NFRO strikes back! :]

Started by Chibimoony, Nov 21, 2008, 08:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chibimoony

with all the bad publicity for the great server,i decided to make a review as of Nfro's current status :]

so let me do it the formal way xD

Server:
stability: 8
The server is not laggy but there are times like "Devil Square" event where it lags for abit but it's not that significant :]

availabilty: 10

The server surely is easy to download and to people's much more convenience,they fixed the patcher issue with windows vista pc's so now,people wont have a problem patching and playing their nfro :]

Friendliness: 10
This SeRvEr is NoT fRiEndLy at all!~~JK
It is,I myself is a friendly person especially to newbies and those who need help and for reals, i,as well as some players give out items too newbies to help start em up.
HOWEVER,
there's a different situation in pvp room:Im a real jerk inside pvp and so are alot of people, but yeah its PVP. We have the most hostile pvp room i think but trust me guys, even those who kill you 24/7 in there can be a good friend outside pvp :]

Speaking of PVP I would like to brag about the server's cool new pvp!
to those familiar with Dota,we have similar system in our pvp like streaks, god-like status thing and also we have this ranking system which is kinda like the reason why everyone keeps killing XD

Gamemasters:
Friendliness: 9

Well considering how they were able to cope up with all the BS some people who said about the server, i could say how patient they are and still trying to help everyone with all the problems the server has been through. yeah they are friendly.

"But they dont reply when im there!"
Don't get it wrong, trust me guys the only reason they would not reply at the moment cause they are fixing some stuffs which is causing trouble for the server. But when they have time,they'll surely reply and hang out with the people :]

Availability: 8
Well,to be honest the problems which happened before was partly cause of the GM's  let's say ummm "unavilability" but now the server already acted on this and the GM's even gave up their legits just to focus on the server.

"but i still dont see them on"
Well,if by some weird thing you cant see them, try doing the @request command, just type @request <problem or question> if they really aren't on ,you'll have to wait abit for them to reply and help you but if their there and just prolly hidden(prolly looking for bugs and fixing them>>no need to look for bots since we have a bot and hackshield :])they will reply and help you:]"

Helpfulness:1000000
Damn,what else would you call Fixing bugs 24/7 that would be the most helpful things the GM's can do not just for individuals for the whole community. People rant when they are not "helped" right away but actually the GMs are helping them in a much general way and not just them but the whole server pop. itself.

Gameplay:
Economy:9
The economy here is great and thriving. What else would you call it when non-donators are able to get donates just by hardwork and hunting but dont get me wrong, ITs a real lot of hardwork and it should be because for My noob character's sake those are !(@#(!@# donates. :]

Guild Competition:7
The server has a diverse number of guilds but the problem is some guilds are not woe-ing (includes mine :[[) but not to worry because the GM's are trying to allow more players and guilds to woe and for our growing population of 120, i could say that the woe's are competetive (there's some leet people whom i know in-game who dont pvp at all but kick everyone's asses in woe so if your up for a fight,i suggest trying it :])

Class balance: 7
well i couldn't say its totally balanced since some classes are ridiculously strong BUT, yeah they can still be pawned.

"They are too Powerful!when the spam*insert skill* im pooned"
yeah of course i die of this too, BUT that's what makes it fun. When there's this uberpowerful guy in some "overpowered" class poons you, you start to think of some ways(changing gears and stuff,changing stats if your desperate enough lol) to counter him at least or pawn him hands down and when you succeed,there's no feeling like looking at that guys sprite and /e4 LOLOL XD

NOWW FOR THE FUN PART!:]
i wanna talk about the server's innovation and new things:
*the elecon shield- its like a software added to the client which prevents botting/hacking *hopes prevents scamming too lol*
it's a real good thing for the server to have because not just it lessens the problems but it also gives time for the GMs to focus on something worthwhile and could actually improve the game itself.

*custom town pvp- The GMs developed a custom woe occuring in the server's main town,lumian, which is parallel to woe S.E. system(which the server also implements). The Admin is still perfecting it and fixing for some stuff but it already can be played at the moment

WOE S.E- the new woe system that implements not using of ygg's and use of barricades and guardian stones to fortify server defenses which happens in new maps and castles (sch and arunafeltz *hard to spell the sch one x.x*)but unlike the custom town pvp ,this one is already "perfect" and fixed or let's say there's still a bug, lets say its not that significant since no one have reported such stuffs about em.

