Review of Return to Morroc (Sadly, more bad than good)

Started by Minatoaquades, Aug 05, 2023, 03:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Minatoaquades

Known troll? Lol who is spreading lies now. Funny admin. Cant dispute my claims properly and resulted to try and attack my character instead.

First of all, never played ragna0, second i never worked with any private servers, third, you banned the wrong person on discord i am not minato on discord lol.

But this just further proves how egotistic you are thinking im just a troll just because i complain about how poor your work or lack of work is on the server.

You posted a video about unchained assassin clearing end game content? Wow must be so legit that you literally have to purposely hide your gears and not show any stats nor skills in the video. Because we all know you definitely did not clear the end game content without impossible to get gears / edited gears / all max upgraded gears with multiple mvp cards  /heh 

I have to agree with you though that in your perspective, you can clear any end game content solo, but i dont think normal players have access to gm commands and can generate max gears by the typing commands.

I challenge you to post every job clearing end game content solo and show gears that are achievable by a normal player who plays maybe 6 or 7 hours a day. See how good your class balance system is.

I would not call you an all talk no work admin without any basis, and you clearly wouldnt feel so insecure about it, if you know your actions are opposite of the fact.

Blindly accusing people and trying to make them look less credible only shows how true the statements are.

If I were in your position, and im not an egotistic person, i would simply dispute these claims by proving the statement wrong and post video proofs. (Eg: classes are balance - post a vid of all the classes with attainable stats and gears clearing end game 140-150 content with ease)

Remember what you said about why you are senselessly destroying viable builds on other classes instead of making adjustments to the game content itself? (Its more work to buff monsters so ill just kill builds with nerfs instead)

Thats not really going to work on a game lol. An owner who takes the easy way out with disregard of player enjoyment just to make things easier for him is never going to output a great game.

But who cares right? Whats important is you are releasing 3 more new jobs hurray! Who cares if more than half of the current jobs arent viable to solo end game, after all, it takes less work to release new jobs instead of fixing the existing classes.  /no1 

Minatoaquades

Quote from: admornstein on Sep 10, 2023, 03:23 PMClaiming an admin "is all talk and no work" when we have weekly patches with fixes and content is a sick joke that I will continue laughing at when I come back here. This poster is clearly on a crusade to tarnish our server with lies and deceit.

Btw you should also search the meaning of patches and fixes. There are no weekly fixes and patches, only weekly changes. Some good changes most are changes for the worse.

Example, the issue of not all jobs being viable end game, then finally, Sinners and illusionists have found builds that let them feel like Legends, NR, GK. After a week, you "FIXED" those classes by making them not viable again  /heh  i consider that dumb decision rather than fixing to be honest.

Theres a reason why my friends who does end game content in that game all do it in a party and have to wait for each other in order to run the end game dungeons, its because they cant solo it. These people are in the game since beta btw. They still havent lost hope and still playing thats why i know whats happening  /no1

2k2

Quote from: admornstein on Sep 10, 2023, 03:23 PMWhile I know this happens, may I ask, have you given PRM a try or going by what the person said?

I was talking more in general about those bold highly customized projects where server administration is more or like the same, as I tried some of them and they were all the same regarding the server admin and all ended having the same problems on ended the same way. Haven't played PRM yet (although been wanting to for a couple months now, just have zero time for games in the last 6 months) so all I can say is about my general experience with this kind of server without addressing directly to your server.

Hopefully your server is the exception of this rule, because the community would benefit a lot having an stable overhauled RO.
Find me here:

tellowflash

Hi @admornstein, I am writing this to you since someone told me I'm getting accused of something I haven't done. I am the "Minato" you banned on your discord writing to you, the guy's name is "Minatoaquades" and you just assumed I'm him, why? you can have the admin here on forums check for IPs used to login on this account and that one and I assure you that it won't match. Please don't spread lies that I'm that dude.

Please don't badmouth me just because that dude is also named "Minato", we're not the same person. I won't care about the ban you did on my discord on your discord group since I don't play your server anyway (less than 30minutes), but please don't stick me on your issue, I did not copyright the name Minato, and there are thousands more that is named "Minato". Thank you.

Note: Please stop assuming I'm that dude while I barely played your server for less than an hour, and coincidentally was also on your discord. I can also message you my username on your game and check the ip if you know that dude's username on your server and to cross-check the IP. PLEASE don't mention me on this mess and don't mention anything about my past servers since it won't help your cause on this.

