RetRO a server that I considered the best but can't recommend anymore (review)

Started by lungo, Sep 16, 2021, 11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lungo

Ok I talked to a GM this is what I got:

• Def bug is going to be corrected, they realize it is wrong now
  • Bard skills are going to get discussed to revert them back BUT the GM says it is not likely
  • Apparently Monks also have out of episode skill buffs (Occult impact/investigate is buffed) I will have to add this to my main review now
  • No punishment for the abusers of the Majorous exploit or compensation for the people that never abused this exploit

Now my opinion about this:

• Defense bug changes is good but took way too long (all the server lifespawn) to fix get adressed so tons of mobbers abused this already
  • Bards not likelly to get their skills reverted is pretty bad because currently there are classes like Alchemist that can't even level up properly and no one gives a damn about them?, the GM told me that the community wouldn't accept a buff to Alchemist and I told him "of course not they only care about themselves" why? because Bards are useful for parties and WOE etc so they obviously need that Bards are buffed to level them faster, guilds can level up Alchemist leeching them anyway so screw anyone that plays alone and is not on a big guild, essentially showing once again that guilds are pulling the strings on major desicions
  • Monk having out of episode buffs too came as a suprise to me because Monk litterally has no room to complain about not having alternatives, they can level as combo, as throw spirit spheres (which is buffed on the episode we are), they can be tanks or be MVP killers... so why buff occult impact? SIMPLE: to make guild WOE Monks easier to level up, once again showing that guilds are pulling the strings.
  • No compensation or punishment is just really once again the last straw because this shows they really don't care about people like me that don't go around looking for ways to exploit, they won't punish because the big guilds took advantage of it and they won't compensate because they believe people like me will take it and stay anyways, they are wrong, I for one won't play until compensation or punishment is due.

The GM i spoke to told me two things:

• "But in the end there are only levels gained, no zeny or equipment that flooded the server"
  • " A group of players always level faster than a single person"

Those two things all I can say is first: with higher levels means more power which translates in more items being farmed and more zenny so trying to make it sound like it doesn't affect the server is just really disingenuous this is almost gaslighting and outright lying at worst. The second part is basically another Nirvana fallacy and a thought terminating cliché just to make me stop talking about the subject and analizing how bad this is for the server is also really disingenuous to compare this abuse to normal group play.

With all that being said I still don't recommend anyone to play on this server, sorry I can't, this Majorous exploit is a HUGE thing that any administrator would have already take action, either punishing people or compensating people that never abused this but they won't, expecting people to continue playing as if nothing happened is a slap in the face, yeah, too bad we have some scruples and values and we never thought of exploiting your server I guess, a server we cared for.

lungo

Quote from: Shuchou on Sep 19, 2021, 04:04 PM
Looking at the servers ranking page I only see 4 blacksmiths over level 90 and 2 alchemists level 90+ which months ago was about the same. So if your blind statement was true there would be far more blacksmiths/alchemists over level 90, as the remaining rank slots quickly drop to level 70 in the top 20 displayed. Also at one point you called out the guild Trap lovers, yet looking at the class rankings not many of their members are in the top 20. If it was abused for months wouldn't there be a full list of level 99's in the servers ranking for each class? Honestly seems more like blowing things way out of line to stroke your ego and slander a server.

Now you even claimed I most be an abuser on the server, the highest level character I have on retRO at the moment is 73. I play across multiple servers and retRO is on the backburner for me until it has a bigger player base. So claiming I am white knighting or fanboying is just a poor tactic to try dodging logical truth against your overly dramatized slander(s).  So everyone can even check the rankings their self https://retro-online.eu/ranking/char  for being 9months in, looks pretty close to what you would expect to see. Nothing wrong with disagreeing with how the devs go about things on their server and or no longer wanting to play it, but stretching the truth and falsely pointing fingers at people just because they say otherwise is rather sad and sounds a lot like another 1x server owners tactic to justify themselves.

On the rankings you can not see every single character that was leveled up using this method, saying that everyone that used this leveled to 99 outright is not the argument the argument is that they took multiple characters to high levels by doing this, it is exposed on the main post, there are screenshots of the conversations and videos of it, if iI were taking this out of proportion as you claim the GM's wouldn't even be patching this out, the fact is there was rampant abuse from the top dog guilds which on a server population of 100 real players is not a lot but we should not argument based on quantity but the act itself and the act is despicable and makes a huge gap between the ones that took advantage of this or the ones that didn't.

