell, @whobuy, @hominfo, @lgp (Lite Graphic Plugin), and etc.

From time to time, we release a scroll that contains costumes that grant a bonus exp when worn.

---

What's unique with SolaceRO is that the community is very cooperating when it comes to the economy. They wouldn't do stupid things that would hurt the economy. Also, they're very generous, most newbies who ask help or beg for items are being entertained by a random veteran, most of the time they get pantie, undershirt, elemental weapon, and some starting zeny.
solacero rip

distilled1

Thank you very much for all the info, Lynx!
I appreciate it.
DOWN WITH MULTI-CLIENTING!