Leonheart

Quote from: Minatoaquades on Sep 10, 2023, 02:11 AMThat is true on most cases not on this server lol.

The owner kept on tooting his own horn on how he thinks he has done wonderful job on the server despite balance still practically non existent. Its one thing to work on things and improve it and its another thing to keep on destroying classes without improving other aspects.

Hes basically all talk, no work. He keeps saying that he wants ALL CONTENT on RTM to be soloable by everyone, he wants every mob to be "souls like" which means mechanic heavy and fun experience to fight.

What we actually get is only 3 or 4 classes can solo end game dungeons 2 of those requires ultra expensive gears, we have mobs that are basically just pure stat sticks no mechanics.

Some of the classes are still broken up to this day, but hey! Who cares? 3 more new classes are coming so amazing job for the owner! He is so amazing he considers releasing new classes should be prioritized than balancing the existing ones!

I also like the fact that he kept on insisting how some classes are in a goodspot but without proofs lol.

Kinda like a salesman saying check out this bmx bike it runs faster than a ferrari but you just need to trust me on that one.

I did give it a chance, sadly, with the way things are going, The server will never achieve the good vision the owner has all because he doesnt want to put in the work to achieve it.

He definitely will become a good politician in some third world country though, with all his promises for a great future and zero work.

well im not against you on that case, but like i said, I fully understand that the moment I jump into fully customized server, I will face a risk of uncertainty. Because this is RO and not RO on the same time it very difficult to have the same perception even between player base. What you think best is based on your vision, not the owner's vision. I will not blame you for leaving the server and maybe hundreds of players. He still the owner of the server and the one making the decision. I believe based on my years exp, even tho he does change anything you are asked for, another player will make this kind of post from a different perspective.
The problem of RO PS right now is, the "stable version" is boring and will likely to lose player base, in the other side, fully customized server is, well - full of controversy. The game is too old and will be difficult for everyone.

I also cant blame the owner to make the server as what he dreams of. It's like producing a music with new genre. Some people will love it, some people will not. Maybe it's only the ego of the songwriter, let it be. Just skip the song and listen to another song.

I love some servers, I hate some, I mad and leave many time. But I always understand that no point to complaint on fully customized server. I will honestly rate the RTM as decent based on my perception of how this server should be. I only play there 2 months tho, left last month coz of time management forcing me to.

Good luck for everyone.
Cheers.

deadcore who

Quote from: tellowflash on Sep 12, 2023, 05:52 AMHi @admornstein, I am writing this to you since someone told me I'm getting accused of something I haven't done. I am the "Minato" you banned on your discord writing to you, the guy's name is "Minatoaquades" and you just assumed I'm him, why? you can have the admin here on forums check for IPs used to login on this account and that one and I assure you that it won't match. Please don't spread lies that I'm that dude.

Please don't badmouth me just because that dude is also named "Minato", we're not the same person. I won't care about the ban you did on my discord on your discord group since I don't play your server anyway (less than 30minutes), but please don't stick me on your issue, I did not copyright the name Minato, and there are thousands more that is named "Minato". Thank you.

Note: Please stop assuming I'm that dude while I barely played your server for less than an hour, and coincidentally was also on your discord. I can also message you my username on your game and check the ip if you know that dude's username on your server and to cross-check the IP. PLEASE don't mention me on this mess and don't mention anything about my past servers since it won't help your cause on this.

Unfortunately this is now standard behavior for RTM owner after the disastrous 1.1 patch when he learnt first hand that if he f*** his own passion project up with an untested and unpolished patch (great ideas, just untested, broken and buggy code and numbers) people will rage. I think 1.1 patch release and the ensuing backlash broke his mind, he's been lashing out blindly non-stop and picking/accepting fights with just about anybody. After which he gets criticized or flamed for good reasons or for nonsensical ones, then he bans the people he picked a fight with. Never forget when he banned a prominent community member for RMT then reversed the ban ~2 days later without any apology. Or him flipping out over an artist missing a deadline and firing them. You can find all this information on RTM Discord, and it's actually yikes tbh.