If you keep with you false accusations about me being someone else or your conspiracies I will report you again.

neethree

Quote from: lungo on Sep 19, 2021, 04:18 PM
With all that being said I still don't recommend anyone to play on this server, sorry I can't, this Majorous exploit is a HUGE thing that any administrator would have already tak action, either punishing people or compensating people that never abused this but they won't, expecting people to continue playing as if nothing happened is a slap in the face, yeah, too bad we have some scruples and values and we never thought of exploiting your server I guess, a server we cared for.
Now, the def bug and non-classic cherrypicked content are criticisms I agree with, but this... Why on earth would they punish someone for doing something that was not against the rules, and why on earth would they compensate people? You keep calling it an exploit and calling for punishment as if people were bug abusing, but it's just powerlevelling and cheesing at most. Dumb of staff to have allowed it in the first place - key word, *allowed* - but it would be ten times as bad for them to go "Yeah I know we said that farming mob slaves was OK, but we've changed our minds and now we're going to punish you for it".  A crazy fast levelling method has been and gone - that's the cycle of RO. Should people have compensation for missing the 2x exp event? Should people have compensation when 12man Kim parties roll up in Bio3? People will always find the best levelling method and cheese it all to hell in any given point in time - the punishment is having that method removed. Unless you make a rule saying "You must only kill one mob at a time" there are always going to be powergamers, and that's just the way MMOs are.

Ever seen the "Bring your own cup" thing they do with slurpees and people roll up with buckets? This is just the MMO version of that, lol.
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

lungo

Quote from: neethree on Sep 19, 2021, 04:48 PM
Now, the def bug and non-classic cherrypicked content are criticisms I agree with, but this... Why on earth would they punish someone for doing something that was not against the rules, and why on earth would they compensate people? You keep calling it an exploit and calling for punishment as if people were bug abusing, but it's just powerlevelling and cheesing at most. Dumb of staff to have allowed it in the first place - key word, *allowed* - but it would be ten times as bad for them to go "Yeah I know we said that farming mob slaves was OK, but we've changed our minds and now we're going to punish you for it".  A crazy fast levelling method has been and gone - that's the cycle of RO. Should people have compensation for missing the 2x exp event? Should people have compensation when 12man Kim parties roll up in Bio3? People will always find the best levelling method and cheese it all to hell in any given point in time - the punishment is having that method removed. Unless you make a rule saying "You must only kill one mob at a time" there are always going to be powergamers, and that's just the way MMOs are.

Ever seen the "Bring your own cup" thing they do with slurpees and people roll up with buckets? This is just the MMO version of that, lol.

"Why on earth would they punish someone for doing something that was not against the rules"-Because they clearly didn't know all the information about this leveling method, either the abusers lied to them about this and hide how they were doing it or the GM's knew since the beginning and thought not many people would notice and only a few would take advantage of it. Besides they could have opted for a rollback once it was clear that this would taint the server forever IF they truly didn't knew about this.

"why on earth would they compensate people?" -Because an abuse took place nonetheless, people that abide by the rules and don't take advantage of this situations should be rewarded IF they are not going to punish players, it's one of the other not both, either punish or compensate people for letting this abusers take huge amounts of experience unpunished.

"You keep calling it an exploit and calling for punishment as if people were bug abusing, but it's just powerlevelling and cheesing at most."- Because they are abusing an exploit, you call things for what they are, I know it is a difficult concept to graps for this new generation that likes to destroy the language and to manipulate definitions based on subjective concepts and not objectivity and facts.

"Should people have compensation for missing the 2x exp event? Should people have compensation when 12man Kim parties roll up in Bio3?"- False equivalence fallacies at it's finest.

"People will always find the best levelling method and cheese it all to hell in any given point in time"- The same thought terminatig cliché, Nirvana fallacy already debunked.

"Unless you make a rule saying "You must only kill one mob at a time"" -No one ever said this, this is a strawman fallacy and a false equivalence in disguise trying to once again falselly equate normal group leveling to what took place on the Majorous map.

