Dreamer-Ro

Started by xinertiax, Nov 05, 2008, 01:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

xinertiax

Brand new server which opened on the first of November!

Dreamer started to take a whole new different look at how RO should feel to the players. 

Rates reaching 8000/8000/3000, players can cap within a day or two maybe 3 hours a day (if you know what your doing).  Mvp rares are also dropping at a whopping 3% so the stress can decrease from hunting these bad boys.  With a max level cap of 500/120, players can imerse in a great pvp.  Doesn't stop there, dreamer also included a Hero system where the player goes through vigourus tasks to accomplish to become beyond transcended.  Reaching Hero, the player can also continue doing the hero gear quests where the armour/weapon is stronger by ten folds of the average gear.  Making it +10 is no simple task either.  Each weapon has its own quest to acknowledge and its not easy.  Don't think for a second that MVP's are a easy snatch n go either.  The server just recently implamented @mobsearch to help players find the MVP so they don't waste their time.  Though its implamented, it does not show the coordinates of the MVP but rather tell you if its alive or dead.  Great part on the GM's part but theres a downside to this as well.  By introducing the @mobsearch command, many players become lazy to spend their time to warp around or walk the map to find the monster.  Now if a new player found the MVP and a hero player (just an example) uses the @mobsearch, thers no chance for the new player to win it to his belongings.  Now towards pvp.  The game is an arena pvp (not world PVP) so you can only kill players inside the arenas.  So far everythings been fine except a few twists that are currently going through a few speculations.  The @duel command allows player for a great mano o mano to see whos more superior.  Though this is great, the winner levels up!  This too has its downs as of recent, players have been abusing this to get to max level within minutes.  The creator class (a fine example of a tweak in need) with a powerful homun (which isnt capped at 99) can do a rediculous amount of damage before dying.  Acid bottles can be sold at the mall which decreases the amount of time spent on hunting ingredients (Poison bottles as well).  Such an action always has two sides to the same coin.  If removed from mall, a custom map called Royal Chambers has all the items needed to be dropped for the ingredients.  The after delay on skills has been decreased slightly (not many people notice unless your hardcore) so nothings wrong there.  The game never went into woe stage before I left because it was still being in the works on woe times and maybe Woe 2.0.  Right now the game is very up to date with patches and updates.  Donation items are included by paying or voteing for coins.  So if you think you want one of them shiney helments or auras, just vote every 12 hours for a coin. 

Many things of the server still needs improvements but all in all, the server is great for starters or veterns who just want to over whelm in a low populated server.  Population on average is roughly 25 during the day and 30 in the evenings (GMT -7 time).  Dont let this stop you from joining either, because its a brand new server, it needs players to devote themselves to stay for new players to see what this can become in the near future.  The market.  The backbone of the server.  Its bland.  Empty.  New for the brand new vendors.  Prices have not been writen in stone yet, so race to the finish and find rares and market them!  Good luck!

Just a note, I did NOT leave the server because of GMs.  GMs are pretty much available 20/7.  Sometimes they can't be there, its inevitable.  Events are held almost every day but mostly quizzes so far.  I expect they'll do more in the near future such as pvps or gvgs for great prizes.  No corrupted GMs (so far) and the bottingon the server is nill.  They keep it clean, so do the players who catch them.

To me, this server is a 7/10.  I wont list my dislikes as its showing what I dislike basically.  Final note to new players looking for a new home to play.  Patience is key to this server as the population isnt so great looking.  The community is very nice (so far) so you can expect great things from them.

Chimichanga

The server runs on Eathena which imo, is quite flawed. Also, when i played their server, their autoloot command didn't even work and their promise of customs...well, it didnt live up anywhere near to my expectations because initially, they didn't have it. This also another server that uses voting bots b/c prior to the opening, they were tenth place with 1k+ votes. I'm aware of the fact that i will get flamed for this, but those are my 2 cents and my one-week experience of playing that server. In a way, Dreamer-Ro is a like Spiritus minus the customs. The community is quite nice and it might be due to my annoyance of asking too many questions, but the GMs ignored me after i asked a couple. They also boasted a mvp arena which apparently doesn't exist. Great website layout though. 7/10?

aaastrokid

Autoloot command was fixed buddy.

Chimichanga

Sure......two weeks after the opening.