ShiningMoon RO Warning to all new players thinking of playing on this server.

Started by kiryutokogami, Jun 02, 2021, 11:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

shiningMoonFan

just wanted to give a nice tl;dr in case people actually use this thread as a server review.

1. Helheim was a great concept, server is now dead mostly because flooding MVP cards w/ ECA event pissed everyone off.  Refine event also sucks.
2. Don't believe streams/videos that say there's 200-300+ active players, there are not.  Used to be the case, def not true anymore.
3. I think Lunar is a good guy and I don't believe this nonsense about corruption, no evidence for that and it's very unlikely.  Truth is MVPs were obtainable through ECA event and savvy players capitalized on getting truckloads of cards to get a decent amount of MVP cards.

I'm still hopeful Lunar starts something fresh in the future and doesn't ruin it.  Really like the party play encouragement and the custom content is pretty decent too.  Although if I drop the fking bucket in the well w/o tying it off one more time ahhhh why is my character retarded?!?!? /omg

Right now shiningmoonRO is a server on my watch list, but definitely not actively play on.  If there was a new shard/server announced with no ECA event and no refine event, I would be picking it back up in a heartbeat.

Luc the Luc

Bronco

Hi.
Oh boy thats alot.

i play on SM for about 2 Month now, before that i knew almost nothings about Renewal because i played on TalonRO (Pre-Re) for the past 10 Years.
i came here because i saw a youtube video praising it, and it was true what they said about it..

BUUUUUT! It's also true that the Server is bleeding players, thats not a secret, it's a topic in chat almost every day. when i started 2 month ago it was a blast, level parties everywhere, it was easy to level, now it's dead, almost no parties at all and we have an Event running with double Exp.
Maybe when the Server gets the 4th Job update it will generate enough hype but as of right now (15.06.21) it's pretty dead.
population shows Nif400 Hel600 but around 90% are Vends, some people have 10+ accounts with auto vends that inflate these numbers.

Content wise it's great, we have a mostly kRO like Server and a go crazy Server with iRO and jRO Gears (wich i play on), tons of quality of life stuff that other Servers hide behind a heavy Pay2Win Wall (looking at you Nova) and a mostly ballanced marked.

here comes the hot topic, MvP Cards: NO! you dont need anythings to get them, you can grind Zeny and buy pretty much every Card in the game, it's expensive but the option is there, you get a s*** of Bloody Branches, you can buy them for dirt cheap and use bubble gum+drop events to increase it's droprates to absurd levels. i dont see a problem here plus, some cards are cheap too, only the Top 5 META Cards have absurd high prices, the rest is easly optainable.

here is a little calculation for you: on TalonRO i had to farm 350 Hours to get 2x Megginjard for my End Build, to get a Kiehl Card on SM, it would take me around 200h and it's the #2 Card in the Game.

i dont see a problem here.

reads like: MAD CUZ WASTED MONEY QQ

HAGD Bronco.

Indomie

I'll leave this here /kis https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/smro!!!!!!/

Had to make an account just to put my little comment. I can know which one you are Ashe so you and your little minions can go back to your discord channel where you all try to be fake thugs. (STARES AT RUBYRIA,ELEK, ARUN AND DRUNK)

Like what OP said. This server is good at AT FIRST.. Grinding monsters (PvM server) for your gears, leveling even though there's really no people active enough to join you... Grind.. Grind... Grind... Then you slowly start to realize how much s*** this server has. Then you grind more

To be honest, most of the people here are pretty nice. You ask a question, someone answers (if there's someone online). Then there's these GEARED players who will answer you but at the same time make you feel dumb or they just straight up be sassy or troll you in the main chat with their bulls**t answers. These old/geared players are the most toxic ones who think they are privileged just coz they BOOST smRO's discord channel or friend's with ASHE (COUGHS WITH FACEMASK ON) who is RARELY ACTIVE INGAME (YES I'M LOOKING AT YOU Drunk,Tiger,Arun,Zil and the rest of the crew. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ALL ARE and i am not name dropping the rest) /ho

The GMs in this server?? lord oh lord. I don't have any complains with Nuit and Neko, both these GMs "WORK" and acts like GMs and would actually help you with your concern. Here comes this one Ashe. You can see her acting all tough and s*** on Discord, feeling all the power she has till one of her NEW FRIENDS starts complaining about something and she would be blabbing about it the whole day. YOU WILL RARELY SEE HER ONLINE UNLESS SHE JAILS VENDORS THAT ARE VENDING IN "WRONG AREAS" OF THE MAP BECAUSE SHE IS BORED AND IS BUSY AT WORK (WHAT WORK?). Go back to NovaRO where you came from and AFK there. You are a NOBODY and still is. Stick with your little doodles and maybe actually work IRL?  /heh

Elek you won't get away with this either. You know dang well you are useless just like your girlfriend Ashe. Literally chased clout because of Munbalance, became a GM and flirted with Ashe so now both y'all disappear at the same time because both of you started dramas around your friends? SHAKING MY DAMN HEAD. I'm feeling a little nice today so i won't be saying more about these dramas  /??

