RetRO a server that I considered the best but can't recommend anymore (review)

Started by lungo, Sep 16, 2021, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

neethree

Quote from: lungo on Sep 21, 2021, 07:24 AM
This is not what happened and the evidence itself refutes this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=midl932EYy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1a66GMpII
The abusers own words is that this is nothing like magma, at all.
It's mathematically the only way it would be possible, and actually the screenshots do prove this.
Minorous gives 2750 base EXP.
11 taps at +25% each = 10312.5.
Exp song at +80% = 18562.5

This is the exact figure in the screenshot.

40 Majos on the map. Majo spawns 2 Minos every 60 seconds.

80 Minos killed every 60 seconds = 89m exp, the absolute max possible in their setup.

70mil as an end result sounds about right considering downtime and mistakes, this is only physically possible on each take for the killer. Even Even Share in a duo would not by physically possible to be above 45m an hour given the figures above.

Claims of 20m per person in the party means the party will have been 4 at max.

So, it's not as scary when you break it down, as I said it's comparable to 18 hours tryhard grinding in a share party of 12 to hit 90 which is not outrageous  I feel like a lot of people saw the headlines of 1 character getting 70m exp an hour and assumed it was multiple characters getting 70mil each.
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

lungo

Quote from: neethree on Sep 21, 2021, 08:02 AM
It's mathematically the only way it would be possible, and actually the screenshots do prove this.
Minorous gives 2750 base EXP.
11 taps at +25% each = 10312.5.
Exp song at +80% = 18562.5

This is the exact figure in the screenshot.

40 Majos on the map. Majo spawns 2 Minos every 60 seconds.

80 Minos killed every 60 seconds = 89m exp, the absolute max possible in their setup.

70mil as an end result sounds about right considering downtime and mistakes, this is only physically possible on each take for the killer. Even Even Share in a duo would not by physically possible to be above 45m an hour given the figures above.

Claims of 20m per person in the party means the party will have been 4 at max.

So, it's not as scary when you break it down, as I said it's comparable to 18 hours tryhard grinding in a share party of 12 to hit 90 which is not outrageous  I feel like a lot of people saw the headlines of 1 character getting 70m exp an hour and assumed it was multiple characters getting 70mil each.

There is video evidence of the exp bar getting up like crazy and the abusers themselves confesing their doings and you are still trying to argue against the facts, it is mind blowing.

neethree

Quote from: lungo on Sep 21, 2021, 08:06 AM
There is video evidence of the exp bar getting up like crazy and the abusers themselves confesing their doings and you are still trying to argue against the facts, it is mind blowing.
Im not arguing facts, I'm presenting them - calm down and look at the numbers, calculate it yourself. it doesn't matter if they claim they made 200m, is not mechanically or mathematically possible to make 70m per hour per person, and if you've misunderstood that based on a Discord chat then it's your mistake.
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

lungo

Quote from: neethree on Sep 21, 2021, 08:16 AM
Im not arguing facts, I'm presenting them - calm down and look at the numbers, calculate it yourself. it doesn't matter if they claim they made 200m, is not mechanically or mathematically possible to make 70m per hour per person, and if you've misunderstood that based on a Discord chat then it's your mistake.

The evidence itself shows what they did, there screenshot of what they say they did, there is screenshots of the exp gained per majorous and there is video of the exp bar going up:

You are incurring in a moving the goalpost fallacy: previously you claimed that this kind of things were part of the game and thus people doing this clever use of game mechanics were nothing new,NOW you don't say it is anything special and your tirade now is to try to make it appear as if this is nothing special, you are too easy to figure out.

Wosi2

Its actually both. To hit the numbers you are presenting, they would have to know exactly what they were doing. They would have to be able to kill the slaves but not the majorous. Because otherwise they would have to remob the map again and majorous are slow.

Additionally they would have to have been on each take to hit the numbers on your screenshot, because it is mathematically impossible otherwise.

You would need maximum number of tapper and an exp song, as well as a killer / leecher.

Also at least one priest for emergencys, an wiz for icewalls and so on. So more like 15 people working for one person gaining exp. Its fast exp no doubt, but magma 2 would be much better for the party as a whole and much much better in terms of loot, so I dont get your anger in the matter.

Just as a sidenote, I am no member of a major guild and did not level there. I play mostly solo or with 2 friends and did not profit from the slave behavior in any way. Also I would never level anywhere without loot anyway, as items are much harder to come by on a 1x rate server than experience.

So relax, check your numbers again and maybe reevaluate the situation :)

lungo

Quote from: Wosi2 on Sep 21, 2021, 08:45 AM
Its actually both. To hit the numbers you are presenting, they would have to know exactly what they were doing. They would have to be able to kill the slaves but not the majorous. Because otherwise they would have to remob the map again and majorous are slow.

Additionally they would have to have been on each take to hit the numbers on your screenshot, because it is mathematically impossible otherwise.

You would need maximum number of tapper and an exp song, as well as a killer / leecher.

Also at least one priest for emergencys, an wiz for icewalls and so on. So more like 15 people working for one person gaining exp. Its fast exp no doubt, but magma 2 would be much better for the party as a whole and much much better in terms of loot, so I dont get your anger in the matter.

Just as a sidenote, I am no member of a major guild and did not level there. I play mostly solo or with 2 friends and did not profit from the slave behavior in any way. Also I would never level anywhere without loot anyway, as items are much harder to come by on a 1x rate server than experience.

So relax, check your numbers again and maybe reevaluate the situation :)

Sorry but I trust the evidence and the facts not random people trying gaslight me and I also trust the abusers because they themselves did it and know what they did, they know the ins and outs and they describe it on the evidence, they also say there is "crucial information" not being shared on their dialogues, they themselves know this is not on the level of magma dungeon and there is video of the exp bar going up in rates that should not be possible, they themselves say they leveled up multiple characters using this method in an hour, this is not normal.

Wosi2

The speed in which you answer and the answer itself shows that you really are not open to reevaluate your stance and to really understand arguments that contradict your own. Whether this is intentional or an oversight, only you can know.

If you really read what I wrote, then you would have noticed, that I told you to look at your evidence again and reevaluate your conclusions and not to ignore the evidence before you.

Just my 5 cents, do with it what you will.

lungo

Quote from: Wosi2 on Sep 21, 2021, 08:59 AM
The speed in which you answer and the answer itself shows that you really are not open to reevaluate your stance and to really understand arguments that contradict your own. Whether this is intentional or an oversight, only you can know.

If you really read what I wrote, then you would have noticed, that I told you to look at your evidence again and reevaluate your conclusions and not to ignore the evidence before you.

Just my 5 cents, do with it what you will.

There is nothing to reevaluate, your gaslighting will not work. the evidence speaks for itself.

"You need tons of classes for this, a party of quintillion players!!!" Nope:

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=midl932EYy8

"But this is normal behavior, nothing out of the ordinary, it is impossible that one person was receiving such amount of exp" Nope again:

Video of this actually happening: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1a66GMpII

"It is the same as a magma party!" aaaand, NOPE:

The abusers own words admit that is was not healthy for the game and it was part of all the abusive "****" that plagues RO:

neethree

I think you have not enough understanding of game mechanics. It's easy to focus on hysteria, but it doesn't matter if the 'abuser' says he made 200mil exp solo - a claim on Discord isn't evidence, people brag, people misunderstand - so instead, you have to look at the game mechanics as proof of what is possible.  Firstly, understand that 4800 minorous per hour is the absolute max that can be killed. The game won't physically spawn more than that as they're on a time delay.  40 Majos on the map, 2 Minos per Majo, with a 60 second cooldown for the summon slave skill.  40 * 2 * 60 = 4800. Bear that in mind when looking at the rest, this is an immutable hard cap.

You can do it with 4, but you won't get 70mil. Note he said "could" - the method of icewalling to farm the slaves could be done like that, not that 70m exp could be done like that.
Note in the video tappers and exp song aren't present (which would be required for 70m), nor does it show killing or exp. Without tappers and exp song, the mob can't physically reach high enough exp to total those numbers at a rate of 4800 mobs per hour.

