ROnin Lives review, if you want to call it that.

Started by Fuka, Oct 25, 2008, 10:47 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fuka

RMS Page
I try to sign up for this server's forum, it's been a week and I'm still waiting on the verification email.  :-\ Why do they delist RMS page if server is up? Now I have to make a topic.  :( From what little I can see of the forum, most of the reviews are from gm. I guess i wont play this server. They dont want me.  :-X

I currently need a server to play.

Hutchy

Their page in the server advertisement thing says they weren't completely open yet, so that might be why.

Fuka

Everytime I see the forum page, this is new person. :/
"Our members have made a total of ### posts
We have ## registered members
The newest member is ____"
They look open, they have bulletins and news :/

Descent

If their server admin has to approve and verify every registration, then that may explain the wait.

You could always try PMing one of the staffers on RMS, the admin is known as "RoninServer". I also have him on MSN, if you like, I could ask him for you if I see him on.

Fuka

That doesn't explain the wait, other people have been approved after I registered. :(

trueblueali

Hi Fuka.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but yes we still are a closed server at the moment. You see all these people registering because we are letting in referred, select people right now, which is why our RMS isn't up. Its nothing personal!

I hope to see you again in the near future, but if not, good luck on your search for a new server. <3

~Ali

Fuka

Quote from: trueblueali on Oct 25, 2008, 03:25 PM
Hi Fuka.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but yes we still are a closed server at the moment. You see all these people registering because we are letting in referred, select people right now, which is why our RMS isn't up. Its nothing personal!

I hope to see you again in the near future, but if not, good luck on your search for a new server. <3

~Ali
Then why advertise on RMS and have reviews?  :-\

GM-Robby

Hey Fuka, we are sorry, we thought that the advertisement had been taken down... please pm me and we will see if our server will fit your playing needs. I understand if you are past the point of wanting to play here, and if that is the case good luck in your search for a Low rate.

GM Robby
If an injury has to be done to a man it should be so severe that his vengeance need not be feared.~Niccolo Machiavelli

Fuka

it was taken down after I posted this, But your RMS page is still up. If your server is not open to the public, you shouldn't have reviews.  :-\ Your picking who gets to write reviews, thats just being biased.

trueblueali

Fuka,

After reading your message, I and two other GMs searched on RMS personally and did not find our server listed on RMS. The only way to get there is through the direct link you posted at the top of this page (which I'm curious on how you got that). It has been that way for a while.

We had our server up to write reviews before because we thought we were going to be open much sooner. We got concerned that people would be irritated at us actively reloading scripts and such, so we decided to close our server off while we worked on it, while letting some players run around and test for lag issues and bugs.

If you have other concerns, you are more than welcome to PM one of us.

Happy hunting,

~Ali

Fuka

I got your RMS page from the button on your website. You should have it deleted, since those reviews are just from the people 'testing' it.  :-\

trueblueali

People cant write reviews, so what does it matter if we have our button up or not? No one has written a review in over two weeks because we've disabled it and closed the server off.

I, personally, apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you, but there is nothing left for us to say about this matter. We've all said our peace.

~ali

Fuka

... noone is answering my question. why do you get to keep reviews if the server isn't up?

Hutchy

I would assume that because their page was delisted, those reviews are no longer valid.

Descent

Quote from: Fuka on Oct 25, 2008, 09:47 PM
... noone is answering my question. why do you get to keep reviews if the server isn't up?

Why are you still going on about it? They explained it.

Joshy_1289

Hi ^_^

Just wanted to say something, I'm not quite sure why you would think our reviews are not valid. Our server only has reviews by Current Players. The Review listing is only provided through direct link of our own website, the only way to access or find our website is through word of mouth, or extensive accidental stumbling on Google... The Reviews on our listing is for our players sakes, no one else. That leaves me with a few questions?

1. How did you even hear about us? We deleted our advert, we are delisted, and members ask us before inviting friends.

2. I read your LR server search, plenty of opened well qualified servers sent you links, why not accept theirs?

3. Why search aimlessly to find a Beta Testing Server, then report them, then get offended because we supposedly denied you?

We have no problems allowing you into our community, all non members have the right to view and post in the Novice Castle area. If you needed approval, you should of followed the directions the page gave you. It simply stated to verify your account simply post a Message introducing yourself to the rest of ROnin. Staff would then have seen you were a new member activated your account and you could of proceeded in posting on the forums in other restricted areas. Also, another way to do this is, simply make a character come in game and talk to a GM. There is a gm in game 90% of the time, and if not there will be a Forum Mod in game. All of the staff have Legits, and the people who aren't staff are very welcoming and would have welcomed you to the community just fine.

I guess the moral of my Lecture is...
RateMyServer is a great place to post problems, reports, and reviews when all else fails. After attempting to register, after PMing a GM or other Forum Staff member, and/or after coming in game to see if someone could help you, would it been a good idea to post here on RateMyServer.

If you would still like to join us, please come to the forums once again, register WITHOUT using an OBVIOUS PROXY and we will approve you, we love having new members!!!

Everyone is Treated Equally on our server, Its what makes ROnin a great server.

(This message was not intended to speak for ROnin or ROnin staff members, this is just Me speaking directly with FUKA on the matter...)

Hutchy

Quote from: Joshy_1289 on Oct 28, 2008, 04:41 PM
Just wanted to say something, I'm not quite sure why you would think out reviews are not valid.

I know I'll probably get b**** at for my input but I think what he means is not that they're like... invalid, but why reviews are up if the server listing is down. That's how I interpreted it anyway.

Joshy_1289

All Im gonna say is...

You CAN NOT Post Reviews, You CAN NOT Read them, You CAN NOT See our Listing, and you dont know its there unless you know about ROnin Personally!

No B****ing see~

<3

I hope this clears up this topic completely!

You

Quote from: Joshy_1289 on Oct 28, 2008, 05:00 PM
All Im gonna say is...

You CAN NOT Post Reviews, You CAN NOT Read them, You CAN NOT See our Listing, and you dont know its there unless you know about ROnin Personally!

you can only get to a delisted server's review page if someone links you there directly

anyway ima just lock this cause it seems rather out of hand....