"Ever seen the "Bring your own cup" thing they do with slurpees and people roll up with buckets? This is just the MMO version of that, lol"- Another flase equivalence here, you are wrong, not all the server had the opportunity to take advantage of it, only the big guilds and a few selected people had this ability, most players didn't knew about this being a thing, a lot of players also play alone and don't have guilds to even thinking of doing this, so no, not everyone could bring their bucket as you falsely claim.

neethree

Quote from: lungo on Sep 19, 2021, 05:04 PM
Because they clearly didn't know all the information about this leveling method, either the abusers lied to them about this and hide how they were doing it or the GM's knew since the beginning and thought not many people would notice and only a few would take advantage of it. Besides they could have opted for a rollback once it was clear that this would taint the server forever IF they truly didn't knew about this.

Man, for all you harp on about objectivity and facts you sure do like making up your own backstory.
Current Server(s):
None ;-;

lungo

Quote from: neethree on Sep 19, 2021, 05:09 PM
Man, for all you harp on about objectivity and facts you sure do like making up your own backstory.

It is called "theorizing" I know people this days just live on social media, live off their big egos being fed by likes, retweets, upvotes etc and thinking that science and objective reality are a democracy...

We know that the GM's changed this because it was an absurd method of leveling up, on their own words:

• "We apologise in any form that we did not listen to the concerns of players that warned us about it and this has only now become clear to us."
  • "We were naive back then, we never thought that our player would min max this to this extend." (said to me in a PM)

Assuming they are telling the truth then yes, it is fair to assume they didn't knew the whole story and the abusers hide this facts from them for a LONG time before they took action.

This is not new though, here is another example: The Steel body Monk bug that the guild Trap Lovers abused for months too, they were purposefully not clear on what they were doing while "reporting" the behavior to the GM's in order to hide their true intentions, they never outright said: "we are making a Monk that is essentially Fleeing damage through high Vit, receiving 0 damage" and when the GM's truly found out what they were doing they had to take action and they did NOT punish them for abusing this and telling them half truths in fact they even offered them a free character reset because this shameful people without scruples had even the guts to play victims blaming the GM's for fixing this bug because the poor them were going to lose their character they invested months on it, so the staff bent the knee for this abusers.

It is also safe to assume that this is the case that they truly never knew the scope of their desicion because they thought that defence was working as intended, one person asked: "is def currently bugged it feels you can mob infinity and not loose def" and the head administrator of the server answered: "Why you should lose def?".

This clearly shows that they really don't know much about ragnarok in general to me and that are prone to mistakes like this or really gullible and prone to be taken advantage by exploiters.

Now the alternative is that they actually did this on purpose to benefit guilds and the evidence of this is every single desicion so far made to benefit guilds like:

• Having out of episode skills on certain classes.
  • Not punishing guilds for not communicating accurately weird server behavior that can be abused
  • Allowing guilds to have guild accounts so they can have their own guild alchemist or blacksmiths essentially allowing guilds to share characters
  • Members of a guild being GM's for a time

Those are on the top of my head but there are probably more.

So as you can see there is tons of material that support this theory.

InsomniacTV

Retro was started as a collab between the staff and one of the guilds there because OriginsRo and Travels dont offer god items and this guild wanted god items so basical one of the guilds is a co-owner. My view is that this was "allowed" because the big guilds call the shots and only they were benefitting from it. Regular players wouldnt think to do a tactic like that

75/m hour on 1x isnt normal and it isnt just "well people in groups make more than people solo". Its exploitable

lungo

Quote from: InsomniacTV on Sep 19, 2021, 06:37 PM
Retro was started as a collab between the staff and one of the guilds there because OriginsRo and Travels dont offer god items and this guild wanted god items so basical one of the guilds is a co-owner. My view is that this was "allowed" because the big guilds call the shots and only they were benefitting from it. Regular players wouldnt think to do a tactic like that

75/m hour on 1x isnt normal and it isnt just "well people in groups make more than people solo". Its exploitable

This sounds plausible, I once asked what characters they play and in what guild because I had suspicion that they were part of Skill Capped guild but they never told me and I doubt they don't play on their own server.