Despite all that, RTM is still an excellent server to play so long as you know to avoid interacting with the server owner aside from reading patch notes to prepare for the worst (like when it's time to sell all your gear because the owner is killing your class). He's on a pretty wild power trip and it doesn't look like it's ending any time soon, based on his responses here and his posts on Discord.

chimaeragryph

Quote from: deadcore who on Sep 13, 2023, 08:03 AMuntested
Blatantly false. It was tested extensively but the problem existed on the live server while it did not exist on the test server.

Quote from: deadcore who on Sep 13, 2023, 08:03 AMNever forget when he banned a prominent community member for RMT then reversed the ban ~2 days later without any apology.
100% lie.

Quote from: deadcore who on Sep 13, 2023, 08:03 AMOr him flipping out over an artist missing a deadline and firing them.

You and I have a different definition of "flipping out", I think.

If you're going to criticize at least pick things to criticize that are true.

Slap

Funny how the ones defending the server are the same kissasses in his discord channel.

Anyways. A lot of people quit because of these non-stop weekly changes. Even the new people coming in are so confused as to what class to pick. They choose one job then some skill or stat gets nerfed or changed onto something. It's a weekly thing now it's making people actually quit.

People who play nonstop with no life are the ones killing this server, that's all i see this is. Goodbye PRM, it was nice when there was 600 people playing including vendors, now it's what? 350 including vendors?  /heh

deadcore who

Quote from: chimaeragryph on Sep 13, 2023, 12:05 PMBlatantly false. It was tested extensively but the problem existed on the live server while it did not exist on the test server.

100% lie.

1. Love how you skipped the many messages all over Discord where the server owner himself specifically mentions he has no time to test all the classes, made a mistake, had to revert the changes. His own words. Nice cherry picking there.

2. Ah yes, the official apology that's started from "Don't question me I did my research and I'm right anyway" to "Opps, I received undeniable evidence that I f*** up, not gonna say sorry tho here's your unban". Post the rest of the post, you coward.

3. Artists work for months to deliver commissions sometimes, and this was afaik the one and only missed deadline by Ayami. If that doesn't count as a flip out I don't know what does. For more context, read the conversation where some players provided coding advice for rAthena which led to the server owner admitting that "he hates working with other people".

To everyone else, this is a great example of what the RTM Discord is like btw. Fanboy asskissing fanaticals going all "Server Owner should ignore everyone else (but me) and just do what he wants (So long as he doesn't nerf my class)" while the rest of us are resigned over it all and just focusing on playing the game as best as we can. That and a lot of people are taking indefinite breaks until the drama dies down.

When all is said and done, the server's fun. Design is creative, unique and fun. People SHOULD try the server. BUT.

Server owner's not in a good place mentally as is evident in all of his online interactions. He's also lacking quite a bit of fundamental social skills / emotional maturity and the ability to lead and manage a team. Not a good look for the server, but you can always choose to ignore Discord and just play the game.

Smug Kot

"wow sure that is a lot of bashing to the server..." you guys can stick to those mass produced vanilla ro server and lmao renewal  /heh

Server is great and invite everyone to give it a try~  /kis2

Felione

Quote from: admornstein on Sep 10, 2023, 04:56 PMI just got reports that Minato is the guy who worked with Lai in the past.

Suddenly it all makes sense. What a joke.

This troll made good points throughout the read that I would agree with. I started your server in it's early open stages, and it was quite disappointing to play something that I thought I would like to play. I was offered trivial ideas and builds that I disliked overall, and I was informed that healing is not an option, at all.

The server played like a 1x server, but you were forced to farm each mob individually, or die trying. I understand your server was meant to be a custom experience, but the fundamentals of an MMO are slightly missing here. If I recall, this was supposed to be a solo experience, when in fact, you are punished for party play, making it significantly longer to do anything. So in essence, it's a tedious solo experience, where specific classes can do specific content.

I tried about four class types before I moved on from your server, and it wasn't because a troll told me things are unbalanced, it's because I experienced it, and I refused to play the class everyone else was playing, in order to actually experience the game. A friend attempted to keep me around, by helping me level through content, but even that was a limited experience, and I didn't want to burden him with it.

If you say changes have been made, then my return should be a pleasant one? is that something you can promise me? or will I face the same tedium I did before I left? where my decisions are NOT my own, but a GUIDE I need to follow or never really get ahead?

And for the record, someone's past history, whether they worked with Hitler or not, doesn't make their points void. I would discontinue such a thought process, because it serves no value in a conversation. What's most important is you prove their claims to be wrong, or you improve off of their claims.