About this ECA event... LMAO. Removing it and changing how to obtain it 2 years after a lot of people complained when it first came out is ridiculous. THAT'S ALL I'M GONNA SAY BEFORE I ACTUALLY SPILL SOME HOT TEA.

STAY AWAY FROM THE CORRUPT HELHEIM SERVER, OR PLAY THE OTHER ONE WHERE THE NICEST PEOPLE ARE.   *WINK WINK*

Helheim: DRAMA, DRAMA, TOXIC, DRAMA

Niflheim: GRIND TO WIN, FREEDOM, NO ANNOYING GMS, DRAMA-FREE.

YOU PICK YOUR POISON.

PS: JUST WANNA SAY HI TO LOOOOONAR! HEY GIRL HEY!  /no1  /BO

STAY TUNED FOR MORE!!!! ONLY HERE AT THE INDOMIE SHOW.  /o

Luc the Luc

Quote from: Indomie on Jun 15, 2021, 04:38 PM
I'll leave this here /kis https://forum.ratemyserver.net/rant-and-rave/smro!!!!!!/

Had to make an account just to put my little comment. I can know which one you are Ashe so you and your little minions can go back to your discord channel where you all try to be fake thugs. (STARES AT RUBYRIA,ELEK, ARUN AND DRUNK)

Like what OP said. This server is good at AT FIRST.. Grinding monsters (PvM server) for your gears, leveling even though there's really no people active enough to join you... Grind.. Grind... Grind... Then you slowly start to realize how much s*** this server has. Then you grind more

To be honest, most of the people here are pretty nice. You ask a question, someone answers (if there's someone online). Then there's these GEARED players who will answer you but at the same time make you feel dumb or they just straight up be sassy or troll you in the main chat with their bulls**t answers. These old/geared players are the most toxic ones who think they are privileged just coz they BOOST smRO's discord channel or friend's with ASHE (COUGHS WITH FACEMASK ON) who is RARELY ACTIVE INGAME (YES I'M LOOKING AT YOU Drunk,Tiger,Arun,Zil and the rest of the crew. YOU KNOW WHO YOU ALL ARE and i am not name dropping the rest) /ho

You do realize how dumb you sound by saying X person is Y person minion...right? theres nothing like that and i woooooonder if you even have any proof of said "GEARED PLAYERS" trolling/ loooking down on you or other people

Quote from: Indomie on Jun 15, 2021, 04:38 PM
ILL RARELY SEE HER ONLINE UNLESS SHE JAILS VENDORS THAT ARE VENDING IN "WRONG AREAS" OF THE MAP BECAUSE SHE IS BORED AND IS BUSY AT WORK (WHAT WORK?). Go back to NovaRO

But thats her's job Ashe is a S U P P O R T G M she dc's those vendors because... well, they are in wrong areas, SMRO has a Area on the main town dedicated for Vendors (@Go Vending)  placing shops in other places in fortessa or near NPCs in other towns are what you would say "Wrong Areas"

Please next time consider showing any kind of proof that X person did Y thing

-Luc

P.S: if you really know, say which person here is Ashe i would really like to know /ok

Indomie

Quote from: Luc the Luc on Jun 15, 2021, 06:21 PM

You do realize how dumb you sound by saying X person is Y person minion...right? theres nothing like that and i woooooonder if you even have any proof of said "GEARED PLAYERS" trolling/ loooking down on you or other people

But thats her's job Ashe is a S U P P O R T G M she dc's those vendors because... well, they are in wrong areas, SMRO has a Area on the main town dedicated for Vendors (@Go Vending)  placing shops in other places in fortessa or near NPCs in other towns are what you would say "Wrong Areas"

Please next time consider showing any kind of proof that X person did Y thing

-Luc

P.S: if you really know, say which person here is Ashe i would really like to know /ok

Here's one of the minion. Luc and whichever toxic guild was that (Filthy Cashews?) is the only one talking in the #main channel. "Where's Luc?!" "Where Kim" "Where that" when they are both in the same guild and in the same map. That's how empty this server is.

SHE IS A SUPPORT GM AND SO IS THE REST OF THE TEAM. One of her friends complained about it saying (Well whenever i walk pass the vendors, their pub is in the way. AGAIN,NOT GONNA NAMEDROP) and in an instant she went, "Okay i'll DC those vendors" because apparently it's on the way. THERE WAS NEVER WRONG AREAS IN THAT SERVER AND WHERE TO VEND EXCEPT NEAR NPCS. Go check Niflheim yourself.

With a server that has 100 players. As a GM, you shouldn't be focusing on that issue. Instead, advertise the server and stop kissing your friend's behind instead of pulling the server down like what she did a year ago when she got in because she was yapping with Elek.

Your name looks new so i won't even share beef with you Syb. But you do be looking stupid and irrelevant with your responses defending your GM friend and end up your reply with -Luc  We all know it's you with your loud username /no1

Indomie

Clowns.... Go lick Lunar's pinky toe. Look at them patting each other's back just because they responded here. I smell private messages to get INCENTIVES  /gg
These are the same people that wanted ECA out and there's more of them :conan

-INDOMIE

yC

The topic had run its course.  Thanks for everyone's input.  We will keep the follow-up bashing out of here.