Who knows really, at this point anything is possible, refusing to act about this is a major red flag IMO.

lungo

I present to you one of the main guilds that abused this Majorous exp bug:

I know for a fact this 2 WOE sages were never on this Sage rankings

And I don't even remember this guild being on the rankings of the guilds at all, I'm not that sure about they being this high at least

This 3 Alchemist for WOE too are too obvious:

If only I took more time looking at this rankings I could come up with more but this are the easiest to see, only the GM's really know how much people abused this thing but it is insane they are asking us to make blind eye on this situation.

Rayeth

Guild account? what is that even mean? All guild members can share that account? This is how you abuse a rank brewer potter or blacksmith. Literally the entire guild can rank a character with multiple people using it. Regular players with no guild wont stand a chance. lol

Saegys

Yo, I'm one of the core members of the RO Buddies guild that joined late July/early August, I'm also one of the sages in the screenshot you just posted.

The first thing you should know about this server is that it tries to emulate RO as closely as possible to how it was back in the day, there's a few notable exceptions to this and they have listed these on their website (https://retro-online.eu/balancing). Sometimes bugs slip through the cracks as you make your server configuration, and when you find out you're unfortunately in a situation where you will piss players off regardless. Either you fix the bug and be true to your server vision, while at the same time pissing off players that don't want it changed. Or you leave it be and people get mad at you for not fixing a now glaring issue. In most of these cases it's best to fix it, making your server a more well polished product and sticking to what you set out for your server to be.

The defense "bug"
For people that don't know, this is about soft def not being reduced if you have more than 2/3 targets on you, makes it easier to tank huge mobs. Mostly beneficial to MS monks since they can effectively reduce their damage taken to 1s with enough vit.

This is an episodic change as far as I know and will get updated to not work well with lots of monsters on you in the future just like it was back in the day. It is however pretty hard to get accurate mechanics data for older RO episodes, so if someone has a valid source saying this isn't the correct behavior at that episode they'll probably change it up.

The mdef bug
Soft mdef wasn't working on the server for a while, on both players and monsters. The initial report came from players taking too much damage from magic, when they fixed that they fixed monster mdef too since it's the same calculation. You can't just leave bugs like this in the game once you know that they're there.

The Majo situation
I want to preface this by saying that my guild is a huge bunch of nerds when it comes to RO, we no life and minmax the s*** out of it.

We got curious about minos as a leveling method after reading back in the patch notes when we joined the server, apparently you could let majos respawn minos and get exp from those resummoned minos. We initially started by mobbing the map and running them in SG, letting them respawn, remobbing again until the majos died. We would then repeat this for like 1.5m exp an hour per member in the party, this was worse than magma but easier to setup and you needed less classes, more "dead" classes could join and just tap for exp compared to magma. The tradeoff was that you got little to no loot.

After some theorycrafting we found a way to never having to remob the map, just endlessly killing the minos. This does require more setup and snowballed in our guild just bringing 15ish members down to mass tap/kim for a single character getting leeched. When we initially did this we got to 50m/h combined party exp while leeching up our guild brewer, RO Buddies.

This felt very much like cheesing the game instead of playing it cause of the resummons, so I contacted a gm saying that they should maybe reconsider their stance on respawned slave minos giving exp since I believed this would be very bad for the server and also my guild in the long run. I heard nothing back and we continued leeching 2-3 more characters after refining the strategy and getting up to combined 75m/h over the next two days, none of those 2-3 chars were the characters you screenshotted.

Then the announcement dropped that this was no longer allowed and would be fixed during maintenance in two days. The GMs didn't know how high the numbers could go and were only fine with respawns giving exp if your majos were dying. We literally got the strongest leveling method removed before we even got to fully use it. "Punishment" as some dumbasses are calling for would be dumb, people were just playing the game the optimal way using methods that were officially OK'd by the GM team. People also spent considerable amount of time down there, it's not like they were chilling in town and got free exp.

It's also ridiculous to say that people were printing out 99s, there's like 11 99s on the server as of this moment, and a lot of those are solo chars like hunter/rogue/sin.

Since then we've been leveling in magma instead and are getting 4-4.5m exp/h for the every party member(with around 12-15 members present on the map) which is honestly very comparable to what we used to get at majos, and we are actually getting loot now too.

Our characters and guild being high level is because we grind so much, I spent 8-10h in magma the past weekend getting 6 levels on my WoE sage, and I was only one of the 12 members in that party.

