RetRO (the reality)

Started by Cell was already in use, Sep 04, 2021, 07:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cell was already in use

I was looking around for where to leave a review about this server and in my travels I stumbled on a thread with somebody straight up lying about the server and trying to discourage people from trying it. I just wanted to put my brief 100% truthful experience here for the record.

I joined like 1-2 months ago, so I can't really comment on any server conditions before that, but in the time I've played I can say that:

1. The staff has been very professional polite and approachable and on top of that they work really hard at fixing bugs and addressing issues.

2. The people running this seem really committed to making this server the closest to a classic experience as possible with almost no alterations besides bug fixes and a few instances of balancing in the case of really bad imbalances. With the exception of cards. A lot of the cards in the game weren't introduced until later episodes but in RetRo they have a policy that if you kill a monster then it can drop its card (even if technically not episodically accurate) but I don't really mind this since most other aspects of the server are very episodically accurate.

3. There is no money / P2W involved that I have seen

4. Even though they are based in EU they use some kind of AWS fast service and I instantly noticed that this is noticeably smoother for me than OriginsRO (Im playing from Australia, OriginsRO was my last server) and the performance has been pretty constant over the last month.

There are actually a lot of players that used to / still play origins now playing on RetRO. I started because I got tired of Origins when they went trans... I don't really like trans... and that's probably my main concern about RetRO, they are slowly approaching trans and when they eventually get there I guess I will tire of this server too. But until then I highly recommend ^_^

InsomniacTV

Maybe you're lucky but I've had the opposite experience. Between untrustworthy staff, guild favoritism, and others things people should stay away from retro. The only point that can be considered true here is #3 but that's overshadowed by the other issues.

Shuchou

Quote from: InsomniacTV on Sep 05, 2021, 06:20 AM
Maybe you're lucky but I've had the opposite experience. Between untrustworthy staff, guild favoritism, and others things people should stay away from retro. The only point that can be considered true here is #3 but that's overshadowed by the other issues.

But what guild favoritism is there and what makes them seem untrustworthy to you? A newly account made account giving zero reason is pretty fishy at best, as I personally don't see anything wrong with the staff or any kind of favoritism let it be player or guild on the server and I've been playing for about 5 months now.