RetRO a server that I considered the best but can't recommend anymore (review)

Started by lungo, Sep 16, 2021, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lungo

Quote from: neethree on Sep 22, 2021, 11:16 AM
I used to play on the server, I'm aware of the situation through reading Discord and seeing discussion from people who still play.
None of the people in this thread are my friends lol. I didn't bring anyone here.  I had a few PMs from people that recognised my sh!tposting and that's about it.  Just sticking my oar in a situation since I'm aware of the mechanics involved. Chill buddy.

FYI I guarantee people will still be making EXP on that sort of scale, even without Minos. 12 tappers and exp song putting all the exp on one character is insane as you can see. The guy even said earlier in the thread they're reaching similar exp/hr in magma post-mino 🤷

So I take you have no proof of your previous claims. Stop posting them then.

Used to play is not the same as activelly playing there, but you were part of Trap Lovers (one of the main bug abusive guilds) so you would be defending this anyway.

About your claims about magma, the abuser own words (once again):

The exploiters will be the doom of that server I already told that, I know this people won't stop and the staff honestly is just incompetent or compliant with this so you are right about them going to find more ways to do whatever the hell they want.

Charity Case

This is a pretty toxic take on retro.Its a decent server and with time it will only get better.This situation reminds me of originsro pre trans. Same deal,people rubbed their brain cells togather, took advantage of exp tap and relatively empty maps to exp fast(i.e seals,sea otters,niff) using signums cruisis tap and mr kim plus monster of the day.(mind you this server allows duel clienting)Is it bannable offense,esp when the GM's give it a green light? No.Not worth rollback either. This is just a prime example of a group of people coming together to min-max their experience. Obviously the GM's have learned from their grave mistake.You know its bad when guilds start pm'ing you about the situation, but whatever it happens.Just like on originsro,they eventually removed singmus cruises exp tap,added water ball proc on sea otters so they were not mobbable anymore as well as fatigue,and certain monster of the day removed after people abused the s*** out of it.They also had another issue with grand cross on oro where it  wasnt working as intended,and didnt even provide stat resets to crusaders despite their mistake. Its a learning progress,but this is just way out to left field by the orginal poster to paint a bad picture on a otherwise decent and wholesome community.If you want to experience 1x oldschool,this is a pretty good server.This thread should be closed by now  /...

lungo

Quote from: Charity Case on Sep 23, 2021, 10:39 PM
This is a pretty toxic take on retro.Its a decent server and with time it will only get better.This situation reminds me of originsro pre trans. Same deal,people rubbed their brain cells togather, took advantage of exp tap and relatively empty maps to exp fast(i.e seals,sea otters,niff) using signums cruisis tap and mr kim plus monster of the day.(mind you this server allows duel clienting)Is it bannable offense,esp when the GM's give it a green light? No.Not worth rollback either. This is just a prime example of a group of people coming together to min-max their experience. Obviously the GM's have learned from their grave mistake.You know its bad when guilds start pm'ing you about the situation, but whatever it happens.Just like on originsro,they eventually removed singmus cruises exp tap,added water ball proc on sea otters so they were not mobbable anymore as well as fatigue,and certain monster of the day removed after people abused the s*** out of it.They also had another issue with grand cross on oro where it  wasnt working as intended,and didnt even provide stat resets to crusaders despite their mistake. Its a learning progress,but this is just way out to left field by the orginal poster to paint a bad picture on a otherwise decent and wholesome community.If you want to experience 1x oldschool,this is a pretty good server.This thread should be closed by now  /...

Is not toxic to make a review and present facts of the issues of a server. Your comparison with Origins RO is false equivalence because OriginsRO is a x5 rates server, no one really cares about exp there, here it was supposed to be x1 but then you have people powerleveling characters in less than an hour, that should have been patched, the GM's knew about this they just let certain people abuse it for a time and then when it was public knowledge they removed it, RetRO was always a server that was made to favor big guilds and give them benefits, they bend the knee completely to them and wouldn't surprise me one bit if they even gave this guilds starting gear etc just to accomodate them. Every single desicion is made based on what guilds want. I listed many on my review.

What happened with the exp exploit was completely unfair to people that leveled normally and should have never happened, the staff was supposed to do something about this and they didn't they pretended this didn't harmed the server when it did and the damage is pretty damn bad,we all agreed on a fair experience for everyone but so far the only that got a good experience were big guilds, they were the only that were listened and protected.

