TalonRO - A thrilling server experience!

Started by Penance, Feb 02, 2020, 09:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Penance

TalonRO is without a doubt one of the best servers as far as pre-renewal goes (rates are 8x/8x/3x).  There's an abundance of things to do, including daily quests, monthly regions where monsters have double EXP and other rewards to encourage players to farm on different maps, daily events, a huge array of color palettes and hairstyles as well as an active PvE / PvP scene. Beyond the official RO mechanics and features, TalonRO has some extremely fun custom content such as GMC (Gamemaster Challenge) where players party up to face over a dozen challenging instances, Valkyrie: Battle of the Nine -- one of their latest story based PvM instances that pit players up against nine unique valkyrie bosses, and Wave Challenge (gauntlet style challenge with a timed / endless mode).

There are plenty of other things to praise, such as the wonderful community who are actively helping out new players both in-game and on Discord. Monthly updates introducing new seasonal events, QoL bugfixes, a plethora of costume boxes and new instances/quests. PvP is pretty active from what i've seen, but I can't speak much for it as I am generally more into the PvM aspect! There is a donation system but you can pretty much farm to get the stuff you need without spending a dime.

Stability: 9
Generally the server is stable for the most part, barely any hiccups from my end (based in EU) but i'm aware that lag is minimal for most regions as I don't see many complaints from the community.

Availability: 10
Besides their monthly server maintenance (which takes 15-20 minutes) it's always up and running without any issues.

Friendliness: 8
Multi-cultural server. Have a gander at their sub-forums (International) to see just how many players there are from all around the world. Almost everyone speaks English, given that there's a strict rule to speak in Enligsh on #main.

Eventfulness: 10
Events are daily. Due to their huge staff pool there are GMs hosting across all timezones and the variety of events hosted are commendable to say the least.

Economy: 10
The economy is incredibly stable considering the server has been up for well over 12 years thanks to their streamlined currency (Talon Coins), competitive market rates and minimal price inflation due to the amount of players active on here. This is important especially for new players, i'm actually quite impressed by this given the longevity of the server.

In conclusion, if you're looking for a server that will give you assurance of no wipes, a large playerbase / active community, low rates with a stress-free level progression (thanks to Eden Group), regular updates and monthly content -- this is the home for you! I have been playing here for well over 2+ years now and I have been loving every moment.

Eva

I've been on TalonRO since 2017 after my husband introduced me. My favorite thing about it has always been the helpful and friendly community.

I remember being a newbie and people giving me advice, helping me kill things to level (I was a FS priest!) Since I didn't play RO as a kid, at that time everything was very new to me. I will be forever grateful to the friends I've made along the way who helped show me how to play and who never let me stop following my dreams.

The motto of TalonRO is "Impossible is Nothing". Those words resonate with me because I've found that even now, in 2020, there are still new things to find out and do in this game. I can't think of any other game that maintained that sense of wonder.

Anyway, I hope you continue to enjoy your time here just as I have. Best wishes in all of your endeavors, and may the RNG roll ever in your favor.

-Eva

GMSeiren-tRO

Seiren here, using a new account as RMS didn't allow me to change my old account display name.  /hmm

Anyway, your review is much appreciated. It's good to see people enjoying the work we've been doing. There's still a lot to do after our conversion to rAthena (cough, SQIs), but hopefully we can exceed your expectations on all of that soon :)