Ymir-RO

Started by Head Monocle of DOOM, Nov 19, 2008, 12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Head Monocle of DOOM

Ymir-RO, where to begin there are so many good things about this server.

Well to start with folks I started this task of reviewing Ymir-RO based on reading the previous two or three (I forgot) reviews on this server and their widely mixed feelings.

First nearly everyone GM or not is friendly and helpful. The occasional rude person does show up and is approprietly delt with with punishments to fit crimes.

Two GM's I see regularly sitting around Prontera are Ymir himself and Loki. Both are available for questions and often make server wide statements so that people not sitting around in prontera are aware of their existance.

Overall the player interaction be it PVP or just hanging around in Prontera is quite enjoyable. Occasionally the conversation may get out of hand but that can be said of anything interwebs related as any RMS regular can vouch.

Events are held frequently. The night before my writing this review I believe three or so were held withing the space of a few hours. The events were geared towards higher level players I think but most of the people online at the time were as such.

I've yet to see a WoE but I did hear from Ymir that they are working on setting up America friendly WoE times. I'm guessing that they will be alongside the already existing WoE times so that everyone's happy. Many of the Regulars appear to be from one of 4 or 5 guilds. It's hard for me to keep tabs on all the people that run through. Even still there are several players that are not part of guilds.

The server is hardly (if ever?) down and there no lag minus long distance lag. Server base is nearly on the otherside of the planet from where I am.

I'll post the screenshots I took if I need to. I dont feel like sorting though and editing 75+ pics without needing to.
Proof or it didn't happen.
All server reviews are based on a reviewers experience.
This is how negative server reviews work.
Eddy, carrots are good for your eyes, can it dial a phone.

Orange

@uptime shows its been up for 8 days.

Nice review :D i agree with most of it, and i believe Ymir should hold some more events for everyone :(
*Like alot are mvp/pvp events, most people are to weak for em
:3

GM-Ymir

Quote from: Orange on Nov 19, 2008, 01:52 PM
@uptime shows its been up for 8 days.

Nice review :D i agree with most of it, and i believe Ymir should hold some more events for everyone :(

Yeah, true. We did have downtime for about 5-10 minutes, because we were adding new features ^_^
I try and hold as many events as I possibly can, but there needs to be rest periods! ... lol
Come visit my server at (www.Ymir-RO.net)