I know this was long, but thank you for reading.

Ayami

Quote from: chimaeragryph on Sep 13, 2023, 12:05 PMBlatantly false. It was tested extensively but the problem existed on the live server while it did not exist on the test server.

100% lie.

Hey o/ This problem about the delay was more something that both Ornstein and I (mainly i) couldn't control, I don't usually take that long with orders and I've done a lot of orders for a lot of servers but, unfortunately, this order with Return To Morroc didn't work out because I didn't balance Hobby with work/study/IRL properly.

Part of this problem was chatted between me and Orns but I posted in my last RTM announcement that I had personal problems (and they really were big problems!) related to my mental and physical health, I don't usually make this public (and I don't) and I didn't even tell Orns at first.
If it hadn't been for that my work would have come out as usual, it was really these two problems that I didn't calculate that made me take too long and he has every right not to want the work anymore! I just wanted to make that clear in public.

Ayami

In addition, I was not part of the RTM staff in any point(contrary to people think), as Orns himself always says in almost every post, he created his server by himself and does everything by himself, not that this is a criticism in itself(although I disagree in opinion and that's perfectly fine, different people have different heads), it is just what is written by him several times.

I respect the server content, after all something like that took a long time to make and as a content creator/dev I need to respect that(the content), regardless of any scandal that any server is involved because this exists and will exist in any hole, aaaanndd thats it, I hope that everything that involves me has become more clear now.

Seb

Quote from: Felione on Sep 27, 2023, 02:43 PMThis troll made good points throughout the read that I would agree with. I started your server in it's early open stages, and it was quite disappointing to play something that I thought I would like to play. I was offered trivial ideas and builds that I disliked overall, and I was informed that healing is not an option, at all.

The server played like a 1x server, but you were forced to farm each mob individually, or die trying. I understand your server was meant to be a custom experience, but the fundamentals of an MMO are slightly missing here. If I recall, this was supposed to be a solo experience, when in fact, you are punished for party play, making it significantly longer to do anything. So in essence, it's a tedious solo experience, where specific classes can do specific content.

I tried about four class types before I moved on from your server, and it wasn't because a troll told me things are unbalanced, it's because I experienced it, and I refused to play the class everyone else was playing, in order to actually experience the game. A friend attempted to keep me around, by helping me level through content, but even that was a limited experience, and I didn't want to burden him with it.

If you say changes have been made, then my return should be a pleasant one? is that something you can promise me? or will I face the same tedium I did before I left? where my decisions are NOT my own, but a GUIDE I need to follow or never really get ahead?

And for the record, someone's past history, whether they worked with Hitler or not, doesn't make their points void. I would discontinue such a thought process, because it serves no value in a conversation. What's most important is you prove their claims to be wrong, or you improve off of their claims.

I know this was long, but thank you for reading.

I agree with you! What orn did is comendable and he obvsiouly takes his passion project seriously, but the server wasnt for me nor is it what i look for in an mmo. These current idea that no one likes support/healer jobs nowadays is tiring in current devs mindset. Supporting in vanilla ro was fun, coming in clutch in parties and one of the most sought out classes ingame.

Rtm was a great server with a lot of fun mechanics, but wasnt for me at the end since it didnt feel much like an mmo to me, seeing how everything is meant to eventually be soloable (if your gear is right) which is closer to renewal ro than vanilla/trans Ro.

Smug Kot

Quote from: Seb on Nov 09, 2023, 08:56 AMI agree with you! What orn did is comendable and he obvsiouly takes his passion project seriously, but the server wasnt for me nor is it what i look for in an mmo. These current idea that no one likes support/healer jobs nowadays is tiring in current devs mindset. Supporting in vanilla ro was fun, coming in clutch in parties and one of the most sought out classes ingame.

Rtm was a great server with a lot of fun mechanics, but wasnt for me at the end since it didnt feel much like an mmo to me, seeing how everything is meant to eventually be soloable (if your gear is right) which is closer to renewal ro than vanilla/trans Ro.

You can perfectly make a "full support" healer in PRM as it gear tied and not job related as everyone can heal, also a "full support" job is in to do list (really mimic/jester already fit that bill). About stuff being soloable, the truth is PRM was designed to offer a casual experience with hardcore challenges, most stuff are soloeable until very late game where making a party/having friends is the recommended way to progress.