Conclusion
My guild and I are having a blast on this server, the GMs are very helpful and stay true to their vision when issues come up. It's very unfortunate that some people don't have the mental capacity to realize that sometimes bugs occur and need to get fixed or that GMs can be wrong initially and change their mind when they get new information.

lungo

Quote from: Saegys on Sep 20, 2021, 06:16 AM
Yo, I'm one of the core members of the RO Buddies guild that joined late July/early August, I'm also one of the sages in the screenshot you just posted.

The first thing you should know about this server is that it tries to emulate RO as closely as possible to how it was back in the day, there's a few notable exceptions to this and they have listed these on their website (https://retro-online.eu/balancing). Sometimes bugs slip through the cracks as you make your server configuration, and when you find out you're unfortunately in a situation where you will piss players off regardless. Either you fix the bug and be true to your server vision, while at the same time pissing off players that don't want it changed. Or you leave it be and people get mad at you for not fixing a now glaring issue. In most of these cases it's best to fix it, making your server a more well polished product and sticking to what you set out for your server to be.

The defense "bug"
For people that don't know, this is about soft def not being reduced if you have more than 2/3 targets on you, makes it easier to tank huge mobs. Mostly beneficial to MS monks since they can effectively reduce their damage taken to 1s with enough vit.

This is an episodic change as far as I know and will get updated to not work well with lots of monsters on you in the future just like it was back in the day. It is however pretty hard to get accurate mechanics data for older RO episodes, so if someone has a valid source saying this isn't the correct behavior at that episode they'll probably change it up.

The mdef bug
Soft mdef wasn't working on the server for a while, on both players and monsters. The initial report came from players taking too much damage from magic, when they fixed that they fixed monster mdef too since it's the same calculation. You can't just leave bugs like this in the game once you know that they're there.

The Majo situation
I want to preface this by saying that my guild is a huge bunch of nerds when it comes to RO, we no life and minmax the s*** out of it.

We got curious about minos as a leveling method after reading back in the patch notes when we joined the server, apparently you could let majos respawn minos and get exp from those resummoned minos. We initially started by mobbing the map and running them in SG, letting them respawn, remobbing again until the majos died. We would then repeat this for like 1.5m exp an hour per member in the party, this was worse than magma but easier to setup and you needed less classes, more "dead" classes could join and just tap for exp compared to magma. The tradeoff was that you got little to no loot.

After some theorycrafting we found a way to never having to remob the map, just endlessly killing the minos. This does require more setup and snowballed in our guild just bringing 15ish members down to mass tap/kim for a single character getting leeched. When we initially did this we got to 50m/h combined party exp while leeching up our guild brewer, RO Buddies.

This felt very much like cheesing the game instead of playing it cause of the resummons, so I contacted a gm saying that they should maybe reconsider their stance on respawned slave minos giving exp since I believed this would be very bad for the server and also my guild in the long run. I heard nothing back and we continued leeching 2-3 more characters after refining the strategy and getting up to combined 75m/h over the next two days, none of those 2-3 chars were the characters you screenshotted.

Then the announcement dropped that this was no longer allowed and would be fixed during maintenance in two days. The GMs didn't know how high the numbers could go and were only fine with respawns giving exp if your majos were dying. We literally got the strongest leveling method removed before we even got to fully use it. "Punishment" as some dumbasses are calling for would be dumb, people were just playing the game the optimal way using methods that were officially OK'd by the GM team. People also spent considerable amount of time down there, it's not like they were chilling in town and got free exp.

It's also ridiculous to say that people were printing out 99s, there's like 11 99s on the server as of this moment, and a lot of those are solo chars like hunter/rogue/sin.

Since then we've been leveling in magma instead and are getting 4-4.5m exp/h for the every party member(with around 12-15 members present on the map) which is honestly very comparable to what we used to get at majos, and we are actually getting loot now too.

Our characters and guild being high level is because we grind so much, I spent 8-10h in magma the past weekend getting 6 levels on my WoE sage, and I was only one of the 12 members in that party.

Conclusion
My guild and I are having a blast on this server, the GMs are very helpful and stay true to their vision when issues come up. It's very unfortunate that some people don't have the mental capacity to realize that sometimes bugs occur and need to get fixed or that GMs can be wrong initially and change their mind when they get new information.

