ReverieRO - best mid rate out yet!

Started by Gatoruchato, May 13, 2020, 04:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gatoruchato

Hey there. So, its been a while since I wrote server reviews. This time, it will be a guild review for the current server that we're playing. Everyone has played for more than a month already and some have been here since day 1 and we believe that this server should get an amazing review for unique it is.

We have rated the server as the way it is on a listing and these reviews has been gathered from our lovely guildmates who would want to see the server grow further and help out to review the server as one.

Server Stability and Availability:
In general, there's no such thing as lag-free servers, we're amazed that the server has 4 proxies (US, SEA, EUR and NZ) to cater everyone around the world. Tho there are random times that the server crashes but it does not often happen and if its down, its probably on maintenance.

Community Friendliness:
Everyone is actually friendly here, from players to staff. If a staff can't answer the inquiry, the players are there to answer the inquiry.

Eventfulness:
There are automated events from time to time (in span of 1-3 hours) and on top of that, the staff hosts an event every Sunday at 22:00 ST (server time) and there are ones hosted by the staff on a weekly basis. We've seen random players hosting their own events too.

Staff Ratings:
Every staff member is definitely accommodating. If you're shy to ask, you can DM them over at Discord, @request works too but normally everyone is just there if you need help except when they're sleeping. (They need sleep too!) And also, staff is also believed to be mostly at US/EU. If you need a server that staff should be on those times, then this is for you.

Gameplay:
30/30/30x (custom drops for gears, mvp) isn't bad at all, nor its not too fast or slow to get to the max level of 150/70 (pre-re with renewal sprites available) nor getting to fully gear your chars. We have Nori quest that helps everyone to get their levels and a part of this quest drops one of the quest items for a specific equipment in the game. Warper is available but they do not warp you to fields nor to different levels of the dungeons which will require you to walk your way up there. The Priest's /memo skill works on very few maps like towns, few fields (iirc, iRO /memo). The server does not rely on donations much for you to get strong, probably for you to more stunning (YES, YOU READ IT RIGHT, COSTUMES ALL THE WAY!), its not your typical mid rate that would die immediately because of different administrative goals. We have headgear quests, events that can help you get donation credits nor vote for points that can give you donation credits. (7 points = 1 donation credit).

Economy:
Zeny is the most needed thing in the server so far, selected items will require the server's own currency of Midgard Coins (0.30% drop) which isn't really hard to obtain at all, during my one month's stay here I got 50-100 already, rainbow gem (0.01) which I've gotten 7-ish. Either, some players vend those items anyway.

War of Emperium:
4 guilds participating in WoE. And that's like almost everyone in the server. You may drop by at the website or YouTube to see the latest WoE video. They have modified the maximum member count to 30 and they give our participation rewards for people coming to WoE which you can convert to rare costumes.

Donation:
Donation items are actually okay, it contains costumes (rotated every 2 weeks or maintenance), battle manuals, halter lead, charms (server custom and its not badly affecting the game at all), pets, infinite giant fly wing, secure elu/ori (+4 to +7) and that's all.

Customization:
Server has customization, such as the bradium stuff (earring, ring, brooch) from something that you would not consider to something that you'd die for to have. Few cards have been modified. Server has custom dungeons that are not easy to solo, you have to go there with a party to survive as long as you want. We do love that Endless Cellar, that was refreshing and tough at the same time.

Here's what the guild has to say about the server:

misha
QuoteServer is a few months old, GM's and players are all friendly and helpful, event is good but can be better, looking forward for more players to play in the server

In Myth
QuoteYou will be amazed by the opening music at character select window. From that to joining a guild and gearing up, it has been an amazing experience. GMs are helpful, they added Australia proxy for players who were neglected by other servers. This is a relatively new server, so the economy is in the development stage right now. However, I have seen around 20-30 Merchant shops in the vending area now. The only CON I see is the Malee classes that struggle to make a mark in WoE due to heavy damage reduction, and that's one thing I would like to see changing. I am sure GMs have plans for class skill balance soon and that will make classes like LK, Sinx, Sniper etc in DPS section soon.

Yisen
Quotehey thats pretty neat all hail ruler god king ky

Suiken
QuoteThis server has the friendliest community and one of the first that I've seen that has non-toxic competition in WoE. I'd recommend this to anyone looking for a mid rate server. Some of the custom things are a little strange to get used to at first, but it turns out they're fairly balanced.

Dyne Rei
QuoteAs a player from day 1, i really enjoy the server, there are a lot of friendly players, they change/modify some cards to be useful and its a huge thumbs up for me, customization is minimal overall fun server to play.. So try it and join us!

Tekrays
QuoteFriendly ppl all over server

Badger
QuoteIn general my overall experience on the server has been positive. Making friends with people, joining a guild, and helping each other advance within it. The GMs have tried to make themselves available for questions/concerns and to address game breaking issues quickly.
Functional parties were fairly rare for awhile with most just depending on leeching but steps have been made to promote a healthier party environment and now I'm beginning to see people attempt to form parties in main chat again. What i dislike about the server is their gachapon loot box approach to special costumes while rotating only 8 of them every two weeks into the cash shop. This slow limited rotation means its unlikely you'll be able to buy a specific costume even if someone else does pull it by chance due to the weak economy in-game unless they just basically give it away.

Luxidity
QuoteI've never had a more fun experience in RO than on Reverie. The community is extremely friendly and ready to help or host parties all the time. Players across the world in all time zones play regularly so there are almost always folks to do something with. The relationship between the GMs and players is very good, at times it can be difficult to get a hold of them, but thats mainly due to time zone differences. The relationship between the lead guilds is very healthy, some of the biggest hearted, inclusive, and fun people Ive ever met in online gaming period. As a priest main I can happily inform that Magnus hits all but holy and players, making priests able to participate in a large majority of the game beyond being a party slave. Insta-cast is 160 DEX, though modified items in game make that easy enough to achieve. Theres an amazing level of customization including map expansion, quests that help with leveling, endless cellar, custom items, custom card effects, and even custom dungeons!! The cash shop is for the most part fair and balanced. There are fun things in there like name text color change and costumes, some that help streamline the game and give an advantage like infinite flywing/kafra or a charm that increases exp gain, and some things in between such as MVP Pets all with their own fun effects. PvP has been well balanced so far, and WoE has proven to be widely successful. WoE is weekly, and offers rewards such as guild dungeon and a cosmetic merchant. Any problems that have occurred on the server are swiftly and smartly handled by the GM team.

I would easily recommend ReverieRO to anyone who loves pre-re (even with the slight renewal content included)

Overall Rating: 81/100
Donation Level: Balanced
Customization: Occasional - Extensive

Server in general is very okay and highly recommended to everyone who'd take time in reading this review, people here are very friendly and accommodating. You'd see randoms helping you out. Its also rare to see a small server were all guilds participate in WoE. Highest peak that I've seen is at 110. Our guild alone has 20+ unique individuals (counting the amount of people on our own discord channel). Kudos to the staff to everything that they have done since day 1. Its not your typical mid rate server who'd die anytime because they common priority other stuff. Things have improved since I (OP) started here last March 20ish and been here for almost two months now as well, I started with few people of 30-40 and now I can see it regularly at 75 and 100+ when WoE. For population purposes, majority of the people here are at US/EU areas, next to that would be the ones from SEA/NZ.

If you want to try the server out, here's the website: https://reveriero.com/
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ ლ(╹◡╹ლ) (ノ °益°)

Najara

Thank you so much for the review, Night Raid! Glad to hear the server has been a pleasant experience for you all so far and hope it will continue to be for each and every one of you.   /lv