If you want to talk about toxic, talk about all the people that went from OriginsRO to RetRO that don't even want them back on Origins, some people even with multiple bans on Origins.

The bugs, protection of exploiters,the fact that this server desicions are made in favor of big guilds and baning innocent people for making a reveiw and exposing their problems is something that I can not recommend myself, this is my review and no one gets to dictate my standards and how I rate the server I'm reviewing, go make your own, I don't even going to go there to say anything because I litterally couldn't care less.

Raïner

If youre that desperate to play ro and willing to compete against a bunch of abusers by spending hundreds+ hours in order to be on par with them... Feel free to do so  /wah
Whether its fixed or not, damages are already there. Look at the price of Minorous Card, thats the concrete example of a broken market.
Bug exploit, broken economy, abusers. 3 strike, im already out xD.
OathRo looks promising tho if u still have that ro sensation in you. Ill see you there

E_Fist

Quote from: felixvu on Sep 24, 2021, 01:25 AM
If youre that desperate to play ro and willing to compete against a bunch of abusers by spending hundreds+ hours in order to be on par with them... Feel free to do so  /wah
Whether its fixed or not, damages are already there. Look at the price of Minorous Card, thats the concrete example of a broken market.
Bug exploit, broken economy, abusers. 3 strike, im already out xD.
OathRo looks promising tho if u still have that ro sensation in you. Ill see you there

Minos don't drop anything after the first kill. There can't be an influx of mino cards on the server if people were not mobbing new majos for new slaves. Nice try though.

lungo

Quote from: E_Fist on Sep 24, 2021, 06:54 AM
Minos don't drop anything after the first kill. There can't be an influx of mino cards on the server if people were not mobbing new majos for new slaves. Nice try though.
The slaves indeed didn't drop loot but the Majorous card did dropped it's price inherently due to people farming there, it's not a great card anyways, so is no problem really. The problem is the exp exploit, that is a HUGE problem.

Codehunter

Quote from: lungo on Sep 24, 2021, 09:09 AM
The slaves indeed didn't drop loot but the Majorous card did dropped it's price inherently due to people farming there, it's not a great card anyways, so is no problem really. The problem is the exp exploit, that is a HUGE problem.

Just want to share something regards to that EXP exploit. They could have avoided this issue if they removed the exp from mob slave and the issue is solved. They may have not fixed it because they don't know how to fix it? /hmm

If the owner has already been working on source modification of their server, they should have thought about this would happen as the server rates are 1x, and players especially guilds 100% will always find a way to take advantage compared to single players.

I may be wrong but from a server management point of view, this could have been avoided prior to their server launch. /ok
www.ragnarok-resurrection.com | Classic Server |
The only server in SEA that has complete classic Ragnarok gameplay.

Raïner

Quote from: E_Fist on Sep 24, 2021, 06:54 AM
Yeah what about Slave Drop Old Blue Box and Gift Box whenever u kill MVP slave tho? I know its fixed but tell me the price of Santa Poring Card and Gift Box please? Surely its not of the abusers that took advantage of the problem while the Devs didnt care cause of guild favoritism?  /heh
Feels like its bugRO to me than retRO xD. gl hf if ure still enjoying the buggy server.

lungo

Quote from: Codehunter on Sep 25, 2021, 01:12 AM
Just want to share something regards to that EXP exploit. They could have avoided this issue if they removed the exp from mob slave and the issue is solved. They may have not fixed it because they don't know how to fix it? /hmm

If the owner has already been working on source modification of their server, they should have thought about this would happen as the server rates are 1x, and players especially guilds 100% will always find a way to take advantage compared to single players.

I may be wrong but from a server management point of view, this could have been avoided prior to their server launch. /ok

Yeah, they could and I agree with you 100% but if you had mdef and defense bugged for the whole server lifespan it just shows the huge incompetence that administration has... but honestly I believe they wanted the Majorous to be exploited by their chosen guilds and only nerfed it when all the people started noticing, huge incompetence or corruption, either way it was bad and the fact that they decided to do nothing about it but patch the exploit shows that this staff can't be trusted, I can not stresss enough why people should not invest their time on that server is a HUGE disappointment on so many levels.

lungo

This is what happens when you don't listen to the players that care about your server and even go out of your way to ban them only for making a review: