RetRO a server that I considered the best but can't recommend anymore (review)

Started by lungo, Sep 16, 2021, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lungo

I was just kicked from the Discord of RetRO and expect to be banned from the game.

This is really sad that the GM's would go and do this to cover themselves.

Morrigan

Maybe its a good idea to stop spreading lies and misinformation. And while you're at it you should probably stop spamming people and slandering everyone nonstop and get your facts straight  /ok

lungo

Quote from: Morrigan on Sep 20, 2021, 10:44 AM
Maybe its a good idea to stop spreading lies and misinformation. And while you're at it you should probably stop spamming people and slandering everyone nonstop and get your facts straight  /ok

No, this is clear abuse of power to protect exploiters and privileged big guilds my facts are 100% straight and everyone reading this thread can see what is happening here don't bother with your gaslighting.

lungo

Funny thing is the GM's actually believe they are hurting me when they are hurting themselves with this action to kick me out and banning me from their game which hasn't happened but I know it will.

Morrigan

You keep using the term gaslighting and I don't think you know what it means.

RO Buddies reported the method to the GMs yet you claim that they're abusing the server? Why would they do that if they only leveled 2-3 characters and reported it the day they found out?

Deja

Dear players and readers of this topic,

we would like to let you know that the user named lungo, aka Contrarion, aka Kukulkan, aka Takemura, aka KnightsAreIllogicallyOP, aka Kaichu, aka klungoco, aka Ataktos
has been removed from our Discord server and will get permanently banned from retRO.

We do no longer tolerate such destructive behavior, spreading rumors and lies based upon false assumptions and half-knowledge to manipulate the opinions of players who are interested to play on our server.
Also, we do not take part in this out-of-hand discussion. Having a good or a bad opinion about a server and sharing it is one thing. Trying all and everything to ruin the reputation of a server just because some decisions are not
to someone's liking, is a whole other story. We do not invest our free time and savings into our project to be subject to such condescending and badmouthing commentary.

Thank you for playing on retRO and good luck on another server, lungo.

Sidenote: lungo was, despite saying otherwise in this topic, still playing on retRO up to this point.

retRO Staff

lungo

Quote from: Deja on Sep 20, 2021, 11:28 AM
Dear players and readers of this topic,

we would like to let you know that the user named lungo, aka Contrarion, aka Kukulkan, aka Takemura, aka KnightsAreIllogicallyOP, aka Kaichu, aka klungoco, aka Ataktos
has been removed from our Discord server and will get permanently banned from retRO.

We do no longer tolerate such destructive behavior, spreading rumors and lies based upon false assumptions and half-knowledge to manipulate the opinions of players who are interested to play on our server.
Also, we do not take part in this out-of-hand discussion. Having a good or a bad opinion about a server and sharing it is one thing. Trying all and everything to ruin the reputation of a server just because some decisions are not
to someone's liking, is a whole other story. We do not invest our free time and savings into our project to be subject to such condescending and badmouthing commentary.

Thank you for playing on retRO and good luck on another server, lungo.

Sidenote: lungo was, despite saying otherwise in this topic, still playing on retRO up to this point.

retRO Staff

Basically I'm being banned for exposing the problems of the server, thats it. I did nothing, I respected the rules of the server contrary to the people you are protecting and even made my review as respectful as possible to the staff but this will only hurt you more in the end than me, I don't need your server dude and you are leaving with this lashing action a precedent that if you ever expose the problems of the server you will get banned.

lungo

This will be my last post on this topic and if the moderators decide to close it i don't mind, it has been invaded by trolls etc and I will not engage in such low behavior, I could post DM's too and expose people but I am above that, I respect people's right for privacy.

All I'm going to say I know I am not the best person and have a lot to change but I made this review with my heart because I cared for the server, there is objectivity and an emotional part on that review, I invested a lot into the server (me and my Girlfriend actually, and the GM's know this to be correct), months of my life that won't come back and I just wanted things to be better, I wanted the staff to act and do something but ultimatelly they just will going to ban me, I will not insult them or attack them(or expose their personal data), I don't agree with the way they are lashing on me or their resolution and even if this is what I got for my months of loyalty it's ok I'll live.

People get mad at me because I counter argument their disagreements etc. what am I supposed to do? just don't counter them so people don't get offended that I have better arguments than them?, I believe I didn't engaged in personal attacks with anyone here but if somehow you feel offended by something I said I am sorry. I won't though apologize for being good at debating.

I hope the review doesn't get deleted because that is the purpose of all this late spam going on.

The end.

InsomniacTV

Its pretty childish to see one of the guilds exposed here coordinate an attempt to spam this thread and demean the OP by dragging it off-topic on purpose, insult the OP to provoke him, act juvenile, and so on. I think they spam the topic on purpose because they want to bait OP. There wasnt a single thing he said about the bugs and the majorous exploit that wasnt well-supported with hard evidence

It also questionable to see the admin post here and release OPs personal information (??) without responding anything about the massive exp exploit that was hidden abused on his server or the rest of the review. He isnt the only one who quit over this and you would think the administration would be concerned about this rather than trying to get get back at the guy. Thats another red flag to me

Quote from: lungo on Sep 20, 2021, 09:12 AM
This is what a member of this guild or this person himself was saying on Discord when he is not looking for symphaty from the people (to appeal to emotion) basically with the mask off:

He knows how much this hurts the game, he knows this is an abuse, his own words is that: "RO is full of ABUSIVE s***" but still tries to gaslight people into believing "this is not an abuse"

Thank you for posting this. This is the smoking gun to me. He admitted they leveled a dancer from lv53 to 90 in 1 hour and 27 minutes. And potter from 68 to 90 in under 2 hours. And certain guilds were privately doing this for how long?? Thats a MAJOR EXPLOIT that destroys the integrity of a 1x server and there needs to be a rollback now or a wipe especially because many of the powerleveled characters are woe and econ builds. The guilds who were doing this hid it from the public for months "with permission" and I just find it unlikely that the admins can claim complete ignorance. It was only changed now that the broader public caught onto it too but without a single person punished and that just only highlights how completely unfair it is. privileges for the insider guilds, none for everyone else

Quote from: Rayeth on Sep 20, 2021, 05:36 AM
Guild account? what is that even mean? All guild members can share that account? This is how you abuse a rank brewer potter or blacksmith. Literally the entire guild can rank a character with multiple people using it. Regular players with no guild wont stand a chance. lol

Yea and thats not even considering the the majorous exploit. I always thought that was strange as it defeats the point of a "single client" server

xtarinos

Quote from: InsomniacTV on Sep 20, 2021, 01:53 PM
Thats a MAJOR EXPLOIT that destroys the integrity of a 1x server and there needs to be a rollback now or a wipe especially because many of the powerleveled characters are woe and econ builds. The guilds who were doing this hid it from the public for months "with permission" and I just find it unlikely that the admins can claim complete ignorance. It was only changed now that the broader public caught onto it too but without a single person punished and that just only highlights how completely unfair it is. privileges for the insider guilds, none for everyone else

Yea and thats not even considering the the majorous exploit. I always thought that was strange as it defeats the point of a "single client" server

Calm down son, you were rambling on about how bad this server was, on reddit with the same ID before this incident.

In anycase, this exploit is a byproduct of official behavior of a half finished game from the early 2000s. I don't see how it warrants a ban or reroll.
If you are smart enough to figure out the exploit, then you deserve some credit.

Literally no other MMORPG bans players for exploiting bugs that don't effect other players. It's a online video game, not a gulag.

You have a point about the GMs claiming complete ignorance is sorta not satisfactory enough of an answer. The exploit should have been patched out earlier. But they have been pretty open about how they want to make sure to not deviate too much from official episodic changes, and this behavior change is not an episodic one. Its official behavior.

Also what do you even mean by "the players who did it, hid it for months", how does one hide something in a map that can be accessed by everyone. And if you mean that they would stop doing it if someone else showed up to the spot. Well yeah that sucks, but there is nothing wrong with it, they are sneaky selfish pricks true, but that's about it.

Regarding favoritism, anyone can do the exploit themselves, everyone was allowed on the map. You can argue that setting up the gl_in01 for Sage worms and lvl 20 players getting 800 exp per mob and speed running to lvl 50 is an exploit. What constitutes as an exploit is how one views it. I don't see how a player(ban) or the whole server(reroll) should be punished because of the dumb oversight of some devs back in 2002.

Peace out

dahman

Quote from: xtarinos on Sep 21, 2021, 03:08 AM
You can argue that setting up the gl_in01 for Sage worms and lvl 20 players getting 800 exp per mob and speed running to lvl 50 is an exploit. What constitutes as an exploit is how one views it. I don't see how a player(ban) or the whole server(reroll) should be punished because of the dumb oversight of some devs back in 2002.
Peace out
thats true,
One guild once made a "charity" server event, purely to help other new ppls from the server (and this actually shows how cool and helpful the comunity is)

they setup the sageworm map (snatched away all other monsters),  placed 2 bards and 2 dancers for 2 fields of exp song,  and others from that guild lured, tanked inside the exp song and buffed all the newbies that joined them.
iirc, the newbies did like more than 1,5k job exp each monster, for each player, in a whole 12man share party.
the chars were job 4X in like no time.

exp song + taps = huge deal in Ro.
organized strats > solo gameplay  in any MMO
thats a legit way to play.

some ppls be like:  "this is unfair, i wasnt online at this time, they had a huge bonus, i didnt, its very unlikely that these newbies were new players - im sure they were just friends of those guilds"
and some others be like:  "well, thats RO.  sad i wasnt online at that time. maybe another event like this comes soon and i can join too."

Xellie

Why are people complaining about the classic experience on a classic style server? That's literally how officials players levelled up back in the day.

Wait until Lord of Death comes around!
Quote from: Aurus on Feb 13, 2024, 07:44 PMp.s. you are such a bad and toxic player I hope to never see you or your guild again

lungo

More gaslighting from people that want to manipulate the people opinion saying this is "normal" and even that this players should be rewarded for exploiting. If this was knew then it should have been patched because clearly this hurts the server and defeats the purpose of x1 rates.

Once again with false equivalences comparing this to other method of group leveling, like i said: more of the same gaslighting.

The same refuted argument about the map being open to "everyone" when not everyone even knew this was a thing, and not everyone has the group of people and the malice to figure out ways to break the game on purpose or take advantage of things like this that clearly hurt the server. I for one if had knew this before I would have reported this behavior to be changed but the people that were doing this were completely quiet about it and didn't really shared it until the gms made the announcement many people didn't knew.

I cared for the server, i would have reported this immediately, the people that abused this clearly don't and in their own words they will look for other things to exploit in the future.

It doesn't come as a surprise though since all the server desicions are made to favor guilds, those skill changes are to favor guilds, they didn't think about the leveling of alchemist because they know guilds can leech them anyway but they sure cared about bards and monks(woe ones) so they could have a good leveling experience. Same why they made the whole guild account to share alchemist and blacksmith defeating the whole purpose of a no multi account server, this guilds demanded a personal brewer and blacksmith, the argument against this was presented that solo players would not have a chance against this guilds in the rankings and they didn't give a damn for them, the argument that it hurts player interaction in a social MMO was presented too about how guilds should hire real players playing this classes (brewer, smith) was also discarded. This is not the first major exploit guilds pull off and the same as before, nothing happens and it seems it is always "allowed" so they can not act, they just say "it was our fault so we can not punish people or compensate" well yeah obviously it is because for some reason you are not acting on the interest of the health of your server and leaving it open for abuses like this only for no consequences after it happens.

If this was known and reported this should have been patched way before same with all the other things that happened and the ones that will keep happening if the same way of management phylosophy keeps going.

I said I was not going to reply anymore but I can't just allow people to have the last word minimizing the staff behavior specially after saying they will ban me for bringing my review and concerns to the public, never once broke any rule of the game or did something bad that could have done harm to the server because I truly cared about it and this is why I get this frustrated over this situation i just care too much for the damage that has been done and frustrates me that nothing is being done to repair it, yeah the exploit was patched but the damage is already done and it is big damage, if this were a server x5 and up i honestly wouldn't care but we all agreed to play x1, because it was slow, it took time we didn't agree to this only for a few to level up characters to lvl 90 in one hour, anyone that believes that is normal behavior or it should be allowed is insane.

neethree

Something a lot of people seem to be missing or are misunderstanding is these claims of 70m per character is going to be on each take.  It isn't be 70m for everyone in the party. It's 11 people (real people, because there's no multiclient) that are all working for no exp of their own to boost one person.  1h30 to get 90, assuming that's true, would be like 18 hours in an even share party.

Comparing that to a 12man "normal" party in magma with a coordinated setup where every single member taps with shoes and exp song, 18 hours of maximum efficiency grinding to hit 90 would be pretty reasonable (especially considering there's no mob fatigue). But that's not as shocking, right?
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

lungo

Quote from: neethree on Sep 21, 2021, 07:16 AM
Something a lot of people seem to be missing or are misunderstanding is these claims of 70m per character is going to be on each take.  It isn't be 70m for everyone in the party. It's 11 people (real people, because there's no multiclient) that are all working for no exp of their own to boost one person.  1h30 to get 90, assuming that's true, would be like 18 hours in an even share party.

Comparing that to a 12man "normal" party in magma with a coordinated setup where every single member taps with shoes and exp song, 18 hours of maximum efficiency grinding to hit 90 would be pretty reasonable (especially considering there's no mob fatigue). But that's not as shocking, right?

This is not what happened and the evidence itself refutes this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=midl932EYy8

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PP1a66GMpII

The abusers own words is that this is nothing like magma, at all.