This whole post is just a pathetic attempt of an abuser to rationalize their actions to the public in order to gaslight them to appear as if they did nothing wrong.

This person is wrong about the defense, completely wrong even saying that this only beneficial to MS monks, shows complete lack of knowledge of the game for someone that says to know a lot. This bug is letting all classes that rely on vit and defense to tank an infinite amount of mobs with no penalites, this is OriginsRO wiki:

All the people that I contacted that are actual experts on the game and do know what they are talking about were mind blown by RetRO not having this accurately and it IS big deal compared to what this ignorant person is saying.

I never asked the MDEF bug to stay, I don't know why this abuser is even implying that. My review needed to mention it so people can grasp all the mistakes, errors and overal incompetence that happened on the server that as a whole made me want to quit.

The Majorous explanation is like I said at the begining just a sad attempt to normalize an exploit, is a cynical gaslighting attempt of what happened and an appeal to emotion fallacy so the people once again look at them as the poor misunderstood people that were just playing the game "normally".

• "we initially did this we got to 50m/h combined party exp while leeching up our guild brewer,"
  • "This felt very much like cheesing the game
  • "we continued leeching 2-3 more characters after refining the strategy"
  • "getting up to combined 75m/h over the next two days"

This is what a member of this guild or this person himself was saying on Discord when he is not looking for symphaty from the people (to appeal to emotion) basically with the mask off:

This person is trying to gaslight everyone into believing this is a "non issue" but this are his own words about this situation:

He knows how much this hurts the game, he knows this is an abuse, his own words is that: "RO is full of ABUSIVE s***" but still tries to gaslight people into believing "this is not an abuse"

This is called a FREUDIAN SLIP: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freudian_slip

"In psychoanalysis, a Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that occurs due to the interference of an unconscious subdued wish or internal train of thought. Classical examples involve slips of the tongue, but psychoanalytic theory also embraces misreadings, mishearings, mistypings, temporary forgettings, and the mislaying and losing of objects."

This person says I don't have the "mental capacity"? don't make laugh, i perfectly understand what happened and so do you, you just want to pretend that this was nothing out of the ordinary but you or whoever that person on the screenshots is, sure likes to gloat about how you people abused this exploit, you know how much it hurts the game, you know all of it you just are not sincere, you lie and gaslight people and appeal to emotion with your ludicrous comments on how you are such a good guys that do nothing wrong etc.

Saegys

How can you claim abuse when the GMs say it wasn't abuse, they even specifically OK'd it beforehand, AND we reported it after we did it the first time?

Do you categorize people leveling with magic before the mdef fix as abuse too? Where does it end?

Can you link a better source for your defense penalty thing? Another private servers wiki isn't really a valid source for figuring out how this worked in episode 6.

Overall you just come off as some salty player that was too smooth brain to figure out efficient leveling ways beyond knifing Porings, angrily lashing out when you realize people played more efficient than you and then proceeding to defame the server and its administration.

Also can you stop linking to basic concepts on wikipedia like some "I'm smarter than everyone else" 14 yo that has recently learned some new vocabulary? These terms are common knowledge, you're not "flexing" in the way you think you are.

lungo

Quote from: Saegys on Sep 20, 2021, 09:26 AM
How can you claim abuse when the GMs say it wasn't abuse, they even specifically OK'd it beforehand, AND we reported it after we did it the first time?

Do you categorize people leveling with magic before the mdef fix as abuse too? Where does it end?

Can you link a better source for your defense penalty thing? Another private servers wiki isn't really a valid source for figuring out how this worked in episode 6.

Overall you just come off as some salty player that was too smooth brain to figure out efficient leveling ways beyond knifing Porings, angrily lashing out when you realize people played more efficient than you and then proceeding to defame the server and its administration.

Also can you stop linking to basic concepts on wikipedia like some "I'm smarter than everyone else" 14 yo that has recently learned some new vocabulary? These terms are common knowledge, you're not "flexing" in the way you think you are.