"But this is normal behavior, nothing out of the ordinary, it is impossible that one person was receiving such amount of exp" Nope again:

It is possible one person recieved such exp, but only one person.
It's a heavily edited meme video. You can see during the exp bar segment the blur of gameplay at the bottom is significantly sped up, but even if it wasn't it's a standalone clip that doesn't back up that multiple characters are getting 70m an hour.

I mean, 50m an hour is not really that far off from 70m an hour.

If you're basing your disagreement on the fact people were getting 70mil an hour on one character, thats fine, but it seems there is still misunderstanding going on. And the outrage is understandable if you thought people were getting 70m each haha.
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

E_Fist

Quote from: lungo on Sep 21, 2021, 08:20 AM
The evidence itself shows what they did, there screenshot of what they say they did, there is screenshots of the exp gained per majorous and there is video of the exp bar going up:

You are incurring in a moving the goalpost fallacy: previously you claimed that this kind of things were part of the game and thus people doing this clever use of game mechanics were nothing new,NOW you don't say it is anything special and your tirade now is to try to make it appear as if this is nothing special, you are too easy to figure out.

That xp is still going to only 1 person and it requires 11 other people to support them. The others will not be getting xp.

Here's another video since you like sharing my other video so much. (Don't forget to like and subscribe!)
https://youtu.be/eHEYG2ML68I

This is the 4 man set up when we were trying to work out the sanc tactic. Each mino gave a measely 1278 per kill on a 2 way share. So yes, you can do it with a small party but to get the insane numbers in the screenshot you need people that can tap safely along with xp song.

You said you trust facts so that's it there. You don't get 75m xp on 12 players in a party, you get it on 1 with 11 people supporting you.
And if you're a class that can't do ranged AOE to kill well then you're gonna need to share that 75m with a damage dealer.

Also
Quote from: lungo on Sep 20, 2021, 01:47 PM
This will be my last post on this topic

I guess not huh?

lungo

Quote from: neethree on Sep 21, 2021, 10:32 AM
I think you have not enough understanding of game mechanics. It's easy to focus on hysteria, but it doesn't matter if the 'abuser' says he made 200mil exp solo - a claim on Discord isn't evidence, people brag, people misunderstand - so instead, you have to look at the game mechanics as proof of what is possible.  Firstly, understand that 4800 minorous per hour is the absolute max that can be killed. The game won't physically spawn more than that as they're on a time delay.  40 Majos on the map, 2 Minos per Majo, with a 60 second cooldown for the summon slave skill.  40 * 2 * 60 = 4800. Bear that in mind when looking at the rest, this is an immutable hard cap.

You can do it with 4, but you won't get 70mil. Note he said "could" - the method of icewalling to farm the slaves could be done like that, not that 70m exp could be done like that.
Note in the video tappers and exp song aren't present (which would be required for 70m), nor does it show killing or exp. Without tappers and exp song, the mob can't physically reach high enough exp to total those numbers at a rate of 4800 mobs per hour.

It's a heavily edited meme video. You can see during the exp bar segment the blur of gameplay at the bottom is significantly sped up, but even if it wasn't it's a standalone clip that doesn't back up that multiple characters are getting 70m an hour.

If you're basing your disagreement on the fact people were getting 70mil an hour on one character, thats fine, but it seems there is still misunderstanding going on. And the outrage is understandable if you thought people were getting 70m each haha.

Typical of people like you to argue with the facts, you people like to believe in a dream world where evidence doesn't matter.

The video itself shows how they are funneling the exp to one character "it's edited!" you say, yeah but you can not edit the exp bar going up like that besides the rankings themselves show this to be true and the confesion of the player themselves using this method to level up multiple characters.

You don't even play on this server why are you even here?, you have 0 experience with the issue, you deny the facts and the evidence at this point it is clearly a personal vendetta, a really petty one.

lungo

Quote from: E_Fist on Sep 21, 2021, 10:34 AM
That xp is still going to only 1 person and it requires 11 other people to support them. The others will not be getting xp.