Donation Trader-its the NPC used by non-donators and donators to buy and sell donates which makes the economy really thriving. One good innovation they made in it was the "trader logs" option which allows you to check where your items has been going to (really useful because of it we just caught my friend's acct hacker and gets banned right away,hopefully GM's will return the stuffs*still waiting for their answer*)xD

Endless Tower-dun dun dun, a 100+ floors of pure mob killing and party fun, sure it was tiring but the loots you get are awesome,i tried it with some players and we got all the way to the top,sadly dying against seiger (like 5 of our party members d/ced due to their internet cafe's sucky connection -,-)
But try it!its real fun ;D

Thats about all i can remember at the moment and dont worry because hopefully,ill add more stuffs about the server especially with this message from the admin:

Post Project Spread NFRO
As i announced ingame, we need to rise the server poppulation, and this also comes with some rewards.

When the server pop rises over 200 : I'll implement a faction system and a Weekly woe that gives KP to the guilds that holds castles for more than one woe.

When the server pop rises over 300 : I'll set a Woe rank, in the end of the month will take the guild with most points (castles held per woe = 1 point each castle) will earn ONE random donation items (that include set parts).

When the server pop rises over 500: I'll change the way you guys play ragnarok online forever /gg (super secret project).

Note that the server pop means PLAYABLE characters, autovenders are not included.

Let's go guys!

:] thanks to everyone who reads this

to everyone from nfro,instead of making multiple reviews,please just post on this one to prevent "review spamming" k thanks lol

Descent

Cool, so rather than develop for the good of the server, they'll only do it when they get a certain amount of players.

Nothing says "I care" like halting development until enough players join.

Chibimoony

nah,i dont think hes halting them because of being selfish but its because the server is still small, i mean the updates he will implement are mostly focused on woe and ++number of people and KP are kafra points or donation,if he implements it with the small population atm (100-140) there could be an overflow of donates if the powerful ones decide to make one guild to hog all the donates and that would kill the economy and reduce value of the donates.

Aeth

Lol I'm a Vista user and I never had an issue installing the client to begin with. >____>; I don't get why some do and some don't.

Lovely review though, so detailled! *_*

Chibimoony

they say vista treats the patcher as "trojan downloader" well idk :x im using xp xD thanks XD

You

Quote from: Chibimoony on Nov 21, 2008, 10:07 PM
nah,i dont think hes halting them because of being selfish but its because the server is still small, i mean the updates he will implement are mostly focused on woe and ++number of people and KP are kafra points or donation,if he implements it with the small population atm (100-140) there could be an overflow of donates if the powerful ones decide to make one guild to hog all the donates and that would kill the economy and reduce value of the donates.

If an abundance of donation items is game-destroying, there's a problem with your donation system.

Aeth

Quote from: You on Nov 22, 2008, 09:40 AM
Quote from: Chibimoony on Nov 21, 2008, 10:07 PM

If an abundance of donation items is game-destroying, there's a problem with your donation system.
I think the abundance of donations is fine here.

But yes.... They are kinda cheap except for the two new sets. =[

Kunai

I'm not 100% sure on this, but did you post a review of your own server?

Or is the bolded part from a quote?

GM-Ymir

Quote from: Chibimoony on Nov 21, 2008, 08:48 PM
When the server pop rises over 500: I'll change the way you guys play ragnarok online forever /gg (super secret project).

LOL!!! If that works, I'll have to try it out. HAHAHAHA
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)

Loki

Quote from: Kunai on Nov 23, 2008, 08:49 PM

Quote from: Chibimoony on Nov 21, 2008, 08:48 PM

Thats about all i can remember at the moment and dont worry because hopefully,ill add more stuffs about the server especially with this message from the admin:

Post Project Spread NFRO
As i announced ingame, we need to rise the server poppulation, and this also comes with some rewards.

When the server pop rises over 200 : I'll implement a faction system and a Weekly woe that gives KP to the guilds that holds castles for more than one woe.

When the server pop rises over 300 : I'll set a Woe rank, in the end of the month will take the guild with most points (castles held per woe = 1 point each castle) will earn ONE random donation items (that include set parts).

Note that the server pop means PLAYABLE characters, autovenders are not included.

Let's go guys!

:] thanks to everyone who reads this

:)

Yeay. This is what I call a review. No bs and flames.
QuoteWhatever floats your boat.

Chibimoony

Quote from: Kunai on Nov 23, 2008, 08:49 PM

sorry for late reply,no its not my server,i just quoted a post of the admin in our own forums.