"How can you claim abuse when the GMs say it wasn't abuse, they even specifically OK'd it beforehand, AND we reported it after we did it the first time?" -This is you, you know it, stop pretending:

Quote from: lungo on Sep 20, 2021, 09:12 AM

This person is trying to gaslight everyone into believing this is a "non issue" but this are his own words about this situation:

He knows how much this hurts the game, he knows this is an abuse, his own words is that: "RO is full of ABUSIVE s***" but still tries to gaslight people into believing "this is not an abuse"

"In psychoanalysis, a Freudian slip, also called parapraxis, is an error in speech, memory, or physical action that occurs due to the interference of an unconscious subdued wish or internal train of thought. Classical examples involve slips of the tongue, but psychoanalytic theory also embraces misreadings, mishearings, mistypings, temporary forgettings, and the mislaying and losing of objects."

"Do you categorize people leveling with magic before the mdef fix as abuse too? Where does it end?" -False equivalence, I and most people didn't knew about this, we didn't make magic characters specifically to take advantage of a situation and the fix of this reduced magic damage around 1.5k for a lvl 10 bolt, so not even close to the damage that the exploit you abused.

"Can you link a better source for your defense penalty thing? Another private servers wiki isn't really a valid source for figuring out how this worked in episode 6"- Yeah, go ask the GM's because is getting changed, yeah, better abuse it while you still can because yor infinite mobbing without reductions is bye bye.

"Overall you just come off as some salty player that was too smooth brain to figure out efficient leveling ways beyond knifing Porings, angrily lashing out when you realize people played more efficient than you and then proceeding to defame the server and its administration." -Typical adhominem and a pitiful appeal to ridicule fallacy, this is what can you expect from someone that was anhilated in a debate left with 0 resources left. This is not defamation "smooth brain" this are facts and those were your own words on my last post, I gues you didn't thought I had all the receits.

"Also can you stop linking to basic concepts on wikipedia like some "I'm smarter than everyone else" 14 yo that has recently learned some new vocabulary? These terms are common knowledge, you're not "flexing" in the way you think you are."-More ad hominems and appeal to ridicule, typical like I said from someone that just got destroyed and also I notice a lot of jelousy there, yeah, not my fault I can actually debate, present arguments and expose fallacious thought like a champ.

GoHaeRi

Quote from: lungo on Sep 20, 2021, 09:12 AM
This whole post is just a pathetic attempt of an abuser to rationalize their actions to the public in order to gaslight them to appear as if they did nothing wrong.

This person is wrong about the defense, completely wrong even saying that this only beneficial to MS monks, shows complete lack of knowledge of the game for someone that says to know a lot. This bug is letting all classes that rely on vit and defense to tank an infinite amount of mobs with no penalites, this is OriginsRO wiki:

All the people that I contacted that are actual experts on the game and do know what they are talking about were mind blown by RetRO not having this accurately and it IS big deal compared to what this ignorant person is saying.

I never asked the MDEF bug to stay, I don't know why this abuser is even implying that. My review needed to mention it so people can grasp all the mistakes, errors and overal incompetence that happened on the server that as a whole made me want to quit.

The Majorous explanation is like I said at the begining just a sad attempt to normalize an exploit, is a cynical gaslighting attempt of what happened and an appeal to emotion fallacy so the people once again look at them as the poor misunderstood people that were just playing the game "normally".

• "we initially did this we got to 50m/h combined party exp while leeching up our guild brewer,"
  • "This felt very much like cheesing the game
  • "we continued leeching 2-3 more characters after refining the strategy"
  • "getting up to combined 75m/h over the next two days"

This is what a member of this guild or this person himself was saying on Discord when he is not looking for symphaty from the people (to appeal to emotion) basically with the mask off:

This person says I don't have the "mental capacity"? don't make laugh, i perfectly understand what happened and so do you, you just want to pretend that this was nothing out of the ordinary but you or whoever that person on the screenshots is, sure likes to gloat about how you people abused this exploit, you know how much it hurts the game, you know all of it you just are not sincere, you lie and gaslight people and appeal to emotion with your ludicrous comments on how you are such a good guys that do nothing wrong etc.

bruh stfu. if the GMs says that leveling method was allowed, then theres no abuse. stop bashing other guilds for playing the game the way it was intended/allowed. stop crying that you have no friends/guilds to play with to figure out how the game are are originally was back in the day. also, stop using other pserver wikis to validate your point it made you sounds like an idiot. just quit and stop posting and move on to the next server. dont need a cry baby like you who complains about everything, heck this guy even complain about a community event some player hosted. whoever reading this thread, you guys should know that this guy is a total joke.