Here's another video since you like sharing my other video so much. (Don't forget to like and subscribe!)
https://youtu.be/eHEYG2ML68I

This is the 4 man set up when we were trying to work out the sanc tactic. Each mino gave a measely 1278 per kill on a 2 way share. So yes, you can do it with a small party but to get the insane numbers in the screenshot you need people that can tap safely along with xp song.

You said you trust facts so that's it there. You don't get 75m xp on 12 players in a party, you get it on 1 with 11 people supporting you.
And if you're a class that can't do ranged AOE to kill well then you're gonna need to share that 75m with a damage dealer.

Also
I guess not huh?

The whole issue is exactly that, the powerleveling of multiple characters using this method, you speak as if they care multiple people don't receive exp matters to them, it doesn't, the objective was to power level characters, BESIDES, they also said they used this method to level up multiple characters "bro we took lvl 45 s*** to lvl 75 in uder two hours" this all while normal legit players struggle to level up.

Anyone defending this has 0 integrity, the people that don't agree with this have all the right to complain and ask for punishment, rollback or compensation to level the field play for everyone, we agreed to play on x1 servers because we were told that this was going to be slow and take tons of months to level up, we all embraced that phylosphy only for this to happen and slap us all in the face all that we believed the promises. If this were x5 or more I wouldn't be even making the post but seriously WE ALL AGREED ON SOMETHING.

Shuchou

Quote from: neethree on Sep 21, 2021, 10:32 AM

I already tried breaking this down for him days ago but he wants to keep using false information for his ranting. Logic is wasted on him, it even shows in his reddit post that he is 100% wrong but still argues everyone else is wrong while him and his alts are the only ones right. Topic should be moved to rant and rave as this was never a true review but a slander and lack of knowledge of how the game worked in episode 6, changes in episode 10.3 is years after in the update history for EU server.

lungo

Quote from: Shuchou on Sep 21, 2021, 02:23 PM
I already tried breaking this down for him days ago but he wants to keep using false information for his ranting. Logic is wasted on him, it even shows in his reddit post that he is 100% wrong but still argues everyone else is wrong while him and his alts are the only ones right. Topic should be moved to rant and rave as this was never a true review but a slander and lack of knowledge of how the game worked in episode 6, changes in episode 10.3 is years after in the update history for EU server.

More false accusations, strawmans, gaslighting etc litterally 0 arguments to be made, the evidence is there for everyone to see, pretending to manipulate people when they can go and see for themselves the evidence is not only low but outright malicious.

Shuchou

Quote from: lungo on Sep 21, 2021, 03:01 PM
More false accusations, strawmans, gaslighting etc litterally 0 arguments to be made, the evidence is there for everyone to see, pretending to manipulate people when they can go and see for themselves the evidence is not only low but outright malicious.

Evidence that an episode 6 server was setup the way it was on official and was changed due to players pointing out that it could harm the server long term due to the low player population to keep from making use of official and posted months ago that it's allowed content. It has been changed once it was shown that it's not a good idea to leave it in until the episode that changes it rolls around for retRO. If it was being hidden by the player base, guild or over used for months there would be 20+ level 99's of each class but there isn't not even enough level 90's to support your false claims that a set group was abusing it for months. However claiming everyone is gaslighting, abuser, cheaters, or wrong due to how little you really know about the episode changes in RO is not the servers fault but your own, even people that don't play on retRO is telling you you're wrong. Official euRO has changes iRO and kRO doesn't have as well as the other way around for each of the official servers as they were adjusted based on the regions playerbase target. Learn the games update and change history before misleading others, only gaslighter, strawman, false accuser in this thread has been you and your other fresh alt accounts. Heck you were banned from the retRO discord for spamming the channel with hate and misinformation, you were asked to stop by the staff but kept going. You even started DMing people insulting them, because they disagreed with you. Most of the proof to back your claims that slave mobs didn't give exp/loot was from a trans+ episode wiki for